Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Poor House and -1$ token  (Read 3667 times)

Alsterschwan

• Swindler
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Poor House and -1$ token
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:42:28 am »
+2

Do i see it right: When the -1$ token lays in front of me and i play Poor House, i get only +3$ and continue from there with treasures check?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Re: Poor House and -1$ token
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:02:31 am »
+2

Yes. The +$4 is reduced by 1, and the treasure check is unaffected.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:47:09 am »
+1

Yeah, Poor House has 2 parts and when you do the first part (get +$4), you apply the -1$.
Then you reduce your total number of $ by Treasures in hand.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +291
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:22:43 pm »
+4

So if I had 18 Copper, Poor House, and a -$1 token, I could play Poor House to get rid of the token(since I can't go past $0), play 18 Copper, and have $18?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 11:51:12 pm »

So if I had 18 Copper, Poor House, and a -$1 token, I could play Poor House to get rid of the token(since I can't go past $0), play 18 Copper, and have $18?

You would have -$15 from the Poor House, so that would leave you with $3 to spend actually.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 12:21:49 am »
+1

You would have -$15 from the Poor House, so that would leave you with $3 to spend actually.

Wrong, you would be set back to $0 before playing any Copper.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:12:07 am »
+8

Correct. You would remove the token and get +$3, lose $18 but be limited to a minimum of $0 (by the text on Poor House, Beyond Awesome), then play $18 for $18.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 12:49:11 am »
+3

Glancing at this, I thought this was a typo and the cost reduction token was meant.  Clearly, Ferry on Poor House is a power play.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 03:20:15 am »

Correct. You would remove the token and get +$3, lose $18 but be limited to a minimum of $0 (by the text on Poor House, Beyond Awesome), then play $18 for $18.
The only way I can see this happening (18 Coppers and a Poor House) would be if someone Swindled your Shelter.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 10:19:11 am »
+2

The only way I can see this happening (18 Coppers and a Poor House) would be if someone Swindled your Shelter.

Or a Goons engine in which you bought Poor House early to ramp up; and built such a strong deck that you could buy 11 Coppers towards the end and were still able to draw your deck the next turn.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:27:38 am »
+5

Good thing they didn't swindle any of your 18 coppers.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 12:41:51 pm »

Or a Goons engine in which you bought Poor House early to ramp up; and built such a strong deck that you could buy 11 Coppers towards the end and were still able to draw your deck the next turn.

Except you didn't draw or play your Goons, according to the scenariob described.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 12:47:55 pm »
+4

Except you didn't draw or play your Goons, according to the scenariob described.

Super unlucky turn; your 10 Goons were the bottom 10 cards of your deck; and you had just enough draw to draw all but 10 cards.

And then you complained that it must be something broken with the Goko randomizer.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:59:04 pm by GendoIkari »

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.