Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 136608 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: October 17, 2015, 02:38:07 pm »

silverspawn: why change your vote to Hydrad for lurking?  Isn't that what he always does?  And why not change it to me?  Actually you seem more abrasive in the second half of the day than I've seen you as town.

I don't remember that, but I've basically thrown votes around at semi-random this game so far, waiting for anything to give me a big scum vibe on someone.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2015, 03:01:33 pm »

silverspawn: why change your vote to Hydrad for lurking?  Isn't that what he always does?  And why not change it to me?  Actually you seem more abrasive in the second half of the day than I've seen you as town.

I don't remember that, but I've basically thrown votes around at semi-random this game so far, waiting for anything to give me a big scum vibe on someone.

Have you gotten anything yet?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 17, 2015, 03:17:32 pm »

You should read gkrieg's posts more closely.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 17, 2015, 03:28:03 pm »

You should read gkrieg's posts more closely.

I did read your collection. it's not a bad case, I'm just kind or paranoid of sheeping you...

but I'll think more about it soon.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 17, 2015, 04:02:42 pm »

Ok Haddock is putting his vote in all the wrong places. 
Why switch your vote to Hydrad for not contributing and not to me?
I have voted chairs, Jimmm, Hydrad, SS, awa and IG at different times. 
IG was a joke, very early game.
When you and Hydrad were both not here I picked one of you to vote for to get you moving.  Why not vote for you?  Because I couldn't vote for both of you and someone was already voting you, so we had you covered. 

So out of Jimmm, chairs, SS and awa, which votes do you have a problem with?  Or is it just because I indicated that I might think about voting you so you're pushing back at me?

His defending Faust out of the blue is scummy. 
I say again.  At no point did I defend faust.  I simply tried to motivate people on faust to contribute to the game.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2015, 04:09:29 pm »

Ok Haddock is putting his vote in all the wrong places. 
Why switch your vote to Hydrad for not contributing and not to me?
I have voted chairs, Jimmm, Hydrad, SS, awa and IG at different times. 
IG was a joke, very early game.
When you and Hydrad were both not here I picked one of you to vote for to get you moving.  Why not vote for you?  Because I couldn't vote for both of you and someone was already voting you, so we had you covered. 

So out of Jimmm, chairs, SS and awa, which votes do you have a problem with?  Or is it just because I indicated that I might think about voting you so you're pushing back at me?

His defending Faust out of the blue is scummy. 
I say again.  At no point did I defend faust.  I simply tried to motivate people on faust to contribute to the game.

You are just voting for my town reads without having a good reason. Mainly just jimmmm and chairs.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 17, 2015, 04:13:37 pm »

ohhh gkrieg wagons!

this sounds fun. can I vote him? time to check vote counts!

also Haddock is giving me scum vibes right now. not much but maybe I'll see it growing in time...
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 17, 2015, 04:14:19 pm »

ah i got bored and didn't count but i'm pretty sure hes no where near being lynched so

Vote: gkrieg13
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 17, 2015, 04:23:28 pm »

I think your vote puts me at 3

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 17, 2015, 04:45:45 pm »

Gkrieg, I have no justification for voting for Faust, that is why I unvoted. And if you want to think I'm scum, that's perfectly fine. Few other people think I am, and I know that I am not.
Personally, I think you are trying to draw attention away from yourself, but I will make a read list now.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 17, 2015, 04:50:04 pm »

Gkrieg, I have no justification for voting for Faust, that is why I unvoted. And if you want to think I'm scum, that's perfectly fine. Few other people think I am, and I know that I am not.
Personally, I think you are trying to draw attention away from yourself, but I will make a read list now.

When wiuld I not want to draw attention away from myself?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 17, 2015, 04:52:43 pm »

Here is my read:
WW: He seems like town. If he is scum, I think the town will just lose.

Faust: Faust seems very calculated and efficient. I don't think he is Mafia, but I am inclined to think he might be the Serial Killer.

