Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136698 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #700 on: October 21, 2015, 06:11:28 pm »

Why does he have to explain that to you? It doesn't really prevent him from voting for you if you don't understand how you're scummy. If you want to do something about it, you should explain to him how it was not scummy.
That implies that voting for people is inherently scummy until proven otherwise.  Which is just wrong.  It's anti-town to not vote for anyone. 

What was I posting prior to my most recent posts? Is that the question you are asking?
No I'm asking you what your most recent post (other than the quoted one) means.  I don't understand any of it, except the last bit of it, (the question) which I do understand.
It's a really complicated plan (if I was Mafia) that involves me faking my cluelessness, the Mafia trying to kill me, and us lynching gkreig. When I was lynched, my Mafia buddies would've been 'trying' to lynch me all game, so no on would suspect them of being Mafia.
Nope, I still don't entirely get it.  You're suggesting that the only way you're mafia is that mafia coached you to fake cluelessness, then would try to get you killed but intentionally fail and lynch gkrieg instead?  I agree, that's a crazy plan.  But the craziness of that particular plan doesn't exactly make you an IC.

PPE: 2
Can you think of a more likely scernario that would involve me being Mafia? I mean, a Mafia tried to lynch me, and I'm either a great actor or completely clueless.

How about less talk about you not being Mafia and more talk about who is Mafia.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #701 on: October 21, 2015, 06:11:59 pm »

Haddock on Ash:

OK so here's my reads list.

Ashersky:  Not said huge amounts recently.  People seemed to find him scummy early on.  I remember thinking him slightly scummy, but can't remember why.  Null-to-mild scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 21, 2015, 06:15:38 pm »

I think it's WW, Yuma, chairs or haddock. Or IG.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 21, 2015, 06:15:43 pm »

and I think that put him at L-2 at the time?  It's not much of a reason in the first place and you stretched it out for a bunch of sentences.  The timing has the feeling of scum getting on a mislynch.
Wait, suddenly putting people at L-2 is a scummy thing to do?  I seem to remember making a comment about some L-2 wagons early on and getting called scummy just for suggesting that the people on the L-2 wagons start contributing to the game.

But yeah OK the reasons I give in that post are clearly not enough for a gkrieg lynch.  There was already a decent case against him, I think it had been put forward by faust?  I didn't feel the need to repeat it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #704 on: October 21, 2015, 06:17:11 pm »

That implies that voting for people is inherently scummy until proven otherwise.  Which is just wrong.  It's anti-town to not vote for anyone.

No, it just implies that there is no need for you to know why people are voting for you — others don't have to convince you that you're scum before they can vote for you, you have to convince others that you're town if you want them to stop.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 21, 2015, 06:19:25 pm »

and I think that put him at L-2 at the time?  It's not much of a reason in the first place and you stretched it out for a bunch of sentences.  The timing has the feeling of scum getting on a mislynch.
Wait, suddenly putting people at L-2 is a scummy thing to do?  I seem to remember making a comment about some L-2 wagons early on and getting called scummy just for suggesting that the people on the L-2 wagons start contributing to the game.

But yeah OK the reasons I give in that post are clearly not enough for a gkrieg lynch.  There was already a decent case against him, I think it had been put forward by faust?  I didn't feel the need to repeat it.

L-2 isn't; at that point in the game I think it was moreso.  You didn't feel you needed to repeat Faust's argument but you felt you needed to write a paragraph about another point.

Anyway, this is generally why I don't like to give detailed explanations of things.  I obviously can't show you that you're scum or fully justify the feeling.  If you're scum you want details so that you can discredit them, and if you're town you just know I'm wrong.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 21, 2015, 06:22:15 pm »

No, it just implies that there is no need for you to know why people are voting for you — others don't have to convince you that you're scum before they can vote for you, you have to convince others that you're town if you want them to stop.
So what you're saying here is that voting for someone is not in itself a scummy thing to do.  Right?

So why was my vote for gkrieg scummy?  Is what I'm asking WW. 

