Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23  All

Author Topic: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0  (Read 171683 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0
« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2015, 10:12:24 am »

It isn't a major problem a majority of the time. SCSN says he has it set to switch to the new UI once you have 10 uniques in hand, which certainly isn't going to happen in a huge percentage of games.

However, when it is a problem, it is super annoying.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 22, 2015, 02:39:41 pm »
+8

And for the people wondering: I currently have it set to switch to the new system once you have 10 or more uniques in hand and to switch back once you have 6 or less (to prevent endlessly flipping back-and-forth around the threshold).

This is the stuff that makes me the happiest about the mod: Thoughtful implementation even before the product is released. Really great work, I wish MF had the same philosophy.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

XD9

• Steward
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 22, 2015, 11:51:20 pm »
+2

Hello folks.  Big thanks to SheCantSayNo for putting together this app.  I am having a more enjoyable time playing Dominion with the app installed.  Great work and thanks again.
XD9

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 24, 2015, 07:57:03 am »
+4

Hey, the drag options for coin tokens are really great! Any chance of similarly changing overpay? My masterpiece-buying ass would love you so much for it.

Edit: Also Butcher.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:20:32 am by tailred »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 25, 2015, 04:33:37 am »
+2

Hey, the drag options for coin tokens are really great! Any chance of similarly changing overpay? My masterpiece-buying ass would love you so much for it.

Edit: Also Butcher.

Good suggestion. I just finished implementing it and will include it in the next release.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 25, 2015, 12:38:15 pm »
+2

Minor feature request that isn't super important - When the game is over and you're in the lead, an option to skip all of the decisions that you make after that point would be cool. I.e., not having to tell Scheme what cards I want to top deck on my last turn, etc. It might be difficult to work out all the logic for this so I wouldn't make it a priority, just something I thought I would mention.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 27, 2015, 03:12:22 pm »
+7

Minor feature request that isn't super important - When the game is over and you're in the lead, an option to skip all of the decisions that you make after that point would be cool. I.e., not having to tell Scheme what cards I want to top deck on my last turn, etc. It might be difficult to work out all the logic for this so I wouldn't make it a priority, just something I thought I would mention.

I've added this. It's on unless Hermit is in play, which you may want to put back with Scheme to prevent it from getting trashed.

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 27, 2015, 10:29:49 pm »
+2

And for the people wondering: I currently have it set to switch to the new system once you have 10 or more uniques in hand and to switch back once you have 6 or less (to prevent endlessly flipping back-and-forth around the threshold).

Don't know if it is possible to make this customizable or not, but there are already some difficulties reading on my laptop screen at 7 uniques.  I would actually just prefer to have your version always on because I don't really see any advantage to seeing the fanned out version. Only thing I can think of is that I may forget which knight is which so I'd want to see the text on the card and it is impossible to see that from the board.

Looking forward to the next release.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 28, 2015, 06:39:00 am »
+7

Don't know if it is possible to make this customizable or not, but there are already some difficulties reading on my laptop screen at 7 uniques.  I would actually just prefer to have your version always on because I don't really see any advantage to seeing the fanned out version.

I've added the option to always use the alternative layout. If there's demand for it I'll enable manually setting the threshold via the config file once that thing is ready.

Looking forward to the next release.

MF said 2.0.47 is planned for the 30th. If they make that date I'll be releasing 0.47a shortly afterwards; if they don't, 0.46.3b will be released on the 31th.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2015, 02:53:45 am »
+7

Suggestion: Autoplay options for how you play should not be active also for how you command someone else to play (during Possessed turns, that is).

I just played a game with Alchemists and Possession where I had to turn off topdecking Alchemists. Without looking through the list of options I imagine there are other cases where you don't want to force other people to play the way you prefer to play yourself, so I think the simplest would be to just that make a general rule that such autoplay rules only are for you you actually play, not how you dictate.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 29, 2015, 10:31:30 am »
+5

Suggestion: Autoplay options for how you play should not be active also for how you command someone else to play (during Possessed turns, that is).

I just played a game with Alchemists and Possession where I had to turn off topdecking Alchemists. Without looking through the list of options I imagine there are other cases where you don't want to force other people to play the way you prefer to play yourself, so I think the simplest would be to just that make a general rule that such autoplay rules only are for you you actually play, not how you dictate.

I've made it so that, when enabled, autoplay for Alchemist and Treasury simply won't do anything during a Possession turn, and autoplay for Mining Village and Tournament will do the reverse (always trash and never reveal Province, respectively).

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 31, 2015, 04:38:09 am »
+20

MAKiNG MORE FUN 0.46.3b
Windows | Mac | Linux

MMF wishes you all a more fun 2016, towards which today's release will be our first contribution.

