Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61  All

Author Topic: RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 138144 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia (Game Over)
« on: October 02, 2015, 07:58:26 pm »

RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia

Mods: yuma

This is a Role Madness Mafia game that will have 14 players. See below for more setup details

Players:
1. WW
2. silverspawn Killed Night1; Tracking Compulsive Lover
3. faust
4. hydrad
5. gkeirg Lynched Day1; Mafia Voyeuristic Self Watcher
6. Ampharos Killed Night3; Bodyguarding Even-Night Doctor
7. 2.7 Killed Night1; Compulsive Investigative Lover
8. chairs Xerxes
9. PPS Lynched Day3; Copping, Even-Night Bulletproof Serial Killer
10. Roadrunner
11. EgorK
12. iguanaiguana
13. Jimmmmm Killed Night3; 1-shot Paranoid Gun Owning Innocent Child
14. ash Lynched Day2; Delayed Ninja Jailkeeper

tagged: Xerxes, EFHW, scotty

f.ds Mafia Ruleset

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game. If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable, check with the mod if you need clarifications.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines. Some roles may require earlier submission so pay attention to PMs). If the mod does not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In some cases the mod will be forced to choose a random player for a night action if one is not submitted in time. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used. Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members. See rule 7 under miscellaneous below if you anticipate being VLA while having a PR.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage), unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase, unless your Action is compulsory.
6. As a general rule you should aim for more than one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. Please treat this game as a commitment. If you can't commit to this game because of outside activities/responsibilities, other forum games or other contributing factors please do not sign up or /out before the start of the game.

7. All players will be required to check-in with the mod via a PM during the night even if not submitting a night action. Day will not start until all players have checked in. Players who have not checked in may be subjected to replacement or to being modkilled unless there has been a previous stated VLA.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4a. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames or misspellings will be counted so long as they are unambiguous. Mistakes to the syntax will not be counted, however.
4b. Please try to place votes on a separate line from other text and to the left of the page whenever possible. This is not mandatory but will help the mod count votes easier.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics, except for twilight. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others. If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

9. This game will have 6 day deadlines (Saturday and Sunday count as 1 day) and 2 days nights.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, brown text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game. In the event of an incorrect vote count the mod has the right to revert the game state back to the state before the erroneous vote count. This means that any votes cast in the meantime will become void. Any time that was lost during this even will be added back onto for deadlines. Please note that if a mistake is not caught before a flip, the erroneous vote count will become binding.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 24 hours of no activity (VLA posts in the official VLA thread negate automatic prods). A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, or beyond.
7. Players can be replaced during Day1 by anyone. Until Day2 players may be replaced by those in the speccy. After Night3 there will be no replacements. Any inactivity or /outs will be modkilled or dealt with by the mod.
8. If a modkill takes place during the day the following will happen: if the player killed is not-town aligned the day will immediately enter into night. If the player is town the day will continue.
9. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. If you have a Power Role and go on VLA for longer than 2 days (the time period of a Night) please submit a temporary Night Action before leaving on VLA. This will be a placeholder action in the event that you will be absent during the night. Failure to submit an action before leaving will result in a "no action" that night.
10. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread. A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique. (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:17:03 am by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 28: Simply Simpler Simple Mafia (Sign Ups Now Open)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:58:48 pm »

This is a "Simple" Role Madness Game

Each player will receive a role from the list below. Each players' role will be modified by two role modifiers listed below. Some roles generally thought of as roles can or will be used as modifiers. Some modifiers that are generally thought of as modifiers can or will be used as roles. (Example: Doctoring can be used as a role modifier.)

Mechanics:
- 14 Players
- Daystart
- There will be no flavor and no flavor names. I am never able to keep up with both modding duties and flavor writing, so let's just skip the flavor. It was going to be Anathema themed, but I ended up dropping that really early in the setup development process.
- Roles/modifiers were not randomized in any way. This is not a variant of Greater Idea Mafia.
- The setup was "intelligently" designed and balance was the goal but it is certainly not guaranteed. Remember this  is a Role Madness Game, albeit it a "simple one."
- All roles are standardized to the best of my abilities to what is listed in mafiascum. Some minor changes have been made to some roles and in some cases where there were multiple possibilities the mod used his own discretion.  Some roles may be considered "invented." Such roles were designed around basic mafiascum principles. All roles can be queried about after a player's death to learn more about them. See below for more details.
- The mod is only available to answer questions about an individual's role and cannot answer questions about other players' roles or hypothetical roles except to point to mafiascum (as a general reference not a hard rule book) and to the night action resolution, except in the case of players who have already died. See below for more details.
- The mod can answer questions in abstract terms about types of roles in a very general sense. Please don't get frustrated with the mod if he can't answer a specific question that you have. The mod will do the best to the mod's ability to be fair and accurate to all questions regardless of alignment.
- Because there is no flavor there will be no "kill flavor" therefore any night kills will be indistinguishable from each other.
- After a player dies and flips other surviving players may PM the mod to learn an abridged description of the dead player's role. This information may not be directly quoted in the game and will not include any specific actions or results that the dead player used or obtained. The mod has pre-created a canned response for such queries for each individual role that will be used to answer these PMs.
- Town players received their role in green.

