Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Magical losses  (Read 11346 times)

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
Re: Magical losses
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 12:20:14 pm »
+2

I have an probable winner, what to do if you manage to get gold on turn 4 in following kingdom?

Native Village, Scheme, Workshop, Armory, Bridge, Jack of All Trades, Scout, Golem, Adventurer, King's Court, Colony, Platinum

Of course build an kc-golem-scout-scheme-bridge engine with 5 golems and 5 scouts.

https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20151113/log.0.1447429723672.txt

It featured most wtf moment how could opponent misplay it. While I made several mistakes, mainly skipping jack its nothing in comparison with opponents playing style, for example turn 12:

Heino - draws Scheme, King's Court, Golem, King's Court, Bridge

---------- Heino: turn 12 ----------
Heino - plays King's Court
Heino - plays Golem
Heino - buys Bridge
Heino - buys Bridge
Heino - buys Golem
Heino - buys Platinum
Heino - buys Platinum
Heino - buys Platinum
Heino - buys King's Court
Heino - Scheme choice: Bridge
Heino - Scheme choice: Scout
Heino - Scheme choice: Scheme
Heino - Scheme choice: King's Court
Heino - Scheme choice: Scheme
Heino - draws Scheme, King's Court, Scheme, Scout, Bridge

I didn't get second kc until late and he could win by three piling remaining kc and schemes for like five turns.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:26:53 pm by luser »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 12:44:58 pm »

I don't know how I would play that kingdom.  NV-Bridge is there, but then it's also alongside KC-Scheme.  Armory and Workshop help too.  Wow.  I probably wouldn't go for JoaT though.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 04:40:27 pm »

I don't know how I would play that kingdom.  NV-Bridge is there, but then it's also alongside KC-Scheme.  Armory and Workshop help too.  Wow.  I probably wouldn't go for JoaT though.

Yeah, the winning strategy is either NV-Bridge or KC-KC-Bridge-Bridge-Bridge (probably the latter b/c it can succeed with relatively fewer bridges).

In either event, Jack is not helping you  == the trashing doesn't thin your deck. The NV deck practically doesn't care at all; the deck going for KC's would certainly rather have silver than estate but not at the expense of adding a net card (Jack) to the deck to get it, not to mention using some terminal space and an early buy on something other than bridges and villages and things that gain bridges and villages.

luser

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 06:40:50 pm »
+2

Yeah, the winning strategy is either NV-Bridge or KC-KC-Bridge-Bridge-Bridge (probably the latter b/c it can succeed with relatively fewer bridges).

In either event, Jack is not helping you  == the trashing doesn't thin your deck. The NV deck practically doesn't care at all; the deck going for KC's would certainly rather have silver than estate but not at the expense of adding a net card (Jack) to the deck to get it, not to mention using some terminal space and an early buy on something other than bridges and villages and things that gain bridges and villages.

No, that flawed logic cost me game. You couldn't hit 7 with native villages and bridges unless you empty nv mat. So you need to buy silvers or it will be too slow. With jack you get income for quick 7 and redrawing to 5 cards allows to put junk to nv mat and actually do something by redrawing with jack, with few bot games I could assemble kc-kc-bridge-bridge-bridge in 10-13 turns, with bridges only it takes more.

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2016, 02:40:34 pm »
+8

My opponent just bought Prince over Province in a money game where I've been junking him with Ambassador. I was very confused. On his very first hand in the following shuffle, he manages to collide Envoy and Prince. The rest of the game he started with 9 card hands. I lost, obviously.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 08:24:04 pm »
+4

My opponent just bought Prince over Province in a money game where I've been junking him with Ambassador. I was very confused. On his very first hand in the following shuffle, he manages to collide Envoy and Prince. The rest of the game he started with 9 card hands. I lost, obviously.
if he's way behind that might even be the correct thing to do, the only way he would really be able to win is a hail mary prince
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

luser

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 07:29:52 am »

I have another one here, kingdom is

Poor House, Philosopher's Stone, Rats, Smithy, Thief, Cartographer, Ill-Gotten Gains, Outpost, Stables, Treasury

https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160408/log.0.1460114343580.txt

My strategy is igg-philosopher stone. Opponent decides to do rats/thief strategy as with lot of luck manages to win by hitting phil-stones every time with thief.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 11:01:54 am »

I think I actually like Stables (or even Smithy) BM much more. I guess IGG is okay, but that's kind of slow. I mean, you can't ditch the Curses (unless you just love Rats), but you could be getting Golds and Stables instead. I think IGG is okay after you have like 3-4 Stables, but by then, you're trying to Province. Phil Stone just seems too out there and not worth it and even slower. There's no +buy.

Thief isn't terrible on this board, but I'd wait until later to pick it up, when you're more likely to hit his good treasures.

But Rats/Thief...?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:06:21 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

luser

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »

I think I actually like Stables (or even Smithy) BM much more. I guess IGG is okay, but that's kind of slow. I mean, you can't ditch the Curses (unless you just love Rats), but you could be getting Golds and Stables instead. I think IGG is okay after you have like 3-4 Stables, but by then, you're trying to Province. Phil Stone just seems too out there and not worth it and even slower. There's no +buy.

Thief isn't terrible on this board, but I'd wait until later to pick it up, when you're more likely to hit his good treasures.

But Rats/Thief...?

Thats false, stables versus igg isnt very good, as you will draw curses and dont have much treasures to discard, if you wait with 3 stables then you will end with 7/3 curse split

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 12:27:32 pm »

But Rats/Thief...?

Thats false, stables versus igg isnt very good, as you will draw curses and dont have much treasures to discard, if you wait with 3 stables then you will end with 7/3 curse split

I stand by my statement.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 04:12:03 pm »

IGG and Pstone looks good, but surely you want first Smithy over Silver on T4. Thief is not bad though I don't think you want it over Smithy. It probably becomes good in multiplayer, or as a desperation move to induce some variance if far behind.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.