Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23  All

Author Topic: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0  (Read 171047 times)

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0
« Reply #450 on: January 11, 2016, 07:56:38 am »
+2

At first I wanna say thanks to SCSN and everyone else involved. Great work and a very nice improvenment to the already well functioning MF thing.

One thing I noticed in some youtube video (which might already fixed): During a Possession turn the log said something along those lines:

Player 1 [pos]
1 - plays cards xyz
1 - plays his money
2 - buys & gains Province

In this case the "buy" and "gain" should not be merged. It's a minor thing but as this mod is obiviously striving after perfection it's still a thing.  ;)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:17 am »

Unless I'm missing something, an autoplay for Counting house (take all copper) would be nice to have, since you want to do that virtually all the time.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 11, 2016, 09:02:58 am »
+1

Unless I'm missing something, an autoplay for Counting house (take all copper) would be nice to have, since you want to do that virtually all the time.

After your post Philosopher's Stone feels even more insecure and sobs silently in its dark corner.

kn1tt3r

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:04 am »
+5

After your post Philosopher's Stone feels even more insecure and sobs silently in its dark corner.

Must be one hell of a board where you have to figure out, after going for both Counting House AND Philosopher's Stone, whether it's worth playing CH with a PS in hand...

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2016, 10:07:26 am »

COunting house traveling fair gone wrong top decking p-stones instead of counting houses?

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2016, 10:12:08 am »

Must be one hell of a board where you have to figure out, after going for both Counting House AND Philosopher's Stone, whether it's worth playing CH with a PS in hand...

Make that two philosopher stones, since with only one ps taking all the coppers is essentially always the best choice (1c/card vs 0.2c/card) (somebody will edgecase this). If you have at least 2 PS in hand, and taking the last copper would drop your total card count to the lower tier, then you should leave some copper.

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2016, 11:16:30 am »

I just tried to install the mod for Mac, and when I finished the installation and started it up, I just get a connecting dialog that never goes away.  Is anyone else having this problem?

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2016, 11:28:54 am »
+3

I just tried to install the mod for Mac, and when I finished the installation and started it up, I just get a connecting dialog that never goes away.  Is anyone else having this problem?
I had this once for the windows version when I only installed the Assembly-CSharp.dll and missed installing the MMF.dll.
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2016, 11:31:23 am »

I had this once for the windows version when I only installed the Assembly-CSharp.dll and missed installing the MMF.dll.

That's exactly what I did! Thanks!

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 11, 2016, 05:34:37 pm »
+4

Player 1 [pos]
1 - plays cards xyz
1 - plays his money
2 - buys & gains Province

In this case the "buy" and "gain" should not be merged. It's a minor thing but as this mod is obiviously striving after perfection it's still a thing.  ;)

Fixed.

• Auto-skip unnecessary cleanup decisions when the game is over.
I think it's not yet skipping the decision for Stash.

Fixed (thanks to Mic and assemble_me for helping out), and added Stash autoplay (put them on top).

Done.

MdLC has also been doing some great work recently, so there's more to come!

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 11, 2016, 08:05:33 pm »
+2

Great!

Another autoplay suggestion: don't trash to opponent Bishop (default off).

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2016, 03:11:12 am »

Make that two philosopher stones, since with only one ps taking all the coppers is essentially always the best choice (1c/card vs 0.2c/card) (somebody will edgecase this). If you have at least 2 PS in hand, and taking the last copper would drop your total card count to the lower tier, then you should leave some copper.

At your service: Grand Market :)

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 13, 2016, 03:59:18 am »
+2

Great!

Another autoplay suggestion: don't trash to opponent Bishop (default off).

Added.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 13, 2016, 11:56:13 am »

At your service: Grand Market :)

Why would you ever go for Counting House if there is Grand Market on the board? Okay there might be some weird games but even then you can savely take all Coppers in hand as they don't curtail your ability to buy GMs as long as you keep them in hand.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2016, 08:57:22 pm »
+3

Two remarks about the overpay UI:

* The "Done overpaying" button has a bigger hitbox than the size of the button. So if you click just below the button, it will still recognize it as a click on the button. This makes it very easy to misclick this button when you want to drag the slider, since their hitboxes almost overlap (my game resolution is 1600x900, if that matters). Could you move the slider down a bit (or make the hitbox for "Done Overpaying" smaller)?
* There is a minor UI bug. The following steps reproduce it:
- play a kingdom with Stonemason a unique action card at some price. Say Ironmonger is the only card costing $4.
- Be in the buy phase with exactly $6 and 1 buy.
- Buy Stonemason, drag overpay slider to 4, and click overpay.
- You will now correctly gain 2 Ironmongers, but the "Overpay 1" and "Done Overpaying" buttons will stay on screen during your opponent's turn (the MMF overpay interface disappears).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:59:56 pm by florrat »

iamsparticus

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 18, 2016, 06:05:47 pm »
+1

A new version is out and I stupidly updated without checking for a MMF update. Any idea when it will be available?

