Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion: Clue  (Read 1984 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Dominion: Clue
« on: October 13, 2015, 05:15:59 pm »
+1

So I've been adding all the modified Campaigns stuff to the wiki, and it's interesting seeing how certain card names in the flavor text have been substituted for others, mostly because Goko's flavor text often referenced cards that weren't even in the Kingdom for the game.  So "meet your cousin in the council room" becomes "meet your cousin in the gardens" and it's just making me think of Clue in a Dominion setting.  Something like, "The Hermit killed your parents in the Throne Room with the Relic."  It just amused me.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Clue
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:44:52 pm »

Reverend Green in the libraries with a candlestickmaker killed my deck.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 06:24:14 pm »

So I've been adding all the modified Campaigns stuff to the wiki, and it's interesting seeing how certain card names in the flavor text have been substituted for others, mostly because Goko's flavor text often referenced cards that weren't even in the Kingdom for the game.  So "meet your cousin in the council room" becomes "meet your cousin in the gardens" and it's just making me think of Clue in a Dominion setting.  Something like, "The Hermit killed your parents in the Throne Room with the Relic."  It just amused me.
I don't know if those stories will survive (whether as-is or as new stories). They asked me about them at some point and I said I didn't need them.

Edit: Oh I see, they just changed them. So, probably not removing them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:12:46 pm by Donald X. »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 11:27:29 pm »

I don't know if those stories will survive (whether as-is or as new stories). They asked me about them at some point and I said I didn't need them.

Edit: Oh I see, they just changed them. So, probably not removing them.

But you helped them put together the kingdoms, right?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 02:33:51 am »

But you helped them put together the kingdoms, right?
Yes I picked out a lot but not all sets-of-10, a lot but not all of the special starting hands, and all of the special rules.

I did not however do any work on the stories.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:14:59 am »
+4

Dominion: Clue - f.ds edition!

The Mine killed your parents in the Mint with Moat?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 08:06:43 am »
+1

I expected a fan expansion, was slightly disappointed.

New starting hands: Coppers are replaced by the characters from Clue (incl. Dr Black).
New Knight-like kingdom pile with murder weapons.
Non-supply pile with room cards which trigger on buying the "location" event (top one revealed).

You guys figure out the rest. :)

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 08:43:06 am »
+1

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.