Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Base: Act 1 - Game 18  (Read 14638 times)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
Re: Base: Act 1 - Game 18
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 04:17:10 pm »

Why do people complain about campaigns? I mean, some of them are quite a challange, but that's what they are supposed to be. Comaparing to Goko campaigns MF ones are really super good. You can't finish a single act without actually understanding what's going on in the world of Dominion.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 04:20:09 pm »

Why do people complain about campaigns?
They can't all have the best storyline ever.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 04:26:14 pm »

Why do people complain about campaigns? I mean, some of them are quite a challange, but that's what they are supposed to be. Comaparing to Goko campaigns MF ones are really super good. You can't finish a single act without actually understanding what's going on in the world of Dominion.

Well I think the goal is that they should be fun, and for the most part they are. I agree that they're way better than the old ones. The Base Set levels used to be super tedious, but now they have lots more "special guest" cards and starting deck variants.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 05:50:25 pm »

The 10 Feast level is pretty fun. It's easy though, you just gain two Festivals on turns 1+2 and then win, but still a nice change of pace from the norm.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2015, 05:57:06 pm »

The 10 Feast level is pretty fun. It's easy though, you just gain two Festivals on turns 1+2 and then win, but still a nice change of pace from the norm.

See, I tried Feasting Witches first, and kept failing.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 11:03:44 am »

See also: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13708.0. Yeah, I thought that was a great level. Though I read the linked thread before playing it myself; so I dunno how quickly I would have figured out that you have to go Feast.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

wibai

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 06:41:58 pm »

I just beat this on my 2nd try after looking at the advice.  I bought witches on turns 1 and 2 and then moats on turns 3 and 4.  I then bought silver with 3 or 4, market with 5, gold on 6 or 7 and provinces with 8.  Late in the game I also bought several duchies with 5 or 6.  Those probably won me the game instead of buying gold in the late game.  Won something like 38 to 32.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.