Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136621 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #650 on: October 21, 2015, 11:43:52 am »

I don't see a whole lot of bus potential on the Ash wagon.  Chairs is possible.  Awaclus would be like a planned strategic bus.  Could happen but Ash isn't the type to go for those.  Jimmm, RR, and Gkrieg are unlikely. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 21, 2015, 11:45:22 am »

Off wagon: Ichi, Hydrad, Yuma, Haddock.  Nothing jumps out to me from memory about Ichi, Hydrad, Yuma.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 21, 2015, 11:47:45 am »

I think people on the ash wagon are looking very non-Mafiay. The obvious suspects to me are yuma and WW. Vote: yuma definitely seems the most sensible.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #653 on: October 21, 2015, 11:58:00 am »

Awaclus would be like a planned strategic bus.  Could happen but Ash isn't the type to go for those.

I super don't think it could happen. Maybe if there was no SK, but even if it was obvious I'm not on ash's team, unfortunately I'm not even an IC now, so there's no way it would be worth it to commit to bussing a partner as early as I voted for ash.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 21, 2015, 12:01:15 pm »

Awaclus would be like a planned strategic bus.  Could happen but Ash isn't the type to go for those.

I super don't think it could happen. Maybe if there was no SK, but even if it was obvious I'm not on ash's team, unfortunately I'm not even an IC now, so there's no way it would be worth it to commit to bussing a partner as early as I voted for ash.

I think you are the one being bussed in this theoretical situation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 21, 2015, 12:03:25 pm »

No, if Ash were planning to bus someone it would be Roadrunner.  Awaclus came out against Ash early and (of course) without justification, so I'm saying if there were bussing, it would have been a planned ahead thing. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 21, 2015, 12:04:41 pm »

No, if Ash were planning to bus someone it would be Roadrunner.  Awaclus came out against Ash early and (of course) without justification, so I'm saying if there were bussing, it would have been a planned ahead thing.

I agree with you that there probably wasn't a planned bus in this situation.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 21, 2015, 01:13:43 pm »

Yay we got scum!  Sucks that our doctor is dead.  Chairs comes off townier from the hammer. 

Let's start with vote: Haddock

I am not sure I agree. the chairs hammer I felt could very easily have been a desperation scum hammer. He doesn't look nearly as townie as say... well the two townies who died during the night, yourself (gkrieg) or Jimmmmm or RR.

That said, obviously off wagon is the place to look given the lynch was scum and where the NKs took place: Hydrad, Ichi, Haddock, WW, myself.

then if we don't have success we could potentially start to look on wagon, but that shouldn't be the focus today.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 21, 2015, 01:16:51 pm »

I think people on the ash wagon are looking very non-Mafiay. The obvious suspects to me are yuma and WW. Vote: yuma definitely seems the most sensible.

Why am I more sensible than WW? Or anyone else off wagon for that matter?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 21, 2015, 01:21:40 pm »

Was I really the only person who thought that ash was up to some sort of long-game con with how hard he was pushing the newbie RR agenda? Like I was really thinking that he was just belligerently pushing the RR lynch to try and get a whole bunch of reactions to somehow use--not that I thought they ultimately would have been very useful--after revealing that the whole thing was a "trap" of some sort?

I could have seen him doing it as town or even as mafia (maybe that is what he was pretending to do but pushed it too far?) and kept expecting him to have a big reveal moment up until I saw that he was lynched.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: October 21, 2015, 01:22:40 pm »

You seemed to be the most actively against the ash lynch.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 21, 2015, 01:31:14 pm »

You seemed to be the most actively against the ash lynch.

I would wager that this was probably true. But are the two things you are connecting true?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 21, 2015, 02:10:53 pm »

Was I really the only person who thought that ash was up to some sort of long-game con with how hard he was pushing the newbie RR agenda? Like I was really thinking that he was just belligerently pushing the RR lynch to try and get a whole bunch of reactions to somehow use--not that I thought they ultimately would have been very useful--after revealing that the whole thing was a "trap" of some sort?

I could have seen him doing it as town or even as mafia (maybe that is what he was pretending to do but pushed it too far?) and kept expecting him to have a big reveal moment up until I saw that he was lynched.

Well, I didn't think Ash was scum.  Ash tends to tunnel as town, so I wasn't too put off by it.  The only disingenuous motivation I had thought of yesterday was scum!Ash pushing a newbie town just because he didn't think we'd expect him to do it as scum.  There's an off chance that Ash planned this with RR with the idea that we wouldn't go along with him wanting to lynch a newbie.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 21, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »

Guess what! Ash tried to vote for me! So that means I'm off the hook, right?

