Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Telephone Pictionary II  (Read 1096 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
Telephone Pictionary II
« on: September 17, 2015, 03:27:31 pm »

So this died a year ago, and I think it was pretty fun. Anyone interested in another attempt?

Rules (courtesy of sudgy):
Some of you have heard of this game, and some of you hadn't.  Here are the rules when playing in real life:

1. Each player gets a stack of papers, where the number of pieces of paper in the stack is equal to the number of people playing.
2. Each player writes a phrase of some kind on their paper, then passes the stack to the player to their left.
3. Each player draws a picture of the phrase they got on the next piece of paper in the stack, then passes the stack to the player to their left.
4. Each player writes a phrase describing the picture (trying to be the same as the original, but usually failing).
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until each stack has gone around to all of the players.
6. Reveal each stack in its entirety and laugh at the results.

I've heard of people playing online before, so I thought we could try that here.  Here's how we'll do things:

1. Each player who signs up will be put into random order.  Whoever is next on the list is who you will "pass" things to.
2. Each player will PM the next a phrase.
3. Each player will draw that (details of drawing are a bit later).
4. Upload the image somewhere (I've used imgur before), then PM the link to the image to the next person.
5. Decipher the picture, write the phrase, then PM the next person with the phrase.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 until done.  Keep track of them all and make sure you know what the order is.
7. To draw pictures, you may either draw them in real life then scan it, or draw on an image editor.  You may not use images from something else.  Everything must be original, and probably crappy.  You can't have words or symbols of any type on your pictures.  You may use any file format.
8. Keep everything you are doing secret.  You may not PM anyone other than just to pass it on.
9. In your PMs, write the name of the original writer and what number person you are to look at it to make things easier to order afterwards.  So, say I gave a phrase and sent it to someone, and I say "Sudgy 1", they would draw the picture and send it saying "Sudgy 2", next "Sudgy 3", etc.
10. Once one is done, PM all the results of one of the "stacks" to me.  I'll compile it and post it in this thread.
11. We aren't going to try to synchronize our movements.  I don't see why we need to, so we won't.  Just pass whenever you finish with something.
12. You can't PM the person that sent you something for clarification about something in the phrase itself ("Is that supposed to be such-and-such?" etc.).  You can PM them about some other random thing.
13. Send your things to the next person and the original person.  When it is finished, either the original person can compile them here or they can send it to me and I will.
14. One more rule, keep it clean.  Even if a picture looks like something, it shouldn't be, so find something else it can be.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Telephone Pictionary II
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 02:07:27 am »

/in

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 02:18:16 am »

Doing this by forum is messy, maybe you guys could all make drawception accounts and we can do private games there?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 11:06:39 am »

Drawception?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 01:18:42 pm »

Just tried it, and I really don't like the 10 minute timer.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 05:35:01 pm »

Yeah, Drawception seems much sweeter way.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:20 pm »

Just tried it, and I really don't like the 10 minute timer.

What I don't like about Drawception is that it doesn't let me submit it until I wait at least, like, 2 minutes or something.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.