Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is this actually a viable strategy?  (Read 2006 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Is this actually a viable strategy?
« on: October 26, 2015, 07:27:20 pm »

Code: [Select]
Chapel, Stonemason, Bureaucrat, Scavenger, Silk Road, Cache, Counting House, Graverobber, Venture, Altar
Playing this game on the new client and everything, so random opponents happen.  That being said, I am interested in my chapel/graverobber strategy.  Not much going on here except trashing down into BM.  No real engine to speak of.  So I decided to mass up some graverobbers and just get provinces that way.

So, does this work against BM?  How well against some sort of mirror?  Are there parts that can be added to optimize a strategy like this?

Log (un-prettified in case the first link doesn't work)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Is this actually a viable strategy?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:49:25 pm »

Chapel, Stonemason, Bureaucrat, Scavenger, Silk Road, Cache, Counting House, Graverobber, Venture, Altar
Playing this game on the new client and everything, so random opponents happen.  That being said, I am interested in my chapel/graverobber strategy.  Not much going on here except trashing down into BM.  No real engine to speak of.  So I decided to mass up some graverobbers and just get provinces that way.

So, does this work against BM?  How well against some sort of mirror?  Are there parts that can be added to optimize a strategy like this?

I don't think I'd go for that. Cache/Silk Road/Counting House seems okay. Chapel/BM with a Scavenger or two seems okay as well. I think simple, mindless play is good here.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 08:06:23 pm »

I don't think I'd go for that. Cache/Silk Road/Counting House seems okay. Chapel/BM with a Scavenger or two seems okay as well. I think simple, mindless play is good here.

For BM a scavenger/silver is better than chapel. However with that opening I would build venture chain thats quite reliable.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 06:36:09 am »
+1

Cache / Silk Road / Counting House sounds completely awful. The only way you can gain a second card per turn in this kingdom is Altar, you have no +Buy to make Counting House even possibly worth the time investment, and you're playing against an opponent with a fast thin deck thanks to Chapel.

I think the turbo Graverobber strategy is probably better than a lot of what you can do on this board, but I'd probably consider something with Chapel / Altar / Venture to see if I could get to 8 every turn somehow. That seems overly ambitious though.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 08:53:04 am »

Slog seems best here to me. Bureaucrat, Cache, and Altar all support Silk Roads. Turbo-Graverobber will probably have some trouble ending the game against this, particularly since Bureaucrat will hurt it.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 11:02:15 am »

Slog seems best here to me. Bureaucrat, Cache, and Altar all support Silk Roads. Turbo-Graverobber will probably have some trouble ending the game against this, particularly since Bureaucrat will hurt it.

No, after playing this few times versus AI I found that chapel is too slow as it loses to bots. A double-scavenger is better mainly as with venture and scavenger in hand and one gold in deck it guarantees 6 which is almost always province.

However versus silk road slog venture-chapel would easily win as while longer to setup it has no trouble gaining 8 provinces.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 11:04:06 am »

Hmm, I hadn't considered Venture/Chapel. Yeah that might be best here.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 20 queries.