Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136533 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2015, 09:43:09 am »

Weird behavior not scummy behavior + bandwagon jumping.

I don't know bandwagon jumping I don't really mind. It is day1 and I think those sort of interactions end up proving useful. But I think it can ultimately result in a group think sort of mentality where not only do we end up often lynching town day1 (not a huge concern as that is going to happen) we also don't really get anything super useful out of it (a much, much bigger concern)

Are you still gunning for Faust?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2015, 09:44:05 am »

Weird behavior not scummy behavior + bandwagon jumping.

I don't know bandwagon jumping I don't really mind. It is day1 and I think those sort of interactions end up proving useful. But I think it can ultimately result in a group think sort of mentality where not only do we end up often lynching town day1 (not a huge concern as that is going to happen) we also don't really get anything super useful out of it (a much, much bigger concern)

Are you still gunning for Faust?

I am still voting for him, but I don't know if I am gunning...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2015, 09:46:55 am »

I think RR is just a Newbie who doesn't really know what he's doing. New scum at least know not to draw too much attention to themselves.

ash... what can we say about ash? He's reminding me somewhat more of scum ash than Town ash.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 19, 2015, 09:59:37 am »

ash... what can we say about ash? He's reminding me somewhat more of scum ash than Town ash.

That seems super weak.  What's it even mean?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 19, 2015, 10:00:02 am »

I like how ss has all those posts saying everything I've said is null, then calls it a good case.

hm, I could easily disprove this by displaying the relevant quotes - does anyone want me to? I feel like that might not be a good idea, since an argument with ash is likely to clutter up the thread, no matter how hopeless his position is.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 19, 2015, 10:02:24 am »

Super weak for what?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2015, 10:04:11 am »

Super weak for what?

For a case by you.  Well, for a case at all.

"What can we say about ash" as an opening is basically admitting you have zip to go on.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2015, 10:06:40 am »

he responds aggressively when jimmm calls him out on it, which is something he'd do as either alignment

he also responds aggressively towards me when I vote him for the two above posts, which is also something he'd do as either alignemnt

(this is a fundamental property of ash I think, his emotions and views take priority over ingame reasons, so lots of things are auto null since they aren't dictated by alignment)

Then he calls out awaclus for being less unhelpful than in previous games. weird. not sure what ... ?

a few jokes

then he pushes RR, which is bad. not that bad though. RR is my strongest townread, but I could see town!ash doing it.

overall it amounts to a decent day 1 scumread for me. also, not a single post of him gives me town vibes.

Here's your relevant quotes.

You start with "ash has two scummy posts" and then this giant list of null tells and a town!ash mention.

Somehow that amounts to a decent day 1 scumread?

You continue to let your personal feelings for how I "wrecked" your fanfiction game by using a plan you thought was "bad" to win the game in a way you didn't like mess with your game.

At this point, I'm disgusted with it and am pretty much at the point where I feel like we should just avoid playing forum games together.  Which is sad, but it's what happened with Eevee, and I guess can happen again.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2015, 10:07:01 am »

Super weak for what?

"What can we say about ash" as an opening is basically admitting you have zip to go on.

Scummy vibe. It's a thing. I'm getting it from you.

What I'm hearing now is, "Don't lynch me for the wrong reason."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2015, 10:08:16 am »

Super weak for what?

Also, given how well I've been doing in Mafia games for the last like 2 years, saying someone has a scummy vibe on Day 1 is freaking amazing for me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2015, 10:08:36 am »

Super weak for what?

Scummy vibe. It's a thing. I'm getting it from you.

back to vote: jimmmmm

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2015, 10:08:42 am »

I had that exact thought and expected someone to throw it out there to see if it sticks.  I'm not Hydrad.

You know what's funny?  Mislynching me IS for the wrong reason.  If I'm scum, you'd be lynching me for the right reason, don't you think?

As it is, unfortunately, the right reason for lynching me (ashersky, the player -- regardless of alignment) has nothing to do with in-game reasons anymore.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 19, 2015, 10:09:20 am »

As it is, unfortunately, the right reason for lynching me (ashersky, the player -- regardless of alignment) has nothing to do with in-game reasons anymore.

Are you accusing me of something?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 19, 2015, 10:09:33 am »

Also, given how well I've been doing in Mafia games for the last like 2 years, saying someone has a scummy vibe on Day 1 is freaking amazing for me.

