Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tomato Patch  (Read 8356 times)

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato Patch
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 03:34:55 pm »

With or without the vp, Tristan?
I'd prefer the one without the VP but I doubt that it makes much of a difference. If Gardens or Silk Road is present there is of course the usual rush issue and this very card might enhance it (assume a 2P game with a 5-3 distribution of Silk Roads and a lot of Tomato Patches and the player with the 5 Silk Roads has an automatic win) but I wouldn't worry too much about these border cases as there are after all ample of extremly powerful combos in Dominion.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 03:57:58 pm »

Necro with a buy you can gain whenever you want is the easiest desing, and probably a good card.  It's kind of like Duchess.

It's kind of a different card though.  I really wanted to make something like a Duchess that actually makes your deck bad, but makes you ask yourself how much you are willing to damage your deck to get a little VP.  The problem was that without vanilla bonuses 1 VP seemed too weak and 2 VP seemed too strong.  And nobody likes 1.5VP

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 02:05:35 pm »
+3

Necro with a buy you can gain whenever you want is the easiest desing, and probably a good card.  It's kind of like Duchess.

It's kind of a different card though.  I really wanted to make something like a Duchess that actually makes your deck bad, but makes you ask yourself how much you are willing to damage your deck to get a little VP.  The problem was that without vanilla bonuses 1 VP seemed too weak and 2 VP seemed too strong.  And nobody likes 1.5VP

Isn't "ask yourself how much you are willing to damage your deck to get a little VP" the basic concept behind Victory cards in Dominion in general, though?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 02:44:38 am »

Isn't "ask yourself how much you are willing to damage your deck to get a little VP" the basic concept behind Victory cards in Dominion in general, though?
The same way "does this card make my deck better" is the basic idea behind action cards, but Duchess and Tomato Patch are supposed to be unique because they are free of opportunity cost, leaving ONLY that element.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.