Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58  All

Author Topic: f.ds Mafia Hub  (Read 173654 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: f.ds Mafia Hub
« Reply #1025 on: November 14, 2018, 04:02:21 am »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 19, 2018, 06:43:49 am »

I'm overdue to run something. Let me think about it tonight...

If we want something small-ish, would anyone be interested in playing Epic Duel? Alternatively, I could run something more standard like asher9++. Preferences?

Unless I think of something interesting soon, you may get radiology as a theme, because I'm feeling otherwise uninspired :-P
Are you going to go through with this? Otherwise I might just open some game so that there is something. But that would mean postponing my RMM.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 19, 2018, 01:22:39 pm »

If we want something small-ish, would anyone be interested in playing Epic Duel? Alternatively, I could run something more standard like asher9++. Preferences?

Unless I think of something interesting soon, you may get radiology as a theme, because I'm feeling otherwise uninspired :-P
Are you going to go through with this? Otherwise I might just open some game so that there is something. But that would mean postponing my RMM.

Hey! Yes, I can open something based on asher 9++, if that suits you? You were the only one who seemed to voice any opinion anyway :-)

Sorry for delay... I was thinking there wasn't much hurry because of how slowly things tend to fill up, and with the US-ian Thanksgiving holiday fast approaching.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 22, 2018, 10:04:10 am »

Hey! Yes, I can open something based on asher 9++, if that suits you? You were the only one who seemed to voice any opinion anyway :-)

Sorry for delay... I was thinking there wasn't much hurry because of how slowly things tend to fill up, and with the US-ian Thanksgiving holiday fast approaching.

I love the ++ setups so i'm in!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 25, 2018, 06:09:52 am »

I've just opened M120: Czech Mafia for business, using asher 9++.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 08, 2018, 11:23:50 am »

Faust, I finished the last Radch book last night! So good!’thank you for the recommendation!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 09, 2018, 03:53:34 am »

Faust, I finished the last Radch book last night! So good!’thank you for the recommendation!
Glad you liked it! I still want to open that game, but think it may be better to wait until after Christmas time.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 09, 2018, 03:10:37 pm »

Glad you liked it! I still want to open that game, but think it may be better to wait until after Christmas time.

The third book, especially, was freaking fantastic. There would be so much you could do that is cool and creative.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 29, 2018, 03:26:52 pm »

I'm getting the urge to run something, something with a dumb theme no one else cares about and a "normal" setup (i.e. with a bunch of VTs). Not sure what yet...

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 05, 2019, 10:09:59 am »

Please do! I think the husband wants to give this mafia thing a whirl so normal would be awesome.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 05, 2019, 02:11:00 pm »

I have at least one good closed setup idea, probably a bunch more floating around in text documents somewhere, need to think of a theme for it. Plus there are some neat open setups I've always wanted to try.

I hate the idea of theme-breakability, so for the record I will make a list of flavor names then roll for which ones will be scum randomly, THEN assign PRs, and if scum want help with what PRs I would have assigned their flavor if they had rolled PRs I give it then.

Anyway, this probably isn't the thread for that, sorry, I might just pick a theme and then decide if it fits any of the setups I have squirreled away well enough.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:19 am »

Greetings!
I have read the rules of Mafia and played hundreds of games of mafia online at epicmafia. However, I have never played forum mafia before. All the mafia games i've played have lasted about 15 minutes. Anyways, I would like to start. Are there any newbie games available? If not, I think i'm experienced enough at mafia to handle a standard game. Where should I begin? What meta should I know before beginning?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 06, 2019, 09:02:33 am »

There's only an RMM (role madness) game open right now, which is really not a good place to start.

Anyone want to run a normal setup?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1038 on: January 06, 2019, 09:48:30 am »

Eh, if you've played hundreds of games already, then I would imagine you can handle the RMM just fine.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 06, 2019, 10:21:28 am »

Eh, if you've played hundreds of games already, then I would imagine you can handle the RMM just fine.
Correct. It’s just the changes from live Nadia to forum mafia I need to do.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 06, 2019, 10:23:26 am »

So sorry for double posting, but I can’t edit posts on mobile. Anyways, I misspelled mafia as “Nadia”. Sorry. Meant mafia. Also, I can play multiple games at once, correct?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 06, 2019, 12:46:08 pm »

Double posting isn't a big deal on this forum. And yes, you can play several games at once.

I could mod something, if no-one else feels up to it, but let's wait a bit first.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 06, 2019, 02:34:12 pm »

I was just thinking about running a normal game around when this one finishes. Could do it sooner if people are okay with me doing it.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 06, 2019, 02:43:25 pm »

I was just thinking about running a normal game around when this one finishes. Could do it sooner if people are okay with me doing it.

You have my approval. Count me in whenever you start it

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 06, 2019, 03:47:55 pm »

You have my approval.
And my bow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 06, 2019, 03:52:38 pm »

gogo

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 17, 2019, 10:29:25 am »

Just got inspired to make a Team Fortress 2 themed RMM. I'm hacking out a Capture The Flag mechanic. This will be very invented but staying just north of bastard although balance can't be guaranteed at least in the first iteration.

General idea is each faction has a scout who attempts a CTF each night with a dice roll on the success. Successful CTF points can be used to purchase certain upgrades. The biggest issue I am having is allowing town to cooperate on the allocation of CTF points without revealing themselves to each other and thereby deducing scum.

I think the game works without the CTF mechanic although that's the actual fun bit that keeps people alive when the otherwise kind of OP roles would lead to a really short game.

I'm super amped about the role ideas but am unsure if I should open the setup or keep closed. I'm strongly leaning towards closed right now.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 17, 2019, 10:58:34 am »

Just got inspired to make a Team Fortress 2 themed RMM. I'm hacking out a Capture The Flag mechanic. This will be very invented but staying just north of bastard although balance can't be guaranteed at least in the first iteration.

General idea is each faction has a scout who attempts a CTF each night with a dice roll on the success. Successful CTF points can be used to purchase certain upgrades. The biggest issue I am having is allowing town to cooperate on the allocation of CTF points without revealing themselves to each other and thereby deducing scum.

I think the game works without the CTF mechanic although that's the actual fun bit that keeps people alive when the otherwise kind of OP roles would lead to a really short game.

I'm super amped about the role ideas but am unsure if I should open the setup or keep closed. I'm strongly leaning towards closed right now.
At some point I considered an RMM that with strong CTF elements. Players would move around a map and the scum would try to steal the flag from town (and vice versa). I abandoned this because I figured it would require a too high level of activity (you'd want to put in move every 24 hours or so).

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 17, 2019, 12:13:08 pm »

I put pen to paper and it looked good so now I'm typing up role descriptions and refining it. It's coming together marvelously. I think it is going to be really good. I'm not balance expert so it may fall apart through some exploitation but all in all I think it is extra good. The CTF points allow modification of the team structure (kind of like dying and respawning as a new role when a particular weakness needs to be addressed).

I'm trying to figure out whether the game can be re-run once all roles and options are discovered. I think this was my actual concern about open versus closed. Regardless, it will be far more fun the first time run as closed. However, if I don't nail balance just right the first go I'd like it to be repeatable with tweaks which would make subsequent games open. It reminds me a bit of Dice Mafia which was one of my favorite setups ever run.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 17, 2019, 07:03:44 pm »

I want to join a game, and check the thread daily for open games. However, I see no games marked "open" or anything of the sort. Are there any open games, and if so, how do I join them?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.