Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23  All

Author Topic: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0  (Read 171043 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0 (Windows)
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2015, 08:49:46 am »
+5

What other useful auto-play scenarios are there other than the three I mentioned? I'm talking about auto-play for trivial logistics only; I'm not going to include stuff that auto-builds you a game-winning engine (pretending for a second that I could).

Automatically taking a curse from Torturer (for when curses are empty), automatically putting all Alchemsists/Treasuries back on your deck, automatically revealing Horse Traders, auto-trashing incoming curses with Watchtower/turning them to Silver with Trader are some I could think of.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2015, 10:23:41 am »

I'm talking about auto-play for trivial logistics only; I'm not going to include stuff that auto-builds you a game-winning engine (pretending for a second that I could).
So not engine, but #AutoBMSmithy yes?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:24:57 am by yed »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2015, 10:36:01 am »

Automatically taking a curse from Torturer (for when curses are empty), automatically putting all Alchemsists/Treasuries back on your deck, automatically revealing Horse Traders, auto-trashing incoming curses with Watchtower/turning them to Silver with Trader are some I could think of.

Cool. I'll get to all of these except for the Watchtower/Trader thing, as they rarely are things you have to do a lot of during a game.

Sure, I'd be happy to give you #AutoResign with some sort of movie.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2015, 10:36:20 am »

I'm talking about auto-play for trivial logistics only; I'm not going to include stuff that auto-builds you a game-winning engine (pretending for a second that I could).

I was thinking #rebuild would be nice for playing Rebuild boards.  ;D

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2015, 11:24:14 am »
+1

What other useful auto-play scenarios are there other than the three I mentioned? I'm talking about auto-play for trivial logistics only; I'm not going to include stuff that auto-builds you a game-winning engine (pretending for a second that I could).

If Wandering Minstrel reveals only the same action, then if it's 2-3 copies of that action auto-put them back on top in "any" order.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2015, 12:44:26 pm »
+7

Spy / Scrying Pool: IRL it is common to say "just keep that for the rest of the turn." Dunno if that's worth the typing.

Tournament: Always reveal Province to their Tournament.

Walled Village: Always on top.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2015, 01:51:25 pm »
+1

If Wandering Minstrel reveals only the same action, then if it's 2-3 copies of that action auto-put them back on top in "any" order.

Ah yes, there's a lot of this nonsense where you have to decide between multiple cards that are all exactly the same. Also Mystic/WW guessing or Doctor naming when the deck is empty, maybe Chancellor/Scavenger option to discard when the draw pile is empty (not sure if they ask you, but it would be consistent, so they probably don't).

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2015, 01:57:42 pm »
+5

Spy / Scrying Pool: IRL it is common to say "just keep that for the rest of the turn." Dunno if that's worth the typing.

Walled Village: Always on top.
You could have a #smartspy: once I choose to have you keep a card, always keep it for this turn.
No idea about how hard that would be to implement.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2015, 01:59:19 pm »
+2

Has Moneylender auto-trashing already been handled?

I'd second the notion that Watchtower would be nice, and not just for Curses. There are certain Goons setups where I'd prefer being able to toggle on auto-trashing and then toggle it off rather than go through the carpal tunnel-inducing full-screen drag-to-trash motions.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2015, 02:37:04 pm »
+3

Has Moneylender auto-trashing already been handled?

I'd second the notion that Watchtower would be nice, and not just for Curses. There are certain Goons setups where I'd prefer being able to toggle on auto-trashing and then toggle it off rather than go through the carpal tunnel-inducing full-screen drag-to-trash motions.

Ok, two votes is enough for me to reconsider. I can see something like #wt that auto-trashes incoming Curses, Ruins, Coppers and Rats, and #wts that also trashes Silvers and Spoils. The Moneylender thing is included with "a lot of this nonsense where you have to decide between multiple cards that are all exactly the same."

You could have a #smartspy: once I choose to have you keep a card, always keep it for this turn.
No idea about how hard that would be to implement.

The non-trivial part is reverse-engineering the basic functionality that would allow me to implement any of this and then gaining a sufficient amount of control over it to be able to do with it what I want. Once I've that down anything else is just a matter of putting in the hours. I'm not even 100% sure that I'm going to succeed here, but I've seen and done enough to make me confident that I will.

Another thing: I'm considering replacing the "Starting Cards: {Estates, Shelters}" with "Starting Cards: {Estates, Shelters} (, Colonies) (, Baker)", except that the "Starting Cards" wording wouldn't make a whole lot of sense anymore and I can't immediately think of anything better. I was thinking of "Relevant Cards" or "Key Cards" or something but that would sound really silly in a Colony game with Worker's Village, Watchtower and Goons, so suggestions are welcome.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2015, 02:38:47 pm »
+7

Just call it "Setup"

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »

Yes, that's great.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2015, 04:06:39 pm »

Hey everyone! The Graverobber Plug-in is alive, kicking, and 100% ready (for you to find all the bugs and report them to me)

I started a separate thread for the plug-in here so we don't spam this one with any bug reports related to stupid things I did.

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2015, 09:20:57 pm »

The lightblue text is generated by MMF.

thespaceinvader

• Minion
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2015, 03:57:02 am »
+1

Treasury always on top.
Alchemist always on top.
Herbalist always topdeck highest calue treasure/never topdeck treasure.
Tunnel always reveal for gold.  Can be very useful sometimes when you're playing a deck designed to flip multiple tunnels per round.

