Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58  All

Author Topic: f.ds Mafia Hub  (Read 174805 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Mafia Hub
« Reply #1275 on: August 11, 2020, 01:03:43 pm »

anyone got dibbs?

Memento Mafia (18 player RMM) will be ready to throw into sign ups later today if I am not jumping the Q
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 11, 2020, 02:46:07 pm »

anyone got dibbs?

Memento Mafia (18 player RMM) will be ready to throw into sign ups later today if I am not jumping the Q

LFG!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 12, 2020, 11:02:56 am »

Considering there are no other normal games open for signups and Marvel is close to ending, Didds and I have a normal game we're gonna run. Unless anyone else wants to jump in the queue first (since I am still running Marvel) I'll open that up later today.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 12, 2020, 02:18:07 pm »

Considering there are no other normal games open for signups and Marvel is close to ending, Didds and I have a normal game we're gonna run. Unless anyone else wants to jump in the queue first (since I am still running Marvel) I'll open that up later today.

do it!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 12, 2020, 04:26:38 pm »

perfect. Give me and LL another couple days to get finalized. It will take mine a while to fill so why don't you throw your's up first and Ill put my RMM up once it is underway :)
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 13, 2020, 11:23:24 am »

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 14, 2020, 09:48:14 am »

Setup idea: Medical Dethy. You just take medical mafia and dethy and mash them into one setup. You have 3 mafia goons, 7 doctors of indeterminate sanity, and 4 cops of indeterminate sanity. Voila: A totally batshit setup for 14 players. Maybe add a serial killer for shits and giggles.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 14, 2020, 03:47:11 pm »

Gonna be opening my and LL's game for sign ups later today!
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 14, 2020, 03:49:41 pm »

Setup idea: Medical Dethy. You just take medical mafia and dethy and mash them into one setup. You have 3 mafia goons, 7 doctors of indeterminate sanity, and 4 cops of indeterminate sanity. Voila: A totally batshit setup for 14 players. Maybe add a serial killer for shits and giggles.

I think we are out of BM puns! love it though.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 14, 2020, 03:50:38 pm »

who ran the awesome BM that pulled the roles from a list of like 150 potential roles? ADK, was that you?
that one was super fun too.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 14, 2020, 03:51:44 pm »

I think we are out of BM puns! love it though.

Replace nurse from medical with a goon and I'm /in.

who ran the awesome BM that pulled the roles from a list of like 150 potential roles? ADK, was that you?

Yes, and that had like 200+ roles or something.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 14, 2020, 04:27:57 pm »

I would be unlikely to run that again
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 15, 2020, 01:29:03 am »

yeah I know you mentioned that before I think. no problem. I was thinking about building off of it. was it a pain in the ass or something?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 15, 2020, 01:30:38 am »

last minute decision to do a small trip for a day and half this weekend. Memento will post for sign ups on Sunday/Monday.
real good. That’s how

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 15, 2020, 08:12:54 am »

yeah I know you mentioned that before I think. no problem. I was thinking about building off of it. was it a pain in the ass or something?

Yeah there was just too many possible interactions to consider.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: August 17, 2020, 03:01:36 pm »

I'm definitely going to run this. WOuld people be more likely to sign up for it if it was marked bastard, role madness, or regular?

Also, MiX, why do you think the setup needs a 4th goon, that seems OP?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 17, 2020, 03:05:15 pm »

I'm definitely going to run this. WOuld people be more likely to sign up for it if it was marked bastard, role madness, or regular?

Also, MiX, why do you think the setup needs a 4th goon, that seems OP?

I feel like 11/3 where everyone is a PR is very good for town, and nurse is a named townie, which helps for the cops. 10/4 seems more balanced with a bunch of cops and doctors around. Maybe just adding a goon would be enough.

What you described is a normal setup, although it could sorta go BM if it turns out it's just silly, which it can with some adjustments.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 17, 2020, 03:06:34 pm »

I think this could be fun, but worry that having people claim Cop/Doc D1 would be too much of a breaking strategy for POE of scum. You could vary the # of cops and doctors but I think you’d still be well off immediately claiming.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 17, 2020, 03:18:38 pm »

What if the Nurse becomes a UB who can be a cop or a doc? I guess that doesn't solve the named townie problem.