This might be the most egotistical thing anyone's ever said in an f.ds mafia game, ever.  And that's saying a lot, given some of the personalities (myself very much included) on this site.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 19, 2015, 10:09:38 am »

Are you accusing me of something?

No.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: October 19, 2015, 10:10:04 am »

This might be the most egotistical thing anyone's ever said in an f.ds mafia game, ever.  And that's saying a lot, given some of the personalities (myself very much included) on this site.

What do you mean?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 19, 2015, 10:11:10 am »

What do you mean?

You just wrote that, based on how amazing you have been at mafia on this site for the past two years, we should all just bow to your "scummy vibe" comment as the most, and only, authoritative comment needed to lynch someone.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2015, 10:11:55 am »

You just called it "freaking amazing."  How is that not egotistical?

I mean, be egotistical if you want.  It's your choice.  Just, I think it's going to rub more than just me the wrong way.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:24 am »

I think you misread that ash. I don't think Jimmmm intended it to come off that way.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 19, 2015, 10:17:55 am »

What do you mean?

You just wrote that, based on how amazing you have been at mafia on this site for the past two years, we should all just bow to your "scummy vibe" comment as the most, and only, authoritative comment needed to lynch someone.

Okay. I'm pretty sure you're deliberately misunderstanding me to try to rile me up (because you want to win the game and that's the way you go about it as a player - please don't accuse me of attacking you personally because I'm not). But for the sake of the argument: I have been very frustrated at my inability in Mafia games in the last fairly long while. I rarely develop any kind of reads early on in the game and then on Day 3 or 4 I force myself to have an opinion based on the little of the game that I've actually read and remembered. So the fact that I'm here, posting, am pretty much up to date, and have some kind of read, even just a vibe, is something of an achievement for me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 19, 2015, 10:27:52 am »

okay let's do this then

Somehow that amounts to a decent day 1 scumread?

yes, the points that are not null together amount to a decent scum read. I will show you - here is my quote with all parts erased that I said I considered null

first ash has these two posts

which are def both super scummy, as I've gone over already

then he pushes RR, which is bad. not that bad though. RR is my strongest townread, but I could see town!ash doing it.

also, not a single post of him gives me town vibes.

This leaves 3 points left. #1 are your first 2 posts, #2 is you pushing PR (which is 'bad but not that bad' meaning it gives mild scum points), and #3 is that nothing you did gives me any town feelings. They are enough for a decent day 1 scum read, meaning they amount to a read that has about about average confidence among my set of previous day 1 reads. this average confidence is of course not very high, because mafia is hard and it's day 1.

This is what I meant with the post, it is what I said in my post, and it is what I now reiterated to make it abundantly clear.

You continue to let your personal feelings for how I "wrecked" your fanfiction game by using a plan you thought was "bad" to win the game in a way you didn't like mess with your game.

No... I don't do that at all. First of all, I don't have negative personal feelings towards you.

I keep little files for all persons in my life in my head. Whenever they do something, that adds to their file and my interpretation of this. I do this because I am obsessed with character interpretation. And believe it or not, your file has changed very marginally due to what happened in fanfiction mafia. It basically only confirmed what I thought previously and added some minor touches.

Second of all, there is no evidence for me letting any personal feelings come in the way. Actually, I deliberately avoided confronting you in any way at all to make the chance for this argument happening as small as possible, because I suspected that you would snap as soon as I push your case in any way, no matter how careful I am - because that fits in line with how I interpret your personality - and so I tried not to do that. Until I have to, like I did twice this day; once early on after you made your posts that gave me the initial scum read, and another time now, because I think you might be the best lynch for today. Further dodging you in order to avoid confrontation would be anti town.

At this point, I'm disgusted with it and am pretty much at the point where I feel like we should just avoid playing forum games together.  Which is sad, but it's what happened with Eevee, and I guess can happen again.
You can do that, but I think you're a fascinating person and won't try to avoid playing with you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 19, 2015, 10:31:14 am »

The discussion seems mostly unrelated to the game. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 19, 2015, 10:32:11 am »

I don't have a read on Ash here.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 19, 2015, 10:35:11 am »

The discussion seems mostly unrelated to the game.

I know - that's why I was asking whether I should say anything earlier, but then ash did it first. it's super hard for me not to respond to a post like that.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2015, 10:35:48 am »

This is scum ash. He tries to get out of it by being aggressive and trying to make people feel bad for voting for him.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.