Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136529 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #750 on: October 22, 2015, 09:11:22 pm »

I was somewhat surprised that there wasn't more backlash against yuma (and to some degree WW) for opposing the ash lynch. At some point I'll look at they're posts leading up to the end of Day 1 and see how substantial I think they are.

I guess it's fair, but I was just wrong.  I think if you read my interactions with Ash throughout the entire day you'll see partnership should look unlikely.

Anything in particular you want to point out, or just what's been said?

The early stuff, like there was one post where Ash said something like "WW you're in this game!  Are you scum?" And we joked about Masons, etc.  You can say those things can be constructed, but I know they weren't, and I think that should somehow be realizable on reading.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 22, 2015, 10:34:32 pm »

I think yuma is more scummish than WW.

I'm mostly posting so that I don't get poked. As usual, I have nothing to add to the conversation.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 22, 2015, 11:29:41 pm »

i think ww is town.

also I know how you feel roadrunner. I find it hard for me to add actual info in my posts and they end up being empty a bunch of the time.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 23, 2015, 06:36:00 am »

also I know how you feel roadrunner. I find it hard for me to add actual info in my posts and they end up being empty a bunch of the time.
The game is really fun, but I think I've lost my original buzz. Faust and SS, both people who contributed a lot, are gone. Wiped out from our community. To never be seen again. It really makes you think.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 23, 2015, 10:18:12 am »

Vote Count 2.2

Haddock (2): Witherweaver, Hydrad
Yuma (3): Jimmmmm, Chairs, gkrieg13
Witherweaver (1): Haddock

Not Voting (4): Awaclus, Ichimaru Gin, Yuma, Roadrunner7671

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

D2 ends October 28 at 12 pm noon forum time.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 23, 2015, 01:52:02 pm »

@Haddock: What do you think of yuma?

@yuma: what do you think of Haddock?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 23, 2015, 01:54:49 pm »

@yuma: what do you think of Haddock?

for starters needs to setup a goko username so I can "Ctrl F" his posts...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 23, 2015, 02:04:46 pm »

@Haddock: What do you think of yuma?

I reread him by "Ctrl F" posts: 134 for those who want to do the same....

Not a lot jumped out at me. The main thing was that he had a perfectly null read on ashersky, which is something I have seen scum do on partners a lot. But that "reads" post was before ashersky really blew up and wasn't really the focal point, so I don't know if I put too much stock into that as it conceivably could have been just not having a read on him by being more focused on other items.

There was some early defense of ash, but he also defended faust and someone else when they got to L-1 or L-2 so that felt more like a paranoia of an early lynch, which again is often a scumtell.

As for how ash interacted with him, I would say that he didn't really... which isn't very ashersky to me at all. Honestly I would expect ash to interact how he did with RR (but on a much lower level) early than basically completely ignoring him...

And I see his points on WW and think they might have some merit, but as mentioned above I am struggling with seeing WW play that blatantly in defending a partner

So I think by default he is scummier being off wagon, but I don't know if he would be a better lynch than WW (who has direct ties to ash) or ichi/hydrad (who don't either)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 23, 2015, 02:13:49 pm »

As for how ash interacted with him, I would say that he didn't really... which isn't very ashersky to me at all. Honestly I would expect ash to interact how he did with RR (but on a much lower level) early than basically completely ignoring him...

In my scum games with Ashersky, I've felt he's had very minimal interactions with me.  I remember one game where I was kind of arguing/debating things he was saying and he didn't respond. 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 23, 2015, 02:17:59 pm »

In my scum games with Ashersky, I've felt he's had very minimal interactions with me.  I remember one game where I was kind of arguing/debating things he was saying and he didn't respond.

Hmm... Then I don't know. I know last game he didn't interact much with gkrieg (or Awaclus) but that was such a weird game because of the Mason claim.

But the times I have been partners with ash we had some pretty epic sized arguments/interactions... see Mean Girls Mafia for example where I counter-fakeclaimed his fakeclaim... and I know he has done similar things with others.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 23, 2015, 02:40:50 pm »

I think that is different with you because you are much louder than most other mafia players.  It is impossible to not interact with you...

Hmm... Then I don't know. I know last game he didn't interact much with gkrieg (or Awaclus) but that was such a weird game because of the Mason claim.

