Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58  All

Author Topic: f.ds Mafia Hub  (Read 173616 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: f.ds Mafia Hub
« Reply #1250 on: May 30, 2020, 01:13:53 pm »

I like it! It would be good to have it be a relatively large game so there is time to play out the various angles.
I think it would be good to have a relatively small game considering that there is no player elimination, and otherwise the game thread will get cluttered and it will be hard to keep up. But like up to 13 is probably okay.

I like the idea, but the main issue I see is that there is less information available since we don't have flips. A lot of people around here are having a hard time getting into D1s, and this would make more of the game like D1. Maybe the setup also needs to have a bunch of roles that can do stuff at Night so that there's more information to go around after N1.

yeah no flips but that reveal power is real powerful when used at the right time. to clear 2-3 blobbers at once, and then vote to add people back into the town? powerful

frankly i feel like you want to blobbify town early game to just get a wild amount of clears
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 30, 2020, 01:24:53 pm »

I like it! It would be good to have it be a relatively large game so there is time to play out the various angles.
I think it would be good to have a relatively small game considering that there is no player elimination, and otherwise the game thread will get cluttered and it will be hard to keep up. But like up to 13 is probably okay.

I like the idea, but the main issue I see is that there is less information available since we don't have flips. A lot of people around here are having a hard time getting into D1s, and this would make more of the game like D1. Maybe the setup also needs to have a bunch of roles that can do stuff at Night so that there's more information to go around after N1.

yeah no flips but that reveal power is real powerful when used at the right time. to clear 2-3 blobbers at once, and then vote to add people back into the town? powerful

frankly i feel like you want to blobbify town early game to just get a wild amount of clears

Yeah I was thinking through that, I think that the "return to town" power should probably be once per game at most
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 30, 2020, 01:33:00 pm »

I mean, true, but my argument wasn't really about power level. The problem is that this still takes at least 2 nights, and for that time there is no solid information.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 01, 2020, 07:25:48 pm »

Yo!

1) Is anyone in line for a game rn?
2) Sudgy - What is your timeline for game launch with the exams and all exactly? LL and I need the week to final touch some stuff for Memento, and I just want to make sure we don't have too many going at once :)
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 01, 2020, 07:31:25 pm »

At night The Blob gets an action, this time controlled by majority. They can Reveal, which reveals to the players in the Blob how many Mafia players are currently in The Blob. They can add another player to The Blob. They can expel a player from The Blob, returning them to normal. The same action can't be repeated two nights in a row

Thoughts? Would this be something people wanted to play? What sort of numbers sound balanced?

pinned for this thought - when you say "no flips" you mean like "zero info given". as in not even town vs skum?
real good. That’s how

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 01, 2020, 07:36:22 pm »

Yo!

2) Sudgy - What is your timeline for game launch with the exams and all exactly? LL and I need the week to final touch some stuff for Memento, and I just want to make sure we don't have too many going at once :)

It's looking to be a week from this Thursday.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 01, 2020, 07:37:48 pm »

At night The Blob gets an action, this time controlled by majority. They can Reveal, which reveals to the players in the Blob how many Mafia players are currently in The Blob. They can add another player to The Blob. They can expel a player from The Blob, returning them to normal. The same action can't be repeated two nights in a row

Thoughts? Would this be something people wanted to play? What sort of numbers sound balanced?

pinned for this thought - when you say "no flips" you mean like "zero info given". as in not even town vs skum?

Yes the idea is that since people in the blob are still playing their alignment wouldn't be revealed. There obviously needs to be some mechanism for town to get information though or the game is no fun
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 01, 2020, 07:40:43 pm »

Yo!

I think I was next up in the queue, but am OK letting you jump ahead

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 01, 2020, 10:18:13 pm »

Yo!

I think I was next up in the queue, but am OK letting you jump ahead

nope! no problem! we will need time to work out details anyways, it is all you!
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 02, 2020, 10:34:48 am »

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but there's only one more spot in Stormlight open and then we can start! The setup is completely finalized and ready to be rolled as soon as 1 more player joins!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: June 02, 2020, 12:38:56 pm »

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but there's only one more spot in Stormlight open and then we can start! The setup is completely finalized and ready to be rolled as soon as 1 more player joins!

If it doesn't fill in a week, I'm making a sock puppet account. It will be named hanoethoj.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 02, 2020, 12:47:28 pm »

If it doesn't fill in a week, I'm making a sock puppet account. It will be named hanoethoj.

❤️
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 02, 2020, 01:02:41 pm »

❤️

I mean, we might be able to run it with 17, but I feel like if I remove a player from either faction it'll unbalance it. Maybe galz could get raptor to join, or one of shrarea/awaclus/ash/yuma could hop in as well.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 02, 2020, 02:30:21 pm »

Not hanoehtoj?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 13, 2020, 04:00:44 pm »

Anyone want to open up a normal game? I would but I've got the behemoth that is Stormlight to mod right now.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 13, 2020, 04:11:07 pm »

Anyone want to open up a normal game? I would but I've got the behemoth that is Stormlight to mod right now.

If an experienced mod would want to start a normal-ish game, I'd be open to co-modding with someone. Been thinking about getting involved on that side of things so that when I have time to be present but not enough mental capacity to actually think through and play a game I could still contribute here instead of disappearing.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 13, 2020, 09:19:55 pm »

i can do it, but tomorrow
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 18, 2020, 01:26:25 pm »

If you haven't already, please take a look at this proposal to stop using the word "lynch" on f.ds and share your thoughts.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1268 on: June 18, 2020, 02:53:44 pm »

I'm thinking about running joth's DS9 mafia again with some balance tweaks and rethemed as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. mafia. Whenever there's an RMM opening- no rush.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 05, 2020, 08:54:40 pm »

Is anybody in line for running a normal game? Now that stormlight is over I'm freed up to mod again (and modding is probably my favorite part of mafia)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 06, 2020, 03:47:27 pm »

Is anybody in line for running a normal game? Now that stormlight is over I'm freed up to mod again (and modding is probably my favorite part of mafia)

Since no one responded, M129: Marvel Mafia 2 is open for signups!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 08, 2020, 04:46:51 pm »

I need a replacement in M128. Message me and/or Dylan32 if interested!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 22, 2020, 04:37:27 am »

There has been a mistake in the namings of our RMMs, which resulted in numbers having been used multiple times. To avoid confusion, I would go back and change the numbering there. Let me know if there are any objections.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 04, 2020, 11:15:56 am »

I need a replacement in Marvel Mafia. Please PM me if interested.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 04, 2020, 11:30:00 am »

I need a replacement in Marvel Mafia. Please PM me if interested.
This has been filled. Thanks y'all!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.