Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58  All

Author Topic: f.ds Mafia Hub  (Read 174736 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Mafia Hub
« Reply #1125 on: October 18, 2019, 06:21:17 am »

Can someone tell me how to move a thread from Forum Games into Mafia Game Threads please?
When you are viewing the thread, there should be a button at the bottom left that says "Move topic". You can also lock the thread there.

awesome! thanks!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 22, 2019, 07:17:57 pm »

hey can anyone send me a vote count calculator or something like that please?

swanjchris@gmail.com
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 23, 2019, 05:55:21 am »

hey can anyone send me a vote count calculator or something like that please?

swanjchris@gmail.com

How's your coding? My counter is a messy Matlab script (plus a few helper functions) that you have to be happy editing as you go along, because it doesn't auto-detect day start/end or deaths, since those are a bit too mod-dependent for me to have automated. It also relies on a separately-maintained table of player name aliases, which I can send you if you need to add things, but for some reason I also maintain that data structure through some more Matlab code...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 23, 2019, 11:50:20 am »

Well you can try mine if you want. Ofc I can't promise that it'll work.

You need to have java installed. You probably do already. If not, just type "download JRE" into google and click through to the correct thing on oracle's website.

Then download this, unpack it, and keep it all in the same folder.

mafia.txt is the file where you copy the game's contents that the program reads to generate the vote count. Go to the mafia thread (any page), press print (in the same line as the "reply" button), right-click anywhere and press "view page source", copy the entire stuff unchanged into mafia.txt (delete whatever was there before). Obviously you need to do this every time you want to generate a vote count. You can't take the text file out of its folder, as I said, but you can create a shortcut to it on your desktop; that's how I do it.

Vote Count Generator.jar is the file you run to get the vote count. It takes a few seconds, then the vote count should override what you have currently copied, so when you press CTRL+V it should appear.

The generator searches for previous vote counts from the mod to figure out who's playing in the game, so your game needs to have one properly formatted vote count in order for it to work. Just make the one at the start of each day with everyone not voting. The important thing is that the format Not Voting (14): Player, player, player is adhered to exactly. I just tested it on your game, and it works, so your current vote count(s) are fine. If I remember correctly, then it learns deaths also by looking ad mod posts. So you should write something like "playername has died" and "playername has been lynched" if players die or get lynched, as one does anyway. I've never had any problems with this.

Theoretically, that should already be everything you need to test if it works. if you don't get it to work with this, reading the rest won't help. You can ofc ask if you have problems. Currently, mafia.txt contains source code of your game, so if you have java, it should work by just unpacking the zip and running the jar.

abbreviations.txt stores the nicknames that are allowed for each player. The first name in each line is the one that will appear in vote counts, all other entires are nicknames for that player. (The name itself also needs to be a nickname.) The first one is the only thing where the original casing is used (everything else is always read as lowercase), so for the list of nicknames, casing doesn't matter. If someone new is playing, you need their name in the file (otherwise the generator thinks they're not there). I made sure everyone who plays in your game has an entry, but they may not have the nicknames you want to allow.

colors.txt tells the program which color tags you want around your vote count.

safety.txt you can probably ignore. if you put in a number other than 0, players need to appear at least that many times in vote counts to be recognized. I added it because there was once a game where the mod linked youtube vidoes and credited other players in vote counts and it caused the program to think all sorts of people were playing. (It was probably a poor programming decision to try to parse vote counts at all rather than just having a header like Space does it, but I already implemented it and it works, so...)

The trickiest thing is getting the automatic deadline thing right. Basically, in your first vote count you should write "day 1 ends at {{time description}}" where {{time description}} follows the format in dateFormat.txt. One way to make sure it works is to leave the txt file unchanged and use the exact same format I use in my games. But if you know how, you can also change the txt file to fit the way you format it. I use "Day 1 ends at Sep 1, 06:30 forum time." and correspondingly the file reads MMM d, HH:mm 'forum time.' If it works correctly, the vote count will include the amount of time left to the deadline. (If one vote count has it correctly and others don't, it should still work I believe.) The program will not crash if it doesn't work, so you can still use it, it'll just end the vote count at "with X players, it takes Y to lynch."