But the times I have been partners with ash we had some pretty epic sized arguments/interactions... see Mean Girls Mafia for example where I counter-fakeclaimed his fakeclaim... and I know he has done similar things with others.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 23, 2015, 02:41:38 pm »

?

Somehow my post didn't post?

Oh I got the quote stuff wrong. 

I think that is different with you because you are much louder than most other mafia players.  It is impossible to not interact with you...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #762 on: October 23, 2015, 02:48:46 pm »

Well, it is impossible to not interact with everyone. At the very least, you're interacting through non-interaction.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 23, 2015, 03:03:50 pm »

Well, it is impossible to not interact with everyone. At the very least, you're interacting through non-interaction.

This is me not interacting with you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 23, 2015, 03:04:24 pm »

You know what I mean.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 23, 2015, 03:04:38 pm »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 23, 2015, 03:06:49 pm »

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 23, 2015, 06:08:41 pm »

OK I'm back.  I know I didn't say I was going anywhere, apologies for that folks.  I didn't really mean to go anywhere, I just haven't had time the last few evenings.  Here now though.  And I've been keeping an eye on things at least.

I will reread yuma now, back shortly.

Is there anyone who hasn't posted D2?  It's been fairly sparse in general but I don't think anyone is entirely missing.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 23, 2015, 06:20:27 pm »

I'm pretty busy studying for my exam, but I should be able to post a bit this weekend.
I feel like I'm not really seeing people make cases or have many scumreads, which I find interesting. It seems like everyone's mostly getting along.
Granted, I haven't done that either, but I find the overall trend notable I guess.

I also feel some scum vibes from yuma. He reads like he's playing very cautiously to me. Still, I know there could be other reasons for that, so I kinda want to give him the benefit of the doubt at that point. Maybe that's naive of me.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 23, 2015, 06:53:31 pm »

OK so I've reread yuma now.  Couple of things come out of it.
Firstly, his part in the argument about whether we should talk about switches.  I'd forgotten he had such a big say in it, but he does end up saying quite a lot.  The weird thing is I agree that completely censoring a topic was a bad thing, but the whole thing went on for so long that everyone who said anything in it ended up feeling a bit scummy to me.  So yeah minor scum points for that, he makes no posts except about the switch discussion for a large chunk of D1.

After that he makes a lot of anecdotes about previous games, still not really contributing much.  First major point is his case against faust, which actually isn't a bad case it seems to me, I can see where he comes from.  Not much to deduce from that.  (I want to apologise to WW, on reread I can definitely get behind the scumread on faust, he somehow looks scummier now that I know he's town than he did at the time.)  Then he refuses to continue defending his viewpoint on faust, which actually reads fairly genuine, so his case on faust is still null to me.

The ash thing.  I'mma take back what I said about WW.  On reread, yuma and WW saw ash's behaviour as being within his meta right from the start.  This makes the later defense of ash, because there's two of them doing it, seem much better generally, for some reason.  So unvote: WW.

D2 yuma seems way more invested in the game.  I can only assume that he's aware that his defense of ash is going to look suspicious.  So he's contributing more.  Also the game has just got more interesting.  But there's not much content in his posts, just like there hasn't been much content in anyone's posts today.  Other than yuma's feelings rant there's not much going on.  The rant again feels genuine, no way to take anything from it.

The main thing I don't like about yuma is his tendency to keep going back to meta anecdotes.  Bothers me a bit, like he's not contributing based on the content of the current game.  That's the main thing that comes out at me on reread.  Not enough for a vote at this point.

Bah, today is tough.  Gonna leave my vote on noone for now.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 24, 2015, 12:47:37 am »

FYI: I will be probably effectively v/la starting now for the weekend. - Royals are back in the big enchilada baby!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 24, 2015, 11:24:40 am »

Vote: yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 24, 2015, 12:38:57 pm »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 24, 2015, 01:41:08 pm »

You know. I really just have this overwhelming sense that yuma is scum right now.
I know what I said before, but this response...everything else. It feels just like how frustrated scum would react after they've had a fair amount of suspicion on them and their partner got lynched D1. He just doesn't seem to be fighting at all.
faust being killed also makes me suspicious.

So vote: yuma

That's L-1 I believe.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #774 on: October 24, 2015, 01:45:46 pm »

I'm not super against a yuma lynch at this moment, but I want to re-read before making a decision.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.