Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Card Idea - Shady Dealer  (Read 2213 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Card Idea - Shady Dealer
« on: September 10, 2015, 10:48:40 pm »
+2

I was just thinking how much better Raze would be if you could get Coppers to cost more.  Same with Salvager, Bishop, Apprentice...  So why not put a cost-raising effect onto a card?  The card itself would need to be able to take advantage of that in some way, so I present to you:

Shady Dealer
- Action

Trash a card from your hand.  Gain a card costing up to more than it.

---------------------------------------------

When you gain this, you may move your + cost token onto a Supply pile (cards from that pile cost more during your Action phase).

This would also combo with Graverobber - want to get your Squires or Embargoes back?  Buy a Shady Dealer!
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1207
    • View Profile
Re: Card Idea - Shady Dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 11:30:14 pm »

Would this idea work better as an Event? This is not a card that you'd normally buy more than one copy of, anyway, as the Remake part is pretty weak.

But as it is, this card is essentially a weaker version of Rats--i.e. a card that turns junk into more expensive junk. Graverobbering Squires sounds nice, but normally, wouldn't I rather have a Gold or Lab out of the trash than a Squire?

I do like how it synergizes with itself, but it's weaker than any other TFB card at actually trashing-for-benefit (even if you include the pseudo-Expand effect.

For example, say you put the token on Copper. Ok, your Bishops get an extra VP when they trash copper, but you have to 1) have the Bishops collide with Copper, and 2) have not trashed Coppers earlier. Once you've cleared out your Coppers, you then have to have lots of copies of another card available, then buy another (fairly useless) Shady Dealer and then have your spam card again collide with your TFB's.

Ok, this combos great with Fortress and Rats, but not much better than TFB already combos with those cards.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:48:25 pm by Marcory »

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 12:15:08 am »

Insane idea: there are multiple +2 cost stacks. Ergo, The cost of copper might be as high as $4 when you gain a 2nd Shady Dealer. It could get pretty strong pretty fast... Perhaps we could balance this by having +1 cost instead of +2, or choosing to trash Shady Dealer if we take the +2 cost option.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 05:17:32 am »

Insane idea: there are multiple +2 cost stacks. Ergo, The cost of copper might be as high as $4 when you gain a 2nd Shady Dealer. It could get pretty strong pretty fast... Perhaps we could balance this by having +1 cost instead of +2, or choosing to trash Shady Dealer if we take the +2 cost option.
Huh?  The tokens definitely don't stack as it stands, it's really not that super strong.

Or are you suggesting that it gets changed so that things can stack?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 05:42:55 pm »

Huh?  The tokens definitely don't stack as it stands, it's really not that super strong.

Or are you suggesting that it gets changed so that things can stack?

Yeah, he's suggesting a change.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.