Maybe Oracle don't care about topdeck order when returning cards from my Oracle?  That's one that always bugest me when I play the card in some implementations - I don't care which order I return the cards from my Oracle when I'm immediately going to draw them anyway.  Not sure how MF currently handles this one though.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2015, 05:32:07 am »

Treasury always on top.
Alchemist always on top.
Herbalist always topdeck highest calue treasure/never topdeck treasure.

But that is not a super good idea, right?

Treasuries and Alchemists might not be wanted at top because of presence of discard attacks, or Scrying Pool.
You might want to topdeck, say, Potion with Herbalist, but in some cases you definitely not, and it is not infrequent when you want it one way on turn X and the other way on turn Y during a single game.

thespaceinvader

• Minion
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2015, 05:41:27 am »

Treasuries, if I buy them at all, I almost always want to topdeck, and I would certainly expect there to be a lot more cases where I'd want to topdeck all of them than when I wouldn't.

Same with Alchemists., though you tend to accumulate more and topdeck more than you do with Treasuries.

And on the occasions you DON'T want to topdeck (e.g. Minion games, maybe), you don't have to use the setting.

Herbalists was a bit more of any iffy case, but I certainly play a lot of games with it where what I want is the +buy and I don't want to gum my engine by putting anything that's not an action in my next hand  Again, I can think of enough cases where I would want to set it one way and leave it that way that I'd want the setting.  Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it ;).

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2015, 05:46:16 am »
+2

Not a big fan of the Herbalist suggestion, but if at some point I have implemented everything I ever wanted and am devoid of further ideas I don't see any harm in including it as option.

As for the points about Alchemist and Treasury: there will be two categories of automated game-play. One that's always on whenever you're using the mod—and this includes things like not having to chose the copper you trash with Moneylender, not having to manually put back the cards with Oracle you're about to draw and not having to guess when your deck+discard are empty with Mystic—and another category that consists of options that are toggleable, options you can turn on or off at will.

Alchemist and Treasury will obviously be included in the latter category. For these speficic cards the default will probably be that you put them back, but I'll let you customize your defaults through some sort of config file or, hopefully, a pop-up window (though right now the client hangs when I try to launch as much as a simple messagebox due to Unity's shitty support of Winforms).

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2015, 01:55:38 pm »

Hey, so what's with the specific title / capitalization of this? Why capitalize everything but the "i"?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 09, 2015, 01:57:45 pm »
+1

Do you mean just after you've revealed a Province to a first Tournament, or actually always? Because I think there's enough edge cases where you don't want to reveal Province; basically if you'd rather them have their Prize in hand now instead of next turn.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 09, 2015, 03:15:56 pm »

So for my grad-level software class, I'm going to be doing a presentation on reverse engineering.  SCSN - might I ask what tools you're using to decompile code?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

xyz123

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +511
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 09, 2015, 03:22:24 pm »

Do you mean just after you've revealed a Province to a first Tournament, or actually always? Because I think there's enough edge cases where you don't want to reveal Province; basically if you'd rather them have their Prize in hand now instead of next turn.

Aren't there also plausible edge cases for other scenarios mentioned? For example, you may want to discard to Torturer when curses are out to gain a Gold from Tunnel, to remove a duplicate from your hand to activate Menagerie, etc.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2015, 03:29:26 pm »
+3

Aren't there also plausible edge cases for other scenarios mentioned? For example, you may want to discard to Torturer when curses are out to gain a Gold from Tunnel, to remove a duplicate from your hand to activate Menagerie, etc.

In these cases, you wouldn't toggle the feature on. Im assuming the intent is that these won't be on by default unless they are truly unimportant (choosing a Copper to trash with Moneylender will literally never matter)
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2015, 04:24:10 pm »
+1

In these cases, you wouldn't toggle the feature on. Im assuming the intent is that these won't be on by default unless they are truly unimportant (choosing a Copper to trash with Moneylender will literally never matter)

Except when the auto trash feature trashes my favorite Copper :'(.  copper.5 was special to me.

#EveryCopperIsSpecial

SCSN

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: MAKiNG MORE FUN: Mod for Dominion Online 2.0 (Win/Mac)
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2015, 04:36:33 pm »
+2

Releasing MAKiNG MORE FUN 0.44.2c for Mac. Big thanks to MdLC for the port, testing and suggestions for better cross-platform compatibility. This version is equivalent to 0.44.2c for Windows but includes a fix for a bug that incorrectly combined the buys and gains log lines for various cards (Haggler, Hoard, an Embargoed pile, etc.). This bugfix will be in 0.44.2d for Windows but eager users can download the Mac release and just copy MMF.dll (make sure to leave Assembly-CSharp.dll alone).

Included also is a textfile containing the following install instructions, courtesy again of MdLC:

Code: [Select]
Installation via GUI:
1. In a new Finder window, navigate to your Applications folder
2. Right-click on Dominion 2.0.44.2.app and select “Show Package Contents”
3. Navigate to down Contents/Resources/Data/Managed
4. Rename Assembly-CSharp.dll to Assembly-CSharp-original.dll
   (this will require a password for admin privileges)
5. Copy the Assembly-CSharp.dll and MMF.dll from this folder into the Managed folder
   (this will again require a password for admin privileges)

Installation via Terminal from this folder:
$ sudo cp -a /Applications/Dominion\ 2.0.44.2.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll /Applications/Dominion\ 2.0.44.2.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-original.dll
$ sudo cp Assembly-CSharp.dll MMF.dll /Applications/Dominion\ 2.0.44.2.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/

A Linux version is being looked at, but the 2.0.44.2 release is prohibitively unstable, so that might take a while.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.