New Features
  • Slider input for overpay and Butcher coin token use.
  • Auto-skip unnecessary cleanup decisions when the game is over.
  • Option to make the background turn red when you have to act during your opponent's turn (default off).
  • Trader autoplay: reveal to Coppers, Curses and Ruins (default on).
  • Plaza autoplay: don't discard treasure, making the card Blitz-proof (default off).
  • The ability to see your cards:

New Blitz Features
  • Countdown Timer: players choose between having 3, 10 or 20 seconds to think prior to the start of a Blitz game.
  • Scout gives you a 15 second time bonus whenever you play it.
  • Scrolling upwards with your mousewheel will play all treasures.
  • Autoplay buttons: when your opponent plays a Bishop/Governor/Vault, you can chose to not Trash/Remodel/Discard before he has made his own decision(s), thus saving you valuable time.
Blitz Improvements
  • The local opponent's stopwatch has been retired in favor of him sending an invisible sync message whenever it's time to update the displayed counter. This ensures the timer is always accurate.
  • Possession now works correctly.
  • Hide the challenge-response messages.
Bug Fixes & General Improvements
  • During a Possession turn, autoplay for Alchemist, Walled Village and Treasury won't do anything, whereas autoplay for Mining Village and Tournament will do the reverse (always trash and never reveal Province, respectively).
  • The game will always start with the sidelog enabled to avoid weird layout shenanigans that would otherwise occur.
  • Prevented an exception that would be thrown when playing Moneylender while having Market Square and just one Copper in hand.
  • Royal Seal's trash ability has been disabled, to everyone's dismay.
  • Autoplay menu will close after Turn 1 if it has been open from the beginning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:06:53 am by SheCantSayNo »

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 31, 2015, 07:14:58 am »

Thank you guys a lot for the constant commitment in this project. I was just wondering about this one point: Can you still manually put Alchemist, Walled Village and Treasury on top of your opponent's deck in case you have two or more consecutive Possession turns?

Happy new year's eve tonight, everybody!
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 31, 2015, 07:40:29 am »

Yes, autoplay not doing anything means you're free to do whatever you like.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 31, 2015, 01:59:14 pm »
+2

New Blitz Features
Scout finally gets the boost it so desperately needed! Does this change mean that 1 Scout is frequently a key card for engines when playing with 120-180 second time settings?

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 31, 2015, 02:38:27 pm »

New Blitz Features
[/list]

Scout finally gets the boost it so desperately needed! Does this change mean that 1 Scout is frequently a key card for engines when playing with 120-180 second time settings?

After a couple of sessions I think that many engines can be played at 180 sec, I even successfully executed one at 120, but not always. But it's possible, you just need to hurry. It's not true for all engines. Some cards are pretty slow to resolve.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 02:41:30 pm by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2016, 02:51:47 pm »

Feature request: any way to show a running cost sum for Forge? I know I should math better but especially with cost reduction it's tricky. I mean, MF keeps track of coins, actions, and buys, so this shouldn't really be cheating. I'd also like to undo trashing cards with Forge in case you accidentally go over your intended cost.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2016, 03:02:08 pm »

With On-trash as a card function, I don't think there will ever be an "Undo" available.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

mameluke

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 09, 2016, 03:17:07 pm »

Does on-trash trigger before you trash all of the cards in Chapel, Steward, and Forge? I thought not.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 09, 2016, 08:07:40 pm »
+6

Does on-trash trigger before you trash all of the cards in Chapel, Steward, and Forge? I thought not.

It should not.  Yet another reason why you should select all the cards you want to trash, being able to deselect them, then click a "trash these mofos I've selected over here" button, and THEN trash them.  Unless it's Remake, then trash them one at a time like the directions say.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2016, 09:43:32 pm »
+2

I haven't played Dominion much lately, so I only installed this mod today. But I must say, it is amazing! Every individual feature of MMF is minor, but all those extra conveniences add up, and the resulting experience is much better.

I was a bit worried that autoplay would be confusing, and would do things I didn't want before I started using it. But the little button is very clear and autoplay (and multi-coin token payment) is very nice!

I think it's not yet skipping the decision for Stash.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:45:21 pm by florrat »

mameluke

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 09, 2016, 09:58:29 pm »

It should not.  Yet another reason why you should select all the cards you want to trash, being able to deselect them, then click a "trash these mofos I've selected over here" button, and THEN trash them.  Unless it's Remake, then trash them one at a time like the directions say.

Exactly. Thanks, yes this is exactly what I would want. I don't know if it's a feature MMF can implement, though. At the very least, as you select (or deselect) each card to trash, giving a running total of how many coins your Forged card would cost would be awesome.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2016, 10:00:02 pm »
+1

I also just installed this today and I appreciate the work put into it. (Now if only it were possible to make a mod that fixes the overheating problem...)
The only additional feature I would ask for is to be able to exclude individual cards in casual mode.

moktak

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 10, 2016, 11:33:36 am »
+1

Just want to say: Thank you for the great work!
The mod works like a charm, easy to get used to it, blends in the game well.
These cool features makes the game so much better, it almost breaks the laws of thermodynamics! :)

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 10, 2016, 03:58:58 pm »

I think it's not yet skipping the decision for Stash.

This is my way of punishing you for owning Stash.

Though kind and forgiving as I am, if anyone who owns the card is willing to play a game with it against me within 1.5 hours from now, I'll see what I can do.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.