Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136556 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: October 17, 2015, 07:58:03 pm »

If people have questions then they can ask. I feel that what I put out has merit. If others can't see that... well... I honestly don't know how to convince people any more. The case on HTSNBN last game was pretty clear cut, but people refused to listen because I apparently diluted that with talking too much or something, so let's try this method and see if it works...

Well, to be fair, a lot of people were also suspecting Awaclus in that game... for me personally, at some point I felt like you were just too emotionally invested and thus biased and thus I didn't listen to the case. Plus starting D3 you were very suspcious yourself due to the derphammer. Plus you didn't know Awaclus meta yet - at least for me that was something that made me take you less seriously (sorry about that).

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think you're unable to convince people. It was a very specific situation then and now it's very different.

Why am I encouraging you to push a case against me again?

those are fair points... mostly I just don't want to get into a place where I feel a little bit gross about what I am posting (like I did last game) and I was starting to feel that way as I was reading yours and thinking of how I would respond and felt it best to not--at least not at that time and in that setting...

and honestly you wanting me to push my case against you makes me suspect you less...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 17, 2015, 11:36:45 pm »

I'm getting a little bored with the "joking WW feels scummy" kind of argument as it's been demonstrated wrong many many times.  Feels lazy.

Also, Gkrieg getting called out for calling someone not scummy and not voting for them, and then making a big long reads post when he gets a wagon in him, and at the end voting for that person that he got called out before, man that's scumzor mcsumity.

Though if Gkieg is scum and Faust is Town I'll be annoyed because it means I was wrong  and that's never a good time.

Still don't feel great about Faust.  Also Fauat detracting house lynch with a lurker case is auspicious, but he made decent points. Good news is Faust/Gkrieg partner is virtually impossible.

Yuma I have a hard time reading now, because I don't think he's playing like he did before.  Maybe we should all act like we want to lynch him and see how he responds.  Don't tell him we talked about this though.

Ichi is up in the air. Haddock has acted scummier, and man RR is town.

Silver doesn't feel any townier.  Awaclus is we could lynch, I mean why not.

Ash probably not.  Hm... who else?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 18, 2015, 01:01:13 am »

I am probably going to end of voting for Faust, Ashersky or gkreig. Sorry guys, don't night kill me over it please.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 18, 2015, 02:17:15 am »

I'm getting a little bored with the "joking WW feels scummy" kind of argument as it's been demonstrated wrong many many times.  Feels lazy.
I didn't say it to bore you. I've been on different sides of that argument before.
That's just mostly what I remember from your play this game so far, and it stood out to me. I'm not saying jokey WW is a scumtell, cause I think it's established it's not an alignment tell for you. However, on a quick reread of you, a lot of your posts seem like short, witty commentary. Maybe I'm just out of touch and that's also normal.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 18, 2015, 04:23:10 am »

You forget Hydrad, chairs, Jimmmmm. For which I can't really blame you.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 18, 2015, 04:29:44 am »

You forget Hydrad, chairs, Jimmmmm. For which I can't really blame you.

Eh, toss them in the lynchable pile.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 18, 2015, 04:44:36 am »

So WW, you basically have no town read besides ash?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 18, 2015, 04:45:03 am »

Oh, Roadrunner I guess. He's hidden.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2015, 05:55:17 am »

Couple of pages to catch up.

Before anything else, WW I'd like to know what you meant by
Haddock has acted scummier...
Are you saying that I have acted scummier than some other person?  Or are you saying I've acted scummier in this game than I currently am acting?  I honestly don't know which you mean.

That done with:

This yuma vs. faust thing is really hard for me to read.  If they're both scum then they've played this very well indeed.
Overall I think yuma comes out just on top, ie. I think the whole thing makes faust look ever-so-slightly scummy.  But nothing yuma has said against faust has convinced me that the case against gkrieg is less good than it always was.

And now gkrieg has claimed to have a town read on chairs.  This just doesn't make any sense to me.  Chairs hasn't said anything.  I accept that quietness might be chairs's usual behaviour, which is why I'm no longer voting for him.  But seriously, with the amount that chairs has said can anyone really get a town read on him?  Null at best, for me.

All that said, vote: gkrieg.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 18, 2015, 10:15:26 am »

Hey, checking in. As I said in the V/LA thread, busy weekend.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 18, 2015, 11:17:44 am »

I'm checking in. Lynching gkreig doesn't feel great, but I think I might vote for him.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 18, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

I voted gkrieg because I wanted to get reactions specifically from him. Past games show that I am decently good at finding scum!gkrieg, so him posting more would help me quite a bit.

