Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stef and I put all the curses on the Island mat  (Read 1354 times)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
Stef and I put all the curses on the Island mat
« on: October 02, 2015, 01:12:35 pm »
+1

Code: [Select]
Crossroads, Native Village, Island, Procession, Thief, Young Witch, Bazaar, City, Embassy, Ill-Gotten Gains, Soothsayer
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20151002/log.50b20dc3e4b0c9ce0cf27eb3.1443805466542.txt

Provinces/Estates. Well, not all of the curses got set aside, only 9 of them. I bought out the last one for the 3-pile victory, and my first victory over Stef.

An interesting board since there are three cursers, of which only Young Witch has synergy with the action deck you're trying to build, but it can be blocked by Native Villages. I got very lucky here with having banes/him not having banes. Not sure if his Soothsayer was a mistake, Golds aren't that helpful for the engine and Procession-Island deals with Curses fairly effectively.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
Re: Stef and I put all the curses on the Island mat
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »

I can't help but wonder, wouldn't a Big Money-ish strategy have been stronger on this board? You're both stronger players than I am, so I'm probably wrong, but at first glance Embassy, IGG and Soothsayer are a couple of pretty awesome Big Money enablers, with two of them also being cursers and the third able to alleviate the negative effects of your opponent's cursers. With the abundance of Villages around, an engine looks promising too, but Cursers and lack of trashing really hurt, and they don't hurt Big Money as much...
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
Re: Stef and I put all the curses on the Island mat
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 07:17:09 pm »

I can't help but wonder, wouldn't a Big Money-ish strategy have been stronger on this board? You're both stronger players than I am, so I'm probably wrong, but at first glance Embassy, IGG and Soothsayer are a couple of pretty awesome Big Money enablers, with two of them also being cursers and the third able to alleviate the negative effects of your opponent's cursers. With the abundance of Villages around, an engine looks promising too, but Cursers and lack of trashing really hurt, and they don't hurt Big Money as much...

I was wondering the same thing after the game, except that I think you would want to open Young Witch/Silver on 4/3, then you might want a Soothsayer and IGGs after that. Embassy would be added when the curses are close to out. If you don't pick up Native Villages the engine player will pick up 2 YWs. The engine would probably then get Procession, looking to Procession YW and then Procession-Island to set aside curses, while picking up Cities and some Embassies for filtering. A potential 3-pile for the money player would be Curse-Island-Duchy.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.