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2016, 06:18:22 pm »
+14

MAKiNG MORE FUN 0.47.11a
Windows | Mac | Linux

New Features
  • Compatibility with Dominion Online 2.0.47.11.
  • A config.ini file in the MMF directory that lets you set your autoplay defaults and add a custom resolution to the client's resolution list.
  • Autoplay for Bishop, Counting House and Stash.
  • Stash clean-up automation.
Improvements
  • Improved handling of layout rescaling.
  • Reset camera size at game end.
  • Focus the chat window in the end game screen.
  • Don't group buys and gains during a Possession turn.

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2016, 10:14:25 pm »

Oh yea, how about autoplay for Explorer?

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2016, 10:20:36 pm »
+4

Oh yea, how about autoplay for Explorer?
They can't all be the best autoplay ever...
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

kn1tt3r

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2016, 03:13:37 am »
+1

Yesterday MMF crashed when it tried to Autoplay Secret Chamber as a Bane card to Young Witch (I didn't reveal SC for the reaction effect when YW was played). The client showed a whole window of code (it was still in a clean MF popup window, but full of javascript (or whatever) code) and I couldn't do anything anymore.
Sorry, only after closing the client I realized I should have made a screenshot.

Edit: It was before yesterday's update.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:16:51 am by kn1tt3r »

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2016, 07:04:45 am »
+1

Yesterday MMF crashed when it tried to Autoplay Secret Chamber as a Bane card to Young Witch (I didn't reveal SC for the reaction effect when YW was played). The client showed a whole window of code (it was still in a clean MF popup window, but full of javascript (or whatever) code) and I couldn't do anything anymore.
Sorry, only after closing the client I realized I should have made a screenshot.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this, and searching for kn1tt3r on gokosalvager.com for kingdoms that contain both Young Witch and Secret Chamber doesn't give any results. Do you have the log somewhere, or if not perhaps remember some other specifics about the kingdom and in particular the turn you experienced the crash on?

kn1tt3r

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:09 am »

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this, and searching for kn1tt3r on gokosalvager.com for kingdoms that contain both Young Witch and Secret Chamber doesn't give any results. Do you have the log somewhere, or if not perhaps remember some other specifics about the kingdom and in particular the turn you experienced the crash on?

Yeah, I don't find it either. Probably the log was not saved due to the crash or me just quitting and closing the client.

The kingdom had Crossroads, Hamlet, Secret Chamber, Young Witch, Torturer (I think) and some other things of no consequence (e.g. no trashing).

If I remember correctly I did not reveal Secret Chamber as a reaction before the autoplay crash happened, which probably means (and I don't remember this, it's just putting the pieces together) that this was her second Young Witch played that turn and I have revealed SC the first time (with autoplay working).
So maybe this has something to do with revealing or not revealing SC as an action card before using it as Bane?

MdLC

• Scout
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2016, 11:16:28 am »
+5

Yesterday MMF crashed when it tried to Autoplay Secret Chamber as a Bane card to Young Witch (I didn't reveal SC for the reaction effect when YW was played). [...]

Yeah, I don't find it either. Probably the log was not saved due to the crash or me just quitting and closing the client.

The kingdom had Crossroads, Hamlet, Secret Chamber, Young Witch, Torturer (I think) and some other things of no consequence (e.g. no trashing).

If I remember correctly I did not reveal Secret Chamber as a reaction before the autoplay crash happened, which probably means (and I don't remember this, it's just putting the pieces together) that this was her second Young Witch played that turn and I have revealed SC the first time (with autoplay working).
So maybe this has something to do with revealing or not revealing SC as an action card before using it as Bane?

It looks like this is the log. I had to tell gokosalvager to allow quits in the search results.

kn1tt3r

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2016, 11:31:42 am »

Yesterday MMF crashed when it tried to Autoplay Secret Chamber as a Bane card to Young Witch (I didn't reveal SC for the reaction effect when YW was played). [...]

It looks like this is the log. I had to tell gokosalvager to allow quits in the search results.

That's the game. Thanks!

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2016, 04:22:28 pm »

Installation Instructions

1. Download the mod: Windows | Mac | Linux

2. Under Windows, extract the downloaded .rar file to your "Program Files (x86)\Dominion\Dominion_Data\Managed" folder (or wherever you installed Dominion). If your file manager doesn't let you do this, restart it with admin privileges. For installation under OS X, consult the included text file or read this post. No special instructions apply for Linux, just get the MMF files into your Dominion_Data\Managed folder.

3. Enjoy!

If you want to back-up the old file first, rename Assembly-CSharp.dll to something of your liking prior to extracting.

Having problems installing. If I extract it to the "Program Files (x86)\Dominion\Dominion_Data\Managed" folder, then when I open Making Fun it should run automatically right?

Coz I've got the files extracted to there, but Making Fun still looks as crap as ever for me.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.