I would like to point out that this isn't true. Faust has found me scummy in the last few games that we've played together regardless of my alignment. He vigged me in Paris mafia when I was town because I was "the scummiest person"

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 18, 2015, 11:33:08 am »

I voted gkrieg because I wanted to get reactions specifically from him. Past games show that I am decently good at finding scum!gkrieg, so him posting more would help me quite a bit.

I would like to point out that this isn't true. Faust has found me scummy in the last few games that we've played together regardless of my alignment. He vigged me in Paris mafia when I was town because I was "the scummiest person"

do you have stats?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 18, 2015, 11:36:54 am »

do you have stats?
No but I've only been scum twice. Once was in fan fiction. The other I subbed in and got lynched like 3 pages later in college town where Faust was my partner. And in fan fiction, Faust was only alive the first day. So I can't really say that he has been really good at finding scum!me

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 18, 2015, 11:49:37 am »

Okay, a lot of you think I am town. Will you guys still think I am town if I don't lynch gkreig and he is Mafia?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 18, 2015, 01:04:30 pm »

So,  just caught up on the last five pages or so.  RR is Morgrim aligned for sure.

vote: yuma I think.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 18, 2015, 01:16:12 pm »

do you have stats?
No but I've only been scum twice. Once was in fan fiction. The other I subbed in and got lynched like 3 pages later in college town where Faust was my partner. And in fan fiction, Faust was only alive the first day. So I can't really say that he has been really good at finding scum!me

I also thought that statement by Faust was odd.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 18, 2015, 01:18:23 pm »

do you have stats?

I also thought that statement by Faust was odd.

Like scummy odd?  Or just odd odd?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 18, 2015, 01:28:09 pm »

Seems like a thing he might say to strengthen his case, which could happen either way.

It's straight up not true, though.  You haven't been scum enough and we killed him N1 that last time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 18, 2015, 01:33:11 pm »

So,  just caught up on the last five pages or so.  RR is Morgrim aligned for sure.

Is that a good thing?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 18, 2015, 02:50:52 pm »

OK so here's my reads list.

Ashersky:  Not said huge amounts recently.  People seemed to find him scummy early on.  I remember thinking him slightly scummy, but can't remember why.  Null-to-mild scum.
Awaclus: Unreadable. I voted for him early, but was happy for his response.  Null, but could lynch him because he's unreadable, if people wanted that.
Chairs: Still not saying much. People say that's normal for chairs.  Therefore null.
Faust: He lied about being able to read gkrieg? I don't like that at all.  Moderate scum, I would be OK voting him if that became a thing.
Gkrieg: Moderate-to-strongly scum.
Haddock: Town!
Hydrad: Isn't saying much.  The most recent posts I can find from him are short and contain very little explanation before jumping on a wagon.  Mildly scummy maybe, but not enough to lynch today I think, there are better candidates.
Ichimaru Gin: Pretty towny, I think.  Thinks my avatar looks "conniving", to which I say MWAHAHAHAHA.
Jimmmmm: Mixed.  I didn't like his short commanding posts early on, but again I rely on other people's assessment that he's usually like this.  So overall null I guess.
Roadrunner7671: Weird. I go back and forth.  I'm with other people who suggest we leave it until a later day to see what he's like then.
Silverspawn: Slightly towny.
Witherweaver: Hasn't said massive amounts.  But what he has said has seemed fine.  Slight town.
Yuma: Null.  Makes some sense about faust, but that doesn't necessarily make him towny.

Just for everyone's reference, here's the vote count as I make it (only 2 changes since the last one, but meh.)
Faust (2): Yuma, Hydrad
ashersky (1): Awaclus
Haddock (2): Jimmmmm, gkrieg13
Awaclus (1): ashersky
gkrieg13 (5): faust, Ichimaru Gin, Witherweaver, silverspawn, Haddock
yuma (1): chairs

Not voting: Roadrunner7671
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 18, 2015, 03:08:06 pm »

Couple of pages to catch up.

Before anything else, WW I'd like to know what you meant by
Haddock has acted scummier...
Are you saying that I have acted scummier than some other person?  Or are you saying I've acted scummier in this game than I currently am acting?  I honestly don't know which you mean.

Scummier than I originally thought.  I had you as an early town read.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 18, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

Jimmmmm: Mixed.  I didn't like his short commanding posts early on, but again I rely on other people's assessment that he's usually like this.  So overall null I guess.

Which posts in particular do you have an issue with? Do you mean you think they're scummy, or you don't like them for some other reason?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 18, 2015, 03:22:44 pm »

Okay, a lot of you think I am town. Will you guys still think I am town if I don't lynch gkreig and he is Mafia?

I don't see any utility in answering this question and thus don't see any utility in you asking it...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 18, 2015, 03:23:43 pm »

silly place for a rvs vote
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.