Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Palu palu!  (Read 5219 times)

Ampharos

• Scout
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Palu palu!
« on: October 15, 2015, 08:40:34 am »
+8

Palu palu!  (Ampharosian for "hello, everyone!")

I figured I'd say hi since I finally made an account for myself after lurking for... well... forever.  You probably have the S11 league to thank for dragging me out of hiding - figured I'd give it a try.  :)

I've been playing Dominion for a few years now, slowly accumulating all the expansions and have logged many hundreds of games played with my family.  It's been a wonderful journey, from our initial "omg plz don't use Witch, it is so mean and ruins the game!", to "let's make a blood pact that we will NEVER use Saboteur in a 4 player game ever again", to my wife discovering the power of Big Money and proceeding to wipe the floor with us all, to my discovery of engines (much the the dismay of everyone else, who still do not appreciate how long my turns take).  Sometimes I feel nostalgic for the days of "why would you buy Chapel if Curses aren't in the game", but it's been a fun trip to make and I appreciate the level of strategy I'm at now and the room for growth I still have.

I've checked these forums and the wiki often for new ideas, and do a lot of reading about what you all are saying (though lately I've been learning that what is said here is often more opinion than law).  I enjoy much of the humor here, especially Donald X's (who I think is very cool for frequenting the forum).

So yes, just wanted to say hi, introduce myself, and let you know that may see me post from time to time.  Palu palu! (Ampharosian for "til later, friends!")

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
Re: Palu palu!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 01:47:21 pm »
+4

Hello, just wanted to say I think its great that a pokemon is joining the forums. Thats kind of like having a celebrity guest player on your game show. And just to warn you, someone is going to warn you about playing the forums games, but actually they are really fun and you should totally play them.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 02:28:58 pm »
+1

Just join the League. Don't do anything else.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 02:29:07 pm »

Also, hi!  ;D

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 02:30:36 pm »

Don't be led astray!

Check out the forum games!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 03:03:46 pm »

Says the guy who joined Forum survivor 3!

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 04:35:44 pm »
+1

Says the guy who joined Forum survivor 3!
Exactly, he'll be competition ^^

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »

Hello (that is English for hello)!

I am Asher, or Roadrunner. Although I recommend both the Dominion League and the Forum Games, I am not tech savvy enough to link them. I'm pretty bad at Dominion, but it's still a ton of fun to be on the forums. Welcome!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 05:16:05 pm »
+1

Hello to all!  Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hello, just wanted to say I think its great that a pokemon is joining the forums. Thats kind of like having a celebrity guest player on your game show. And just to warn you, someone is going to warn you about playing the forums games, but actually they are really fun and you should totally play them.

I had to branch out away from the Lighthouse, you know?  See some of the world and such.  I heard you have your own Lighthouse here as well, good for deterring unsavory characters such as Thieves, Pickpockets, and Goons.

I have been eyeballing the mafia games, having played forum mafia a few times.  It's so addicting though..   :o

I am Asher, or Roadrunner. Although I recommend both the Dominion League and the Forum Games, I am not tech savvy enough to link them. I'm pretty bad at Dominion, but it's still a ton of fun to be on the forums. Welcome!

It is good to be educated in foreign languages *nods*  My thanks!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 10:50:18 pm »
+1

It's not hard to do links, you just say something like "Check out the [url=http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?board=26.0]Forum Games![/url]"
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 06:31:25 am »
+3

It's not hard to do links, you just say something like "Check out the [url=http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?board=26.0]Forum Games![/url]"

If there's something you saw someone else do in a post and you want to know how to do it, just click the "quote" button above and to the right of that post. You'll get to see the BBCode behind the cool thing they did.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 01:14:15 pm »
+1

If there's something you saw someone else do in a post and you want to know how to do it, just click the "quote" button above and to the right of that post. You'll get to see the BBCode behind the cool thing they did.

That's true, I learned everything I know by quoting AdamH.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 02:11:37 pm »
+3

I wish sudgy could make me understand how he stopped "Check out the Forum Games!" from parsing, but I'm too shy to say it.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 06:26:08 pm »
+2

I wish sudgy could make me understand how he stopped "Check out the Forum Games!" from parsing, but I'm too shy to say it.

It's the same way I avoid the 8) face. 8)
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »
+5

It's the same way I avoid the 8) face. 8)

How bold of you.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 08:08:09 am »
+5

Poor Eevee never got that kind of celebrity status.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 10:08:40 am »
+2

Poor Eevee never got that kind of celebrity status.

If you want that to happen, I can arrange it. But it'll cost you your soul.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.