You didn't feel you needed to repeat Faust's argument but you felt you needed to write a paragraph about another point.
Well, obviously.  Repeating someone else's arguments isn't exactly productive.  Making a new point is worth a few sentences.  At this point you seem to be finding my vote scummy because I was too wordy about it?  Well get used to it, buddy, I like my words.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 21, 2015, 06:54:22 pm »

Vote: Haddock

Nice lynch! bad SK. why do SK's never seem to hit scum.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 21, 2015, 07:01:12 pm »

I don't feel so good about lynching Haddock, but I don't feel awful about it either. I want to hear him defend himself more. But unvote. As of right now I think it'll come down to Haddock or WW.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 21, 2015, 07:03:28 pm »

Ok phone post. I should be back at a computer in a couple hours. I was just waking up around the time ash got hammered. Ashersky is someone who i recall little direct interaction with across all my games here; I also find him very difficult to read. I guess i tend to rely on others who seem to be more adept at that.

More thoughts later when i can sit down and analyze stuff.
Ppe:1

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 21, 2015, 07:09:59 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

Haddock (3): gkrieg13, Witherweaver, Hydrad
Yuma (1): Jimmmmm
Witherweaver (1): Haddock

Not Voting (5): Awaclus, Ichimaru Gin, Yuma, Chairs, Roadrunner7671

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

D2 ends October 28 at 12 pm noon forum time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:19:06 am by Twistedarcher »

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 21, 2015, 08:23:07 pm »

Yeah, I can definitely get behind vote: haddock.

I have to admit that I was null on ash at best D1, but when he made the selfhammer joke, that came off scummy to me. scum!ash gets crazy dangerous after D1 so I'm glad we knocked him out early.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 21, 2015, 08:24:15 pm »

I have to admit that I was null on ash at best D1, but when he made the selfhammer joke, that came off scummy to me. scum!ash gets crazy dangerous after D1 so I'm glad we knocked him out early.

...you mean the joke I made?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 21, 2015, 08:38:48 pm »

...for some reason I thought he'd made that joke. XD

Well, all's well that ends well I guess!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 21, 2015, 08:42:50 pm »

Or you could take this moment and use it as a learning experience, not all of us have dumb hammers that end up being so positive (me for example...)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 21, 2015, 09:01:57 pm »

Sigh

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 21, 2015, 09:16:36 pm »

Sigh
Frustrated your partner died based on a misunderstanding?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 21, 2015, 09:17:59 pm »

Sigh
Frustrated your partner died based on a misunderstanding?

Nailed it.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 21, 2015, 10:37:43 pm »

If he were my partner,  I would have just stayed inactive at the end instead of hammering.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 21, 2015, 10:41:42 pm »

Yeah. I don't think chairs is one of Ash's partners.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: October 21, 2015, 11:22:59 pm »

Yeah. I don't think chairs is one of Ash's partners.

He is the likeliest of those on wagon if you ask me. Maybe tied with... Desperation bus hammering is a thing. See axxle in adventure time mafia. Hammered partner raerae day1 and that almost led him to a win at the end... But not quite... My getting lynched day2 didn't help

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #721 on: October 22, 2015, 01:44:36 am »

You don't need to know that. He is allowed to vote for you even if you don't know why.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 22, 2015, 04:05:50 am »

You don't need to know that. He is allowed to vote for you even if you don't know why.
You're still not getting my point. But that's ok, you don't have to get my point, I'm sure WW does.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 22, 2015, 11:24:45 am »

vote: ash. I remember him saying he does this in a speccy when he is scum

which scum QT was this? I just read through the fanfiction one and didn't see anything there that talked about this...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 22, 2015, 11:44:06 am »

after rereading the build up of the ash wagon this is the moment that stood out to me the most:

My wagon is full of scummy folks, at least.

I like how SS has all those posts saying everything I've said is null, then calls it a good case.

vote: silverspawn

followed by:

Vote: Silverspawn

At this point ash was at L-2 and, with hindsight granted, the lynch looked pretty much a done deal. I generally don't think that scum buddies interact with each other in such a straightforward way, following each other like this, but I can't help but think that it might have been a move of desperation to maybe get some heat of ash and some onto SS in hopes of luring some who were on the ash wagon onto SS or enticing some who weren't voting for ash to not vote for him and vote for SS instead...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.