I'm not sure how game-breaking a cop/doc claim is. Scum each have to commit to a role, but as long as they don't commit to the same role town doesn't really learn anything. I guess having an odd number of scum does give them a pool to prioritize, so maybe it's better to have 4 scum/15 players total so scum can just split 2/2.

It might also be interesting to give scum a rolecop and an actual doctor. Although at that point I'm really changing the setup.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 17, 2020, 04:24:21 pm »

Ok, what does everyone think of calling it Role Madness and running it with the below rules?

Medical Dethy

A setup for 15 players.

Medical Dethy is a setup created by mashing up Dethy, a game built around untrustworthy cops, and Medical Mafia, a game built around untrustworthy doctors. Town players will be told that they are doctors or cops, but not which. The nurse from Medical Mafia will be replaced with a Universal Backup who inherits the powers of the town player to die, whether that person is a doctor or a cop. The mafia get an extra player as well as a doctor and cop of their own.

The setup consists of:

2 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Rolecop
1 Mafia Doctor
1 (Sane) Doctor
1 Weak Doctor (dies if they target scum)
1 CPR Doctor (saves someone if they would be killed, but kills someone if they would be saved)
1 Paranoid Doctor (effectively a Jailkeeper)
1 Quack Doctor (effectively a Vigilante)
1 Naive Doctor (effectively a VT)
1 (Sane) Cop
1 Insane Cop (returns opposite result)
1 Paranoid Cop (always returns Guilty)
1 Naive Cop (always returns Innocent)
1 Universal Backup

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 17, 2020, 04:28:44 pm »

Replace UB with "Wild Card: This can be any of the town PRs" and I'm /in.

It might be too big for the mindless fun I know Dethy has.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 17, 2020, 04:33:31 pm »

Ok, what does everyone think of calling it Role Madness and running it with the below rules?

Medical Dethy

A setup for 15 players.

Medical Dethy is a setup created by mashing up Dethy, a game built around untrustworthy cops, and Medical Mafia, a game built around untrustworthy doctors. Town players will be told that they are doctors or cops, but not which. The nurse from Medical Mafia will be replaced with a Universal Backup who inherits the powers of the town player to die, whether that person is a doctor or a cop. The mafia get an extra player as well as a doctor and cop of their own.

The setup consists of:

2 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Rolecop
1 Mafia Doctor
1 (Sane) Doctor
1 Weak Doctor (dies if they target scum)
1 CPR Doctor (saves someone if they would be killed, but kills someone if they would be saved)
1 Paranoid Doctor (effectively a Jailkeeper)
1 Quack Doctor (effectively a Vigilante)
1 Naive Doctor (effectively a VT)
1 (Sane) Cop
1 Insane Cop (returns opposite result)
1 Paranoid Cop (always returns Guilty)
1 Naive Cop (always returns Innocent)
1 Universal Backup

I wonder if there's a way to vary the number of cops/doctors, so you don't automatically know how many cops/doctors are in the game. Something like this:

Setup: There will be 4-6 doctors and 4-6 cops, with the following possibilities:
4 docs 6 cops,
5 docs 5 cops,
6 docs 4 cops.

The doctors will be randomly chosen from the following 6 sanities of Doctor (there will not be duplicate doctors)
- (Sane) Doctor
- Weak Doctor (dies if they target scum)
- CPR Doctor (saves someone if they would be killed, but kills someone if they would be saved)
- Paranoid Doctor (effectively a Jailkeeper)
- Quack Doctor (effectively a Vigilante)
- Naive Doctor (effectively a VT)

The cops will be randomly chosen from the following 6 sanities of Cop (there will not be duplicate cops):
- (Sane) Cop
- Insane Cop (returns opposite result)
- Paranoid Cop (always returns Guilty)
- Naive Cop (always returns Innocent)
- Random Cop (results are completely random)
- Aggressive Cop (receives corrent result, but has 50% chance of killing the target)

(The random and aggressive cop are just ideas). This makes it so mafia isn't locked in to choosing 2 and 2, and gives the setup a little less solvability, I think.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 17, 2020, 04:34:27 pm »

- Aggressive Cop (receives corrent result, but has 50% chance of killing the target no matter the result)

EBWOP

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 17, 2020, 04:36:39 pm »

Also, I think the game could still be branded as "normal".

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 17, 2020, 10:41:20 pm »

Also, I think the game could still be branded as "normal".

if you keep it open I don't see why not
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.