Two things:
I'm sorry Ashersky. I feel like you don't like the way I play Mafia, but it was nothing personal.

Also, I guess Faust wasn't the SK...
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #664 on: October 21, 2015, 04:10:53 pm »

Two things:
I'm sorry Ashersky. I feel like you don't like the way I play Mafia, but it was nothing personal.

It does not mean that you're off the hook. Ash could have done that as your partner, and you could still be the SK. It does mean that you're less likely to be scum, though.

Also, I am not ashersky (because we're both really Wandering Winder) and can't really speak for him, but it's worth noting that he was scum and he was trying to win the game. I would assume that he said everything he said because he was scum trying to win the game, until there's a reason to believe otherwise.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 21, 2015, 04:17:46 pm »

Two things:

It does not mean that you're off the hook. Ash could have done that as your partner, and you could still be the SK. It does mean that you're less likely to be scum, though.

Also, I am not ashersky (because we're both really Wandering Winder) and can't really speak for him, but it's worth noting that he was scum and he was trying to win the game. I would assume that he said everything he said because he was scum trying to win the game, until there's a reason to believe otherwise.
Oh yeah, I could still be the SK, and I guess ashersky is smart enough to have come up with that.

I did join another Mafia game and he /outed as soonas I joined. Coincidence? Maybe. But I still feel bad.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 21, 2015, 04:18:54 pm »

Really? WW defends ash to his last breath and its me you vote for? I wasn't even here at the time!
Im going to vote: witherweaver. He had so many opportunities to vote ash.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 21, 2015, 04:18:57 pm »

Now hold on!

I have been purposely ignoring you all game because... well you annoy me.

But I have to jump in here.

Feelings are feelings no matter what. Sometimes people feel things when they are scum. Sometimes when they feel things they are town. Feelings rarely can be fabricated or manipulated to fit the context of a certain situation. Like right now. No matter my alignment. I am pretty annoyed with this statement.

And this idea, this pervasive idea that when people are mafia they aren't allowed to have feelings or be annoyed or frustrated or whatever (and that it all must be made up because they are mafia... and thus the scummy scum of the earth) is the main reason I left this game the first time. I have hopefully learned to not internalize that as much, but I am not going to stand by and let it be thrown out that whatever feelings ash had and expressed here on the forum (whether you agree or like them or not) aren't legitimate and real, regardless of how he tried to use them to his best ability.

That is bull shit. And I am calling it bull shit.

End rant. Not discussing this further because I don't want to derail... but I have been where ash has been before (so has ash, so have others for that matter) and if we want to keep this community as something then we need to stop making it so that people aren't constantly alienated out of this community for being told that their feelings aren't real when in fact they are.

Ash can speak more to this after the game if he wants. But I am saying here and now that I don't like it and I don't tolerate it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 21, 2015, 04:19:41 pm »

Two things:

Oh yeah, I could still be the SK, and I guess ashersky is smart enough to have come up with that.

I did join another Mafia game and he /outed as soonas I joined. Coincidence? Maybe. But I still feel bad.

I guarantee that has nothing to do with you

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 21, 2015, 04:19:57 pm »

Really? WW defends ash to his last breath and its me you vote for? I wasn't even here at the time!

so did I. What separates WW from me?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 21, 2015, 04:21:04 pm »

Vote: yuma

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 21, 2015, 04:36:50 pm »

3 things (increasing order of importance)

1) you're not currently voting for me.
2) you haven't drawn attention to the fact that you had the two killed town-members down as scumreads. My thinking is scum!WW wants us to think that surely he would never, as scum, draw attention to that fact. Doublethink, I know, but surely WW would go thay far.
3) WW was active right up until the lynch. You were not.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 21, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »

Interesting, and a misrepresentation. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 21, 2015, 04:45:07 pm »

2) you haven't drawn attention to the fact that you had the two killed town-members down as scumreads. My thinking is scum!WW wants us to think that surely he would never, as scum, draw attention to that fact. Doublethink, I know, but surely WW would go thay far.

Just because he had time that he could've voted someone doesn't make them scum. I had time to vote for ash but he was a town read to me until the moment he wasn't and I voted for him, which was right before he was lynched.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 21, 2015, 04:45:16 pm »

Why would I never draw attention to that fact as scum? 
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.