Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136523 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: October 19, 2015, 06:44:03 am »

I thought Morgrim was always town? And I feel like on my very first day of forum Mafia, I don't have enough evidence to lynch someone. Sue me.

I don't think you understand how this game works.  For the entirety of the game, most of us will never have any evidence at all.  It's all guesswork and handicraft.

Even when a cop claims to have caught mafia at night, the "cop" could be lying.

vote: Roadrunner7671 again.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 19, 2015, 06:46:45 am »

Put it another way: imagine this was a vanilla game.  So, 9 Vanilla Townies vs. 3 Mafia Goons.  No powers, nothing.

What would you propose happen?  If you no lynch every day due to "no evidence," the Mafia Goons just kill someone every night until they win.

If you demand everyone claim their role, everyone says Vanilla Town, because the Mafia are going to lie.

You have to lynch people, even if it might be wrong.  The way people interacted with them, who did and didn't vote, etc. is how you build cases on other players.  It's all circumstantial, but it's all we have.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 19, 2015, 06:49:47 am »

Put it another way: imagine this was a vanilla game.  So, 9 Vanilla Townies vs. 3 Mafia Goons.  No powers, nothing.

What would you propose happen?  If you no lynch every day due to "no evidence," the Mafia Goons just kill someone every night until they win.

If you demand everyone claim their role, everyone says Vanilla Town, because the Mafia are going to lie.

You have to lynch people, even if it might be wrong.  The way people interacted with them, who did and didn't vote, etc. is how you build cases on other players.  It's all circumstantial, but it's all we have.
No no no, I get that. I just don't think I have enough evidence to build a case on anyone. I mean, what type of case do you have on me?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 19, 2015, 07:49:57 am »

Faking newbie stuff.
Refusing to vote after first having odd voting patterns.
Claiming VT.

That's enough for me.  (That last one by itself is enough.)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #579 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:23 am »

I'm also fine with a RR lynch just because lynching a claimed VT is always decent.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 19, 2015, 07:57:59 am »

Hmm. We have about 3.5 days. I'm not loving the RR lynch, but then it's the kind of lynch that always seems to happen on Day 1. Hopefully we can come up with something better before deadline.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #581 on: October 19, 2015, 08:01:30 am »

Hmm. We have about 3.5 days. I'm not loving the RR lynch, but then it's the kind of lynch that always seems to happen on Day 1. Hopefully we can come up with something better before deadline.

I already came up with something better. Ash.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 19, 2015, 08:02:53 am »

ash is definitely better than RR

but that doesn't mean much, since literally everyone except me is a better lynch than RR

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 19, 2015, 08:04:45 am »

Alright.

Vote: ashersky
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 19, 2015, 08:15:03 am »

I'm in.

Vote: ash

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 19, 2015, 08:15:46 am »

oh faust is sheeping this? let's see

first ash has these two posts

Code: [Select]
which are def both super scummy, as I've gone over already

he responds aggressively when jimmm calls him out on it, which is something he'd do as either alignment

he also responds aggressively towards me when I vote him for the two above posts, which is also something he'd do as either alignemnt

(this is a fundamental property of ash I think, his emotions and views take priority over ingame reasons, so lots of things are auto null since they aren't dictated by alignment)

Then he calls out awaclus for being less unhelpful than in previous games. weird. not sure what ... ?

a few jokes

then he pushes RR, which is bad. not that bad though. RR is my strongest townread, but I could see town!ash doing it.

overall it amounts to a decent day 1 scumread for me. also, not a single post of him gives me town vibes.

vote: ashersky

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 19, 2015, 08:42:17 am »

Faking newbie stuff.
Refusing to vote after first having odd voting patterns.
Claiming VT.

That's enough for me.  (That last one by itself is enough.)
So you're calling me a liar? And the first votes were OMGUS. And 'faking' newbie stuff? So you think I'm one of the best Mafia players on the forum?

I feel good about this: Vote: ashersky
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 19, 2015, 08:45:27 am »

that is L-2

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 19, 2015, 08:45:53 am »

I'm in.

I am pretty much always up for an ash wagon, but the people on this wagon kinda make me want to throw up in my mouth when I contemplate joining it... two of my stronger scum reads and HTSNBN... no thanks

plus take this quote from Jimmmm
Hmm. We have about 3.5 days. I'm not loving the RR ash lynch, but then it's the kind of lynch that always seems to happen on Day 1. Hopefully we can come up with something better before deadline.

and sub in ash for RR and that is how I have felt about day1 lynches since coming back to f.ds

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 19, 2015, 08:47:41 am »

oh and now add in an OMGUS on top.... RR is likely town (and even if he isn't I don't want to lynch a newbie today) but that wasn't a good vote...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 19, 2015, 08:54:19 am »

I'm in.

I am pretty much always up for an ash wagon, but the people on this wagon kinda make me want to throw up in my mouth when I contemplate joining it... two of my stronger scum reads and HTSNBN... no thanks

Hmm. We have about 3.5 days. I'm not loving the RR ash lynch, but then it's the kind of lynch that always seems to happen on Day 1. Hopefully we can come up with something better before deadline.

and sub in ash for RR and that is how I have felt about day1 lynches since coming back to f.ds

Has ash been the Day 1 lynch lately (honest question, I haven't followed games I haven't been in)?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 19, 2015, 09:03:33 am »

I'm in.

Has ash been the Day 1 lynch lately (honest question, I haven't followed games I haven't been in)?

I think the only game that is already over were ash was lynched day 1 is in my very first game, were robz drove his mislynch. that's a long time ago.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 19, 2015, 09:20:17 am »

And the last D1 lynch we had on this forum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 19, 2015, 09:21:23 am »

My wagon is full of scummy folks, at least.

I like how SS has all those posts saying everything I've said is null, then calls it a good case.

vote: silverspawn

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 19, 2015, 09:22:40 am »

And the last D1 lynch we had on this forum.

So, twice? Whereas we regularly lynch the loud, unhelpful but pretty obviously Town players on Day 1 (and sometimes later Days too).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 19, 2015, 09:22:55 am »

Regarding my opinion of gkrieg: I could lynch him, but he's not my first choice. I've reconsidered my yuma vote, however. I'd like to be on record that imho vote: roadrunner is a wise course of action (he's my first choice), and we have time for the rest of you to reconsider giving him a D1 pass.

Well, sure, we are all going to reconsider Roadrunner because the wise and mighty chairs said so. It's not like we need reasons or anything.

Man if you can't see why I want to lynch him,  I don't know what to tell you. He's been extremely distracting and I don't feel like I can make any reads based on reaction to him because he's so over the top.

That's not a great reason though.  I really doubt he's scum, and lynching him seems like a waste.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 19, 2015, 09:24:22 am »

Vote: Silverspawn

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:17 am »

I'm in.

I didn't mean ash specifically anymore than you meant RR specifically--obviously RR has never been the day1 lynch before--but the type or style of lynch that I have seen since coming back.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 19, 2015, 09:36:56 am »

I'm in.

I didn't mean ash specifically anymore than you meant RR specifically--obviously RR has never been the day1 lynch before--but the type or style of lynch that I have seen since coming back.

Ah okay. How would you describe that type or style?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 19, 2015, 09:40:00 am »

Weird behavior not scummy behavior + bandwagon jumping.

I don't know bandwagon jumping I don't really mind. It is day1 and I think those sort of interactions end up proving useful. But I think it can ultimately result in a group think sort of mentality where not only do we end up often lynching town day1 (not a huge concern as that is going to happen) we also don't really get anything super useful out of it (a much, much bigger concern)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.