Roadrunner: He seems like town to me.

Ashersky: I think he may actually be scum. He tries to draw attention away from himself, and he seems very mysterious.

Gkreig13: I could hop on his wagon. There is a lot of evidence against him, but I don't really want to anger him just in case he is scum. We'll say slightly scummy for this guy.

Haddock: Probably scum, but I would not lynch a fellow noob on day one.

Awaclus: Town.

SS: I have no idea, but slightly town.

Hydrad: See SS

IG: IG seems like a powerful role. I would not lynch him (him?) unless it came down to my vote, but I generally have bad reads.

Jimmmmmm: He is very fishy. Whether he is a PR or scum, I do not think he is a VT. I am not going to investigate him because I don't want to get lynched.

Yuma: Probably town, but I really don't know. I've never seen Yuma around the forum.

Chairs: Chairs is a huge bully. I think he is a VT who has a death wish.

The end.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 17, 2015, 04:53:13 pm »

Personally, I like to be the star of the show, even if I don't have a PR. It's for fun, right?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 17, 2015, 04:59:32 pm »

Personally, I like to be the star of the show, even if I don't have a PR. It's for fun, right?

That doesn't help people find scum. It's kinda like what awaclus did last game specifically to make town play bad.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 17, 2015, 05:08:20 pm »

That doesn't help people find scum. It's kinda like what awaclus did last game specifically to make town play bad.
On day one, I am not confident that our town can find scum. I made a list to voice my opinion, and I will vote later. That's really all I can do. And maybe I'm trying to be unhelpful on purpose so that I am not a high target for scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 17, 2015, 05:09:15 pm »

ohhh gkrieg wagons!

also Haddock is giving me scum vibes right now. not much but maybe I'll see it growing in time...

Why do you want to vote me?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 17, 2015, 05:09:43 pm »

ohhh gkrieg wagons!

Why do you want to vote me?
Presumably because they think you are scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 17, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »

So I am home on a computer so here is my larger post on faust:

The first instance of me noticing faust occurred here as others have pointed out. This reads list just didn't seem very fausty and I also felt it was too early to be useful and thus more likely to just be something that I could see scum!faust fabricating to appear to being useful and active.

The relevant part of that quote is here (and edited):

Roadrunner7671 - only empty posts. Not posting for a while, but suddenly around when called out on it. Scummy.

gkrieg13 - has gkrieg done anything yet? Null.
Haddock - his defending me is a bit weird. White knighting? Slight scum.

Jimmmmm - yuma has a point. Slight scum.

In that he has some scum reads: RR, Jimmmmm and Haddock (eventually votes for him). I include gkrieg because he then votes for gkrieg next:

I feel like some people need some motivation to contribute... Hydrad, Ichi, gkrieg have been absent.

Out of those, vote: gkrieg because there's no vote on him yet, and I'm a Berlin hipster.

The issue I have with this isn't that faust votes for a lurker to motivate him to participate. It is that he does so when he says he has goodish scummy reads on other players. That is my issue, foresaking scummy reads to vote for a null read when there are other methods to encourage participation (asking for a prod which faust in fact does). This makes it seem even more likely that those so-called reads above are forced and fake because he isn't prioritizing them. It has nothing to do with changing reads like faust said later, because the read on gkrieg at this point hadn't changed. It was a vote on a null lurker.

This null lurker vote then changes exactly one post after gkeirg comes into the game:

I think one of the new guys is scum but I don't want to lunch them today

As you say, Scummy McScum.

No it isn't just a null vote it is a "scummy mcscum" vote, which I am guessing is stronger especially as faust then starts to hound people for doing it. And the thing is.... faust is accusing gk of doing exactly what he did: having scum reads but not voting for them...

Which I agree is really quite scummy. In fact I would say that gkrieg's is scummier as faust's reads were early on in the game, whereas gkrieg's, one would assume, are more solid.