Hope that was understandable. If you try it, let me know if it works.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 23, 2019, 01:21:56 pm »

I always just ctrl+f'ed "vote" and had the previous vote count open, then for each vote would update the count.  It worked for me, and wasn't actually that much work.  Make sure to search "vote" and not "vote:", because then you miss unvotes.  Although, if you have a regular expression searcher, you could try to do something more complicated.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 26, 2019, 10:51:45 am »

My RMM is mostly finished and I would like to open in the coming days, unless someone objects.

Can I /in for this yet?? I can see it sitting there looking all tempting, and I love the flavour :-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 26, 2019, 11:54:25 am »

My RMM is mostly finished and I would like to open in the coming days, unless someone objects.

Can I /in for this yet?? I can see it sitting there looking all tempting, and I love the flavour :-)
Sure, singups are open, feel free to take the first slot.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 26, 2019, 12:56:34 pm »

Singups? Uh-oh. Is faust running musical mafia? Glee mafia?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 26, 2019, 01:33:00 pm »

Singups? Uh-oh. Is faust running musical mafia? Glee mafia?

Haha! I hadn't even noticed! Though I'm all for musical mafia :-)

Did I mention I know both Haddock (who introduced me to f.ds for the mafia games) and Maxford (who I've just brought along as a newbie player) through choirs?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 18, 2019, 09:13:32 pm »

Ok friends. You have until let’s say Thursday to sign up for my Bastard game if you haven’t already. I have 10 and will take up to 4 more. I’ll send out PMs Thursday for a Friday start!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 21, 2019, 05:38:54 am »

Random question, but does anyone have an automated way of trawling through the mafia threads to see which games I've been in? I want to update my out-of-date mafia win/loss stats
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 21, 2019, 06:47:14 am »

Random question, but does anyone have an automated way of trawling through the mafia threads to see which games I've been in? I want to update my out-of-date mafia win/loss stats

I don't, but you get a qt with most every game now, you can probably check quicktopic to quickly see the games you played
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1137 on: November 21, 2019, 12:18:47 pm »

Are people here largely anti-cult mechanic? Or is ust a "Use sparingly and be careful with it" thing?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 21, 2019, 12:22:20 pm »

Are people here largely anti-cult mechanic? Or is ust a "Use sparingly and be careful with it" thing?

Second one. I like alignment changes. Although I can see why people might hate it
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 21, 2019, 02:15:31 pm »

Second one. I like alignment changes. Although I can see why people might hate it
I think alignment changes that you have no control over are unfun and borderline bastard. Alignment change by choice can be interesting if doen right, but it's difficult to not make them incredibly swingy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: December 05, 2019, 02:27:09 pm »

I have an idea for a BM Bud Idea mafia.

Anyone want to look at it with me to make sure it would actually be fun and somewhat balanced?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 05, 2019, 08:52:04 pm »

Anyone want to look at it with me to make sure it would actually be fun and somewhat balanced?
No need; I'm in!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 06, 2019, 12:59:55 pm »

idk that I'm an authority on such things, but I will happily give it a looksie.

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 06, 2019, 01:37:06 pm »

idk that I'm an authority on such things, but I will happily give it a looksie.

I'll send it to you.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 10, 2019, 09:50:28 am »

Bud Idea Mafia is open for signups!

Also why did this thread get unstickied?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 11, 2019, 02:56:41 am »

OK - I got the bug from poker mafia - freekin loved running it.

I am almost done making a PIP RMM based on The Hunger Games.

Is anyone in line to launch something big after Faust's izombie?
real good. That’s how

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1146 on: December 11, 2019, 01:49:43 pm »

I'm working on a (hopefully) semi-open Agents of SHIELD game, but it won't be ready for quite a while.

So in for Hunger Games mafia.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 11, 2019, 10:50:39 pm »

if there’s a lull, I might run another Bad Idea game some time. People seemed to love it.

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 11, 2019, 11:55:56 pm »

kaysies... Hunger Games Mafia will be run by me and Galz..... it is... interesting. Requires 16-18 players to start. Galz is in Vegas until Monday... so we will probably post it up for sign ups this weekend if there are no objections.
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 12, 2019, 10:23:50 am »

Galz is in Vegas until Monday

Tell him to put it all on red and let it ride. I hear that usually works out.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.