Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2015 Edition  (Read 114466 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2015 Edition
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2015, 08:51:38 am »
+1

If you want to see a "Scout" that actually works, look no further than Cartographer.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2015, 03:41:21 pm »

Okay, I have another question. I am doing the head to head rank mode, but I have also clicked on the 'switch rank mode' button. How do you rank the cards using the list rank mode?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2015, 03:55:41 pm »

drag and drop
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2015, 03:56:56 pm »

drag and drop
Oh. Thanks. Now I feel a tad stupid, let's see how it works.

And drsteelhammer, you have given me the power to rank Scout #1 effortlessly. You have created a monster.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »
+1

Doing the duells, I feel, that I'd like to compare Silver, Gold etc. as well. Especially for the 3$-list it would be interesting to know, which cards are ranked below Silver.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2015, 06:12:51 am »

Doing the duells, I feel, that I'd like to compare Silver, Gold etc. as well. Especially for the 3$-list it would be interesting to know, which cards are ranked below Silver.

You cannot compare individual Kingdom cards to basic cards like Silver without context. You evaluate each card in a hypothetical average Kingdom and then compare with other cards in the same average Kingdom. Since Silver is in EVERY Kingdom, it influences hypothetical Kingdoms in no way.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2015, 09:03:34 am »

Maybe next time we will vote silver. Silver is a tricky card to rate though. It would be interesting though if everyone gave it a similar rank.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2015, 11:09:43 am »
+1

You cannot compare individual Kingdom cards to basic cards like Silver without context. You evaluate each card in a hypothetical average Kingdom and then compare with other cards in the same average Kingdom. Since Silver is in EVERY Kingdom, it influences hypothetical Kingdoms in no way.
I think you can see the duell as the question: "In the average Kingdom, do you want a Silver or the other card?" And I think this is a legitimate question, because it is the same question, we ask yet ("In the average Kingdom, do you want card X or card Y?".
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2015, 11:32:35 am »
+1

You said on the website that you won't use our results if we you can't find our names on Goko... is that old Goko or new Goko? And either way I'm not 100% certain I'll be found, considering I haven't played multiplayer online in a while. Can I just get some reassurance that my results are going to at least count the minimum amount regardless of this? Username is Tables on both old and new client.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2015, 11:43:09 am »
+1

You said on the website that you won't use our results if we you can't find our names on Goko... is that old Goko or new Goko? And either way I'm not 100% certain I'll be found, considering I haven't played multiplayer online in a while. Can I just get some reassurance that my results are going to at least count the minimum amount regardless of this? Username is Tables on both old and new client.

Isotropish rankings on the old client never decayed or forgot about anyone who played a game.

This sort of thing doesn't exist for making fun as they don't seem to be aware of why anyone would want a leaderboard like that.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2015, 11:51:36 am »

Oh, okay, great.

One more quick question, then. Can I still submit rankings even if I don't go all the way to the very end? I know it means a few cards might be slightly out of position, but really I think once I get far enough through that the duels are deciding where Village is in the range from 81 to 85*, it barely matters any more.

*Not implying that's where Village would end up, just an example.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2015, 03:38:33 pm »

I'm using the old Goko, since it has the most significant leaderboard and I'm using the full leaderboard where everyone is in no matter how long you haven't played.

Oh, okay, great.

One more quick question, then. Can I still submit rankings even if I don't go all the way to the very end? I know it means a few cards might be slightly out of position, but really I think once I get far enough through that the duels are deciding where Village is in the range from 81 to 85*, it barely matters any more.

*Not implying that's where Village would end up, just an example.

Sure.

iamsparticus

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2015, 10:16:12 pm »

Thanks for setting this up. A minor question, why did you decide to include the event cards in with the kingdom cards? I would personally prefer them to have separate rankings, though them having comparable cost points with kingdom cards makes sense as to why you could include them as a whole.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2015, 12:00:29 am »

I'm sad because I want to do this but I don't know if I'll have a chance to finish by the end of the month (it's a busy month and I don't have a working computer at the moment).

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2015, 03:03:01 am »
+1

Thanks for setting this up. A minor question, why did you decide to include the event cards in with the kingdom cards? I would personally prefer them to have separate rankings, though them having comparable cost points with kingdom cards makes sense as to why you could include them as a whole.

It was the general consensus to both have them included and have them separate.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2015, 06:14:55 am »

Erm, I broke the site (for myself). I clicked on the events tab after having ignored all events, and now I'm stuck on a page that just says:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getPrev() on a non-object in /kunden/418812_74740/webseiten/dommesh/class.Graph.php on line 175

Or basically, it doesn't know what to do because there's no events to get.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2015, 07:11:32 am »

Erm, I broke the site (for myself). I clicked on the events tab after having ignored all events, and now I'm stuck on a page that just says:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getPrev() on a non-object in /kunden/418812_74740/webseiten/dommesh/class.Graph.php on line 175

Or basically, it doesn't know what to do because there's no events to get.

Should be fixed. Try it again.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2015, 08:13:29 am »

A list can always be compiled thai just subtracts them. So no real reason not to vote them

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2015, 09:25:03 am »

Hi, Qvist.  I have been enjoying myself recently ranking cards; thank you for the website.  I've used the card duels to start my rankings and then massaged the remaining list manually.  I did this for each cost and then the Events and complete lists.

Recently, however, I've encountered a frustration that I don't know how to deal with.  I wanted to re-arrange a couple cards in the 5-cost list.  So, I switched to the list-based rank mode, made my change, and saved.  However, now I see several cards in the wrong position (radically wrong, in some cases).  Every time I try to remedy this with the list-based form, something else gets messed up?  I thought that the list-based rank mode would be authoritative.  What can I do to get the rankings I prefer?

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2015, 09:52:02 am »

I tried several hours to fix this, it's not easy without changing a lot of general code. Not sure how to explain it, but you apparently voted for cards under "All Kingdom Cards" and now that you reorder cards under the $5 list you created loops (e.g. you voted A>B>C where A and C are $5 cards and B is a card with a different cost, and then you vote C>D and D>A). My code solves this by deleting an old vote. The problem here is that it deletes a vote that is part of the newly submitted ordered list (in the example it deletes C>D) instead of an even older vote. As I said, I think about it a bit how to solve it, so sorry I can't offer an immediate fix. You either 1.) have to only use the duel mode, or 2.) delete all previous votes of a list and submit only the ordered list in list-based rank mode or 3.) not use the app if it's too much hassle for you and send me your vote via PM.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2015, 02:47:39 pm »
+26

Qvist,

I encountered a bug where the site asked me to rank a card against itself.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2015, 05:35:43 pm »

Enough with the Mine/Mint jokes already, you illiterate dimwits! ;)
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2015, 01:07:15 pm »
+2

Just ranked $4 cards. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to share this, but HERE I AM!!!

I sat there thinking about Throne Room vs. Ironmonger for like 4 minutes. Another few minutes for Remake vs. Jack.

I ranked Jack first. I couldn't not do it <3 <3

Sea Hag is at 35 out of 65 (I skipped Tournament obvs)
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »

Just ranked $4 cards. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to share this, but HERE I AM!!!

I sat there thinking about Throne Room vs. Ironmonger for like 4 minutes. Another few minutes for Remake vs. Jack.

I ranked Jack first. I couldn't not do it <3 <3

Sea Hag is at 35 out of 65 (I skipped Tournament obvs)
And the noble yet underused Scout?

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »
+7

Dead last. Only place it can have.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.