Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136606 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1100 on: November 01, 2015, 02:35:00 pm »

It wasn't. Okay, go on.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 01, 2015, 02:38:14 pm »

It wasn't. Okay, go on.
I don't have anything else to say.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 01, 2015, 04:57:45 pm »

Vote Count 3.4

Hydrad (3): gkrieg13, Awaclus, Roadrunner

Not Voting (4): Haddock, Chairs, Ichimaru Gin, Hydrad

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

D3 ends at Wednesday 11/4 at 7 pm forum time.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1103 on: November 01, 2015, 05:29:53 pm »

If someone hammers Hydrad and I get killed (me getting killed at this point is pretty unlikely, since there are people who are scummier than me and people who are townier than me, but it can happen), I'd like to explain my town read on chairs in more detail while I still can, since I seem to be the only one who thinks chairs is towny.

As I already stated, I think chairs is town. I could see him being mafia bussing his partners, but I really don't think that he's the SK. His reaction to yuma's claim exhibits a clear town narrative, possibly mafia narrative, which could be faked, but I don't think it is.

Okay, so the question is basically "is the downside of town!awaclus being NK'd greater than the upside of scum!awaclus being NK'd?".  My gut on this was "probably not", EXCEPT then I noticed this:

We're at 10 alive. If we let yuma live into the night and lynch somebody else, we probably end up with 2 x NK again. this would put us at 7 alive Tomorrow, which is generally preferable to an even number of living players. Since we can just lynch yuma Tomorrow... it might be worth doing this.

I'm not even sure what he's trying to say with the top part of his post, and then he changes his mind mid-post and concludes that the guy who just claimed SK shouldn't be lynched. I super don't see the real SK reacting like this, and it feels genuine enough. After the last mafia gets eliminated from the game, I think it should be fairly safe to treat chairs as a bad lynch. If you don't think that chairs busses both of his partners like he did, you should probably already have a town read on him IMO.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 01, 2015, 05:34:26 pm »

hmm awaclus makes is making sense... towny read on him to i guess...

Vote: IG

because POE is starting to come into play.

although I'm still going to die just thought I'd let you guys know where I'm thinking scum is now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 01, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »

hmm awaclus makes is making sense... towny read on him to i guess...

Vote: IG

because POE is starting to come into play.

although I'm still going to die just thought I'd let you guys know where I'm thinking scum is now.
Got any reasons?
Just trying to look townie by starting a wagon and not voting the most popular one anymore?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 01, 2015, 06:56:15 pm »

Have you even tried to defend yourself?
Honestly, this just looks like scum giving up because they realize they can't salvage the game given their post history.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 01, 2015, 07:19:16 pm »

If someone hammers Hydrad and I get killed (me getting killed at this point is pretty unlikely, since there are people who are scummier than me and people who are townier than me, but it can happen), I'd like to explain my town read on chairs in more detail while I still can, since I seem to be the only one who thinks chairs is towny.

As I already stated, I think chairs is town. I could see him being mafia bussing his partners, but I really don't think that he's the SK. His reaction to yuma's claim exhibits a clear town narrative, possibly mafia narrative, which could be faked, but I don't think it is.

Okay, so the question is basically "is the downside of town!awaclus being NK'd greater than the upside of scum!awaclus being NK'd?".  My gut on this was "probably not", EXCEPT then I noticed this:

We're at 10 alive. If we let yuma live into the night and lynch somebody else, we probably end up with 2 x NK again. this would put us at 7 alive Tomorrow, which is generally preferable to an even number of living players. Since we can just lynch yuma Tomorrow... it might be worth doing this.

I'm not even sure what he's trying to say with the top part of his post, and then he changes his mind mid-post and concludes that the guy who just claimed SK shouldn't be lynched. I super don't see the real SK reacting like this, and it feels genuine enough. After the last mafia gets eliminated from the game, I think it should be fairly safe to treat chairs as a bad lynch. If you don't think that chairs busses both of his partners like he did, you should probably already have a town read on him IMO.

I just want to say I love this post from you. This is really great deduction. Even if it will annoy me when we're finally on opposite teams, I want to see more of this kind of post from you.

Also, I think making virtual ICs is Towny, so townread on Awaclus from this.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 01, 2015, 08:49:22 pm »

Honestly, this just looks like scum giving up because they realize they can't salvage the game given their post history.

I can't really defend myself to well I don't think. I can't find much this game that I have done well. So I'm kinda accepting that I'm getting lynched but then once people see i'm town they will be able to see that my reads were genuine. And right now you are scummy to me through POE basically. I'm finding towny reasons for most people except you. I could be wrong but thats my reasons.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 02, 2015, 01:08:09 am »

I can't really defend myself to well I don't think. I can't find much this game that I have done well. So I'm kinda accepting that I'm getting lynched but then once people see i'm town they will be able to see that my reads were genuine. And right now you are scummy to me through POE basically. I'm finding towny reasons for most people except you. I could be wrong but thats my reasons.
Well that's fair enough I guess. Eh, I always seem to be on the wrong side of reading you.
Of course I don't agree that I haven't been townie. I've put a lot into this game considering how much time I have.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: November 02, 2015, 05:01:25 am »

OK I've had a final read.  Hydrad looking a bit townier in his recent posts, but it's too little too late I think.
I'll hammer.

vote: Hydrad
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 02, 2015, 05:46:52 am »

still town!

glgl

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 02, 2015, 05:48:49 am »

Really?  Damn, sorry.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 02, 2015, 11:21:52 am »

Well that puts the targets on Haddock, Awaclus, and IG.  Lynch order for tomorrow I would put IG >>> Haddock > Awaclus.  It is alarming how many people weren't voting at the end of the day and that Hydrad was the only wagon.  I guess that should have told us something.  Good luck guys.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #1114 on: November 02, 2015, 11:27:02 am »

Thread Locked!!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 02, 2015, 11:29:01 am »

Vote Count 3.final

Hydrad (4): gkrieg13, Awaclus, Roadrunner, Haddock
Ichimaru Gin (1): Hydrad

Not Voting (2): Chairs, Ichimaru Gin

With 7 alive, it took 4 to lynch.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #1116 on: November 02, 2015, 11:30:47 am »

Hydrad has been lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie.

N1 begins now and will last 48 hours until 11/4 at 11:30am forum time. Night actions are due before day start.

Thread Locked!!!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 4)
« Reply #1117 on: November 04, 2015, 10:31:09 am »

Gkrieg has been killed in the night. He was the Cop.

Day 4 begins!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 04, 2015, 10:32:49 am »

Vote Count 4.0

Not Voting (5): Roadrunner7671, Haddock, Awaclus, Ichimaru Gin, Chairs

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

D4 starts now and ends Wednesday November 11 at 11 am forum time.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 04, 2015, 12:03:56 pm »

Hey guys.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1120 on: November 04, 2015, 12:08:12 pm »

I'm inclined to believe that RR is the last mafia and IG is the SK.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 04, 2015, 12:08:40 pm »

I can guarantee that that's incorrect.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1122 on: November 04, 2015, 12:11:01 pm »

Can you prove it?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 04, 2015, 12:19:38 pm »

Can you prove it?
Yep.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1124 on: November 04, 2015, 12:26:57 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53  All

Page created in 1.515 seconds with 20 queries.