Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Game Over!)  (Read 137507 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M70: Switch Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2015, 07:45:40 am »

I still like my vote on ash, by the way.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2015, 07:51:29 am »

I still like my vote on ash, by the way.

Why?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2015, 08:16:15 am »

And if you're scum, obviously claim VT, right?

In this setup, probably.

I don't get it.... At the start of day Jimmmmm was all like "Don't talk about stuff to give hints to the mafia on optimal play strategy" 

and yet here we are with multiple people blatantly giving optimal play strategy for mafia...

And does Jimmmmm, or anyone else that was going a bit over the top, even bat an eye? No. Because it isn't convenient for him to do so right now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2015, 08:18:26 am »

I can't remember... Is wanting to lynch newbies a town tell or a scumtell? If I can't remember that probably means it is neither.

But really I think it was a tow tell cause mafia wouldn't want to risk the wrath of town being upset that you would want to lynch a newbie. I think robs came up with that and it turned out it was generally correct.

Robz wanted to lynch a newbie in M10, my first game.  We lynched him for it because we thought it was scummy.  I was town, so was he.

Since then, we've always given newbies a pass early in the game, and due to that, there's always been a "play up your newbieness" thing for newbie scum.

Ah, I'm not sure I agree. We often give newbie town passes because newbie town does some stuff that is really hard to fake as newbie scum (see: Roadrunner in thsi game). I think we manage to catch newbie scum fairly often. "Playing up newbieness"is often mentioned, but can you point me to a single game where that was a thing?

it was a thing in Samuri 2? Where I was scum with Robz and Ichi. We specifically told Ichi to play up his newbiness, but to do so carefully.... But in general I don't think it is much of a thing, especially after that game where people began to be more aware of players potentially being coached to do it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2015, 08:26:58 am »

The opposite, actually.  All newbs act differently.  I'm just pointing out the gold standard for worst possible performance by a newb (mine) and comparing yours.  If anyone has a worse first game than mine, it's clearly faked.

As the mod of that game I can completely and totally confirm that ash was totally, horribly newb in that game. It was hilarious. But as of yet I don't see why RR is having a worse game than that?

Didn't you not realize that claiming Doctor would have confirmed a lynch on Frisk and then caused a no-lynch that day instead of a lynch on scum?

I haven't seen anything that bad from RR at this point.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2015, 08:56:18 am »

Road is town, I'm calling it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2015, 08:57:37 am »

Silverspawn may be the scumerspawn.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2015, 09:00:53 am »

Man I wish I had a name that had alliteration. WW, SS, RR just seem to have so much more fun than the rest of us...

yummyyuma?

yuppieyuma?

yuletideyuma?

yumayam?

yelpingyuma... that I think is the winner

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2015, 09:01:45 am »

Just flip the m upside-down. Yuuua. 

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2015, 09:05:32 am »

I dont see ss as scummy.
Would like to hear from hydrad at some point, but am happy on chairs for now. It's not like chairs has actually said anything more than hydrad.

Y, Y, Y, de-yuma (babadadadadadahhhh), Y, Y, Y, de-yuma?? Now, before....
On the subject of names, Ash, how do you pronounce yours? In my head I alternate between
uh-SHER-skee, and
ASH-er-skye.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2015, 09:09:53 am »

WW, can you explain what is so suspicious about faust's play? Seems fine to me.

Early on I felt, man Faust has not really done anything, but it was early.  Then he got a wagon on him fast and seemingly without reason, which he didn't really react to (or at least he felt particularly absent).  It's an early wagon and no reason to think it would result in a lynch, but I think scum is more likely to not say a lot and let it fizzle than town is.  Also, it's the kind of thing Faust usually says a lot about.  Then possible issues with Haddock.  And Faust's reads list, which just feels scummy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2015, 09:10:34 am »

We can also always lynch Awaclus, because he is apparently in this game. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2015, 09:19:51 am »

It's an early wagon and no reason to think it would result in a lynch, but I think scum is more likely to not say a lot and let it fizzle than town is.

so he's town?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2015, 09:22:06 am »

It's an early wagon and no reason to think it would result in a lynch, but I think scum is more likely to not say a lot and let it fizzle than town is.

so he's town?

Are you saying I missed something?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2015, 09:33:36 am »

Vote Count 1.3

Faust (3): gkrieg13, Hydrad, Witherweaver
ashersky (2): Awaclus, Roadrunner7671
Haddock (3): Jimmmmm, Faust, Ichimaru Gin
Jimmmmm (1): Yuma
Roadrunner7671 (2): chairs, ashersky
chairs (1): Haddock
Hydrad (1): silverspawn

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

D1 ends October 22 at 7 pm forum time.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2015, 10:07:34 am »

The opposite, actually.  All newbs act differently.  I'm just pointing out the gold standard for worst possible performance by a newb (mine) and comparing yours.  If anyone has a worse first game than mine, it's clearly faked.