The large post for faust's case against gkrieg just seems like justification for voting as the only real scummy thing I think that is there.

So I am ok continuing to vote for faust, but I can see why gkrieg is scummy, I just don't necessarily like the way that faust got there... which isn't what I thought I was going to say at the end of this bit, but there you have it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2015, 05:31:38 pm »

oh i like that even more

Vote: faust

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 17, 2015, 05:33:15 pm »

I'm not gonna vote until the 20th or 21st.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 17, 2015, 05:33:38 pm »

oh i like that even more

Vote: faust

and you know I am not sure that I do...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 17, 2015, 05:41:16 pm »

Faust: Faust seems very calculated and efficient. I don't think he is Mafia, but I am inclined to think he might be the Serial Killer.
please, no!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 17, 2015, 05:45:50 pm »

please, no!
I really think he is, but I sure hope not as well.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 17, 2015, 05:47:38 pm »

It would be nice if people read all of my posts, if they're going to bother writing up a case on me. Oh well.

The first instance of me noticing faust occurred here as others have pointed out. This reads list just didn't seem very fausty and I also felt it was too early to be useful and thus more likely to just be something that I could see scum!faust fabricating to appear to being useful and active.

Have you read any of my recent scum games?

In that he has some scum reads: RR, Jimmmmm and Haddock (eventually votes for him). I include gkrieg because he then votes for gkrieg next:
[...]
The issue I have with this isn't that faust votes for a lurker to motivate him to participate. It is that he does so when he says he has goodish scummy reads on other players. That is my issue, foresaking scummy reads to vote for a null read when there are other methods to encourage participation (asking for a prod which faust in fact does). This makes it seem even more likely that those so-called reads above are forced and fake because he isn't prioritizing them. It has nothing to do with changing reads like faust said later, because the read on gkrieg at this point hadn't changed. It was a vote on a null lurker.

So, uh... if you had actually followed my posts, you would know that this is rubbish. I was voting for Roadrunner at the time I was writing that post. Then I changed my mind (and said so in thread) and switched to Haddock. But after Haddock posted a bit, he also didn't feel that scummy anymore. So you can go reread and see that I changed my mind on both RR and Haddock. Your real qualm is that I didn't vote Jimmmmm. Who I put down as "slight scum".

I voted gkrieg because I wanted to get reactions specifically from him. Past games show that I am decently good at finding scum!gkrieg, so him posting more would help me quite a bit. I don't buy that town always sticks to their scum reads and never votes a lurker; that's rubbish. In fact, scum is much more likely to go back and ask themselves: "Who should I vote for next? Well, let's look for who I am supposed to have a scum read on..." - Because their reads aren't real, they have a harder time keeping them in their mind, and thus double-check. This is where the saying "inconsistency is a town tell" originates from.

So let me ask you, yuma, what exactly would be my scum motivation for voting gkrieg over Jimmmmm?

This null lurker vote then changes exactly one post after gkeirg comes into the game:
[...]
No it isn't just a null vote it is a "scummy mcscum" vote, which I am guessing is stronger especially as faust then starts to hound people for doing it. And the thing is.... faust is accusing gk of doing exactly what he did: having scum reads but not voting for them...

Which is not what I voted gkrieg for. I voted gkrieg for saying he does not want to lynch his scum reads. If he said "they're scummy, but for now I'll keep my vote where it is for reasons", I would not have had a problem with it. I never said I didn't want to lynch Jimmmmm. I only voted for someone else to help move the game forward, and then that person happened to act scummy.

So what you're ultimately voting me for is my attempts to move the game in a good direction. My early reads list was there to spark discussion - which it did. My gkrieg vote was for reactions - and reactions I got. While all you've been doing in the meantime is going on about how you're soon going to make your big revelation.

PPE: 4
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 17, 2015, 05:50:39 pm »

vote: faust

maybe it is confirmation bias, but what the hell, I am more often right than wrong
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.