Roles Possible in the Game

1-shot
Absorber, Alien, Arsonist, Ascetic
Babysitter, Backup, Beloved Princess, Bodyguard, Bomb, Bulletproof, Bus Driver
Commuter, Compassionate, Compulsive, Cop
Day, Day-X, Delayed, Deflector, Deputy, Desperado, Despondent, Detective, Doc, Doomed
Enabler, Even Number
Faith Healer, Firefighter, Follower, Friendly, Fruit Vendor
Gladiator, Godfather, Governor, Gunsmith
Hated, Harrowing, Heroic, Hider
Innocent Child, Inspired, Investigative, Investigation Immune
Jailor, Janitor, JK, Joat (of any combinations), Juvenile
Lighting Rod, Loud, Loved, Lover, Loyal
Mailman, Mason, Mentee, Mentor, Miller, Motion Detector
Neighbor, Night-X, Ninja, Novice, Nurse
Odd Number
Paranoid Gun Owning, Poisoner, Prime Number, Psychiatrist, Psychologist
Redirector, Reflexive, Roleblocker, Rolecop, Rolestopper
Seer, Self, Semi, Serial Killer, Seraph Knight, Side Kick, Simple, Strongman, Strong-willed, Suicidal, Survivor
Tracker, Traitor, Triggerer
Universal
Vengeful, Vigilante, Virgin, Voyeur
Warden, Watcher, Weak, Werewolves
x-day, x-shot

Order of Operations:

Roles were placed into the following groups. Players can ask the mod specifically about their own role but not about where other roles would fit into the ordering.

Replicate
Leave
Bus
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Inspect

Win Conditions:

- See individual PMs for specifics on Win Conditions.
- In the event of a standstill, non-town aligned factions will be forced to act.
- in the event of a standstill that can't be broken the mod will determine the winner from a pre-established set of criteria that will not be made public. (Think how boxing wins are rewarded when no KO occurs). This will only be used as an absolute last resort under extreme situations.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:31:44 am by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 08:01:32 pm »

I also totally promise, pinky swear promise, cross my heart, stab a thousand needles in my eye sort of promise, that I will not leave this game in a complete and totally lurch like last time. I promise to never be that sort of jerk again!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 08:07:09 pm »

I also totally promise, pinky swear promise, cross my heart, stab a thousand needles in my eye sort of promise, that I will not leave this game in a complete and totally lurch like last time. I promise to never be that sort of jerk again!

You promise to be a new, unique kind of jerk!

\in

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 08:33:39 pm »

swims /in the ether...

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 08:55:24 pm »

/in
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 09:48:05 pm »

/in
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 01:04:54 am »

/in

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 05:25:17 am »

Upset I wasn't auto in.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 09:58:37 am »

I promise to never be that sort of jerk again!

Upset I wasn't auto in.

Well so much for that....

I knew I was forgetting something

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 11:04:35 am »

A couple of rule changes to pay specific attention to. I think there are a few others, but these are the important ones

6. As a general rule you should aim for more than one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. Please treat this game as a commitment. If you can't commit to this game because of outside activities/responsibilities, other forum games or other contributing factors please do not sign up or /out before the start of the game.

4a. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames or misspellings will be counted so long as they are unambiguous. Mistakes to the syntax will not be counted, however.

4b. Please try to place votes on a separate line from other text and to the left of the page whenever possible. This is not mandatory but will help the mod count votes easier.

9. This game will have 6 day deadlines (Saturday and Sunday count as 1 day) and 2 days nights.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 11:40:27 am »

What about a lower case v for the vote instead of a capital one?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 11:43:31 am »

What about a lower case v for the vote instead of a capital one?

That is fine. I generally use the search function to find and keep track of votes. It doesn't care about case.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »

/in if it starts after the 15th.  I won't have any access from the 9-15th of this month, but after that I will be able to play.  If you get enough people and want to start before that, I am fine giving up the spot.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 03:29:30 pm »

/in if it starts after the 15th.  I won't have any access from the 9-15th of this month, but after that I will be able to play.  If you get enough people and want to start before that, I am fine giving up the spot.

I imagine it won't start before that. I'll save a spot for you and it is yours unless this fills up unimaginably fast.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 11:12:16 pm »

This looks really fun. /tag

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 03:08:40 pm »

/in

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 09:03:40 am »

Tentative /in, we'll see how life is shaping up around the time the lineup actually fills
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 01:20:44 am »

I can see that I didn't need to worry about this game starting too soon.  Anyway, I have the itch, and this game needs to fill up.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 12:21:13 pm »

/in
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 11:49:22 am »

/out

Want/need a co?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 02:13:51 pm »

/out

Want/need a co?

I'll let you know if I need help with stuff after the game starts. I don't know that I will. I would rather keep player pool/subs open than have a co-mod I might not actually need. But you will be first in line if it comes to that.

Thanks!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 03:11:22 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to /out. This looks way over my head, but thank you for hosting anyway!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 03:14:19 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to /out. This looks way over my head, but thank you for hosting anyway!

But it's simple... simply simple.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »

But it's simple... simply simple.
Fine. I assumed ashersky outted because he doesn't like me so I divided to give him a chance to get back in. However, I already posted here, so this will constantly be showing up in 'new replies to your posts.'

/in
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.