As the mod of that game I can completely and totally confirm that ash was totally, horribly newb in that game. It was hilarious. But as of yet I don't see why RR is having a worse game than that?

Didn't you not realize that claiming Doctor would have confirmed a lynch on Frisk and then caused a no-lynch that day instead of a lynch on scum?

I haven't seen anything that bad from RR at this point.

Well, there was that, but that was later in the game (like D3, right?).  My point is that I made a huge setup based error, but didn't do any of that in the game.

Here, we've had RR asking questions like "what's a claim" and claiming VT multiple times and such.  If he's town, he's really fumbling here.  And it won't end up with him eventually catching scum!Frisk.

I was never THAT clueless during the game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2015, 10:20:52 am »

I can't remember... Is wanting to lynch newbies a town tell or a scumtell? If I can't remember that probably means it is neither.

But really I think it was a tow tell cause mafia wouldn't want to risk the wrath of town being upset that you would want to lynch a newbie. I think robs came up with that and it turned out it was generally correct.

Robz wanted to lynch a newbie in M10, my first game.  We lynched him for it because we thought it was scummy.  I was town, so was he.

Since then, we've always given newbies a pass early in the game, and due to that, there's always been a "play up your newbieness" thing for newbie scum.
One could argue that I was 'playing up my noobiness,' but how was I supposed to know that scum does that?

This is the kind of thing that new town is much more likely to say than new scum.

Despite the "playing up noobiness" thing, which really has happened only that one time with Ichi, absolutely (and, seemingly genuine) cluelessness is more likely town than scum.  Scum, after all, get to talk before the game, and a new player is certainly going to ask questions there.  The advice from the scum partners is usually more like "ask a lot of questions, you'll probably get an early pass because you're new", along with some basic strategy, and not like "pretend you were born yesterday".

It's pretty easy to get roped into the "new player is acting so lost that he must have been coached and is faking" thing; it happened with the other new player (Nik) in my first game.

We should lynch outside of Roadrunner, mostly because he's probably town.  And if he's not he'll probably be easier to catch later.  I'm not too keen on lynching Haddock, either.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2015, 11:14:37 am »

WW just made a super towny post.

Must be scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2015, 11:15:05 am »

Sounds solid.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2015, 11:43:07 am »

I for one tend to not like lynching new players on Day1 unless there is an extremely compelling reason to do so. For starters, it just isn't very fun and fun for me has become the biggest part of playing this game. Part of wanting new players to come into games is the hope that they will have fun and stick around and having them just play for a single day before being thrown to the floor isn't a great way to accomplish that.

Maybe I shouldn't put the longterm health of f.ds mafia over this particular day, but I am, unless there is a really, really good reason to do so.

Add to this a lack of meta to read off them often makes them more difficult to read early along with the idea that newer players will be easier to spot the longer they play (this is true of everyone in a sense, but especially true of new players. My first game I played was as scum. I wasn't easy to spot early, but after 3-4 days there was a giant spotlight on me. If the new players are scum, we will probably find them in the next few days...)

So without really good reasons, of which I haven't seen any for either player, I won't be voting for either of the newbies.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 16, 2015, 11:56:06 am »

READZORS:

Witherweaver - Town.
Faust - Not Faust. Not sure what I think about new-Faust yet.
Roadrunner7671 - "Too scummy to be scum... and another level past that where they're scum again"
Ashersky - light-to-moderate Town.
gkrieg13 - null
Haddock - light Town.
Awaclus - light Town.
Silverspawn - null
Hydrad - light Town.
Ichimaru Gin - null
Jimmmmm - light-to-moderate Scum.
Yuma - This is Town!yuma.
Chairs - Innocent Child.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2015, 12:00:09 pm »

Wait...some people are considering lynching me? Geez, I'll stop asking questions.

And by the way, unvote.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2015, 12:01:17 pm »

READZORS
Roadrunner7671 - "Too scummy to be scum... and another level past that where they're scum again"
Is it a suprise to anyone that I have no idea what this means?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2015, 12:31:08 pm »

READZORS
Is it a suprise to anyone that I have no idea what this means?

You're at "Star Wars Holiday Special" on this graph:

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2015, 12:31:43 pm »

Like, I suspect you're secretly a really good Mafia player playing up being a newbie.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.