Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136573 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)
« Reply #1300 on: November 11, 2015, 09:34:52 am »

Things are now officially personal.

Congrats on losing your first game!
Losing isn't the big deal.
I'm torn up because it literally came down to me and I made the wrong decision. I am the only one the town and Mafia can blame.

In that case,

Congrats on losing your first game for everyone else!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 11, 2015, 10:30:01 am »

I'm torn up because it literally came down to me and I made the wrong decision. I am the only one the town and Mafia can blame.
Hey, I screwed up too.  Don't beat yourself up too much.  First game and all.  Nobody (except Awaclus, maybe! :P and it's easy for him to say, stuff looked obvious to him because he came from a position of perfect information) thinks you made a bad choice (even though it happened to be wrong) at the end there, as you said everybody in the speccy thought Awa was the SK.  Only the mafia knew different (if they looked at the Mafia QT).

I'd disagree with both of you :P

One can certainly blame other people. Like, everyone who got mislynched plus everyone who has been on any mislynch can be blamed (if anyone was actually interested in blaming others, which no-one seems to be). But just because you made the final decision doesn't make it any more important than any previous decision in the game, in fact every mislynch is arguably about equally import.

As the 3d guy at LyLo, you already played well insofar as you haven't been lynched yourself - both others immediately assumed that you're town. If that hadn't been the case, then town would have had to pick the right guy out of 3 instead of 2.

I don't think it's quite fair to say that 'no-one thinks you made a bad choice' either, though, I think you probably did make one, although I haven't reread enough to be sure. And you did have more time left that you didn't use. But I'm not even sure if this particular lynch is more your or Awaclus' fault.

tl;dr much less black and white and a lot of gray.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 11, 2015, 10:45:37 am »

Hey, I screwed up too.  Don't beat yourself up too much.  First game and all.  Nobody (except Awaclus, maybe! :P and it's easy for him to say, stuff looked obvious to him because he came from a position of perfect information) thinks you made a bad choice (even though it happened to be wrong) at the end there, as you said everybody in the speccy thought Awa was the SK.  Only the mafia knew different (if they looked at the Mafia QT). 

I was saying the Speccy, I think it's awesome that the two final lynches were performed by the newbies.  The fact that both were wrong is pretty hilarious.

I have also been meaning to say, I hope you didn't take anything I said in the entire game at all personally.  It suited my agenda to paint you as totally useless, which wasn't true.

as a spectator i was 100% convinced awaclus was the sk.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 11, 2015, 11:03:28 am »

as a spectator i was 100% convinced awaclus was the sk.
This is kinda my point.  Several people were vocal in the speccy about their absolute belief that Awa was the SK, and would have supported RR in his decision to lynch Awa.  It turned out to be the wrong decision, but I'm just saying that RR wasn't alone in being fooled.  I would consider it extremely hypocritical if anyone who said in the speccy that Awa was definitely scum decided now to come out and criticise RR.  SS, I'm not saying that you did that, I don't know if you said anything of the kind in the speccy. 

Ultimately, it's just a game and RR shouldn't rip himself to pieces about it.  Learn from it, sure, but let's not go mental.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 11, 2015, 11:09:48 am »

This is kinda my point.  Several people were vocal in the speccy about their absolute belief that Awa was the SK, and would have supported RR in his decision to lynch Awa.  It turned out to be the wrong decision, but I'm just saying that RR wasn't alone in being fooled.  I would consider it extremely hypocritical if anyone who said in the speccy that Awa was definitely scum decided now to come out and criticise RR.  SS, I'm not saying that you did that, I don't know if you said anything of the kind in the speccy.

I think I give the speccy thing less weight than you do (i.e. almost none), because it's just a few people who might not be representative and who are not necessarily invested in the game. I tend to only skim games after dropping out; if I read too closely it'll only make me wish that I could still interfere. Maybe others to it differently.

I think the deciding point is whether or not RR would have reached a different conclusion had he spend more time on it, which I don't know.

Ultimately, it's just a game and RR shouldn't rip himself to pieces about it.  Learn from it, sure, but let's not go mental.

Well yeah, that was sort of my point too. Lots of mistakes and good and bad and mediocre plays are being made every mafia game, and beating yourself up over this particular one (which might not even be a mistake) isn't a good idea.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1305 on: November 11, 2015, 12:34:22 pm »

Good game Ichi!

Also, great game Haddock.  You had a tough road and rode it well.

I still contend that going after RR on D1 wasn't scummy.  In before "Lynched for the wrong reason!"

Going after RR wasn't scummy, this was:

I can't wait for the obligatory IG vs. faust fight.

When you two are scum together, it'll be neat to see if you can fake it.

Calling it now, the scum team is IG, faust, ashersky. And silverspawn.

1.  I'm never scum.
2.  This post is way, way, way off tone for you, Awaclus.
3.  IG/faust/SS is possible.

I literally didn't care what you did after this post, it was enough to convince me that you were scum.

Don't beat yourself up too much.  First game and all.  Nobody (except Awaclus, maybe! :P and it's easy for him to say, stuff looked obvious to him because he came from a position of perfect information) thinks you made a bad choice (even though it happened to be wrong) at the end there, as you said everybody in the speccy thought Awa was the SK.  Only the mafia knew different (if they looked at the Mafia QT).

It was obvious to me that Ichi was the SK on D4 already. It's way beyond my comprehension why anyone would find anyone more scummy than him. Mislynching on D4 turned out to be the right decision after all since you were the last mafia and this way you got killed, otherwise you probably wouldn't have gotten lynched, but I still think that with the information we had at the time, a chairs lynch was even worse than my mislynch D5; while I don't think there was any reason to think that I was the SK, there was an incredibly good reason to think that chairs was town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 11, 2015, 12:38:35 pm »

I voted for Ashersky. Why?
He wantes to kill me. I knew I was town. By going aftet me, whether he was town or not, he was not helping the town. If you're not helping the town, why keep you alive?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:01 pm »

tbh I was pretty sold on scum!haddock and scum!IG and I should've called it before my mislynch happened. I'm sorry about the naked vote, I was kind of in a rush.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 11, 2015, 12:41:06 pm »

It was obvious to me that Ichi was the SK on D4 already. It's way beyond my comprehension why anyone would find anyone more scummy than him. Mislynching on D4 turned out to be the right decision after all since you were the last mafia and this way you got killed, otherwise you probably wouldn't have gotten lynched, but I still think that with the information we had at the time, a chairs lynch was even worse than my mislynch D5; while I don't think there was any reason to think that I was the SK, there was an incredibly good reason to think that chairs was town.
Agreed.

I was fairly certain chairs was town and ichi the SK even as I hammered chairs, which is why I'm so annoyed at myself (some of my poor reasoning for such madness is described above). Massive error. I think if ichi had been lynched, I would have killed you, and probably not been lynched on the final day, I back myself to convince RR that chairs is scum there.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.