Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M69: GOP Mafia (Russian Agents win!)  (Read 100856 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
M69: GOP Mafia (Russian Agents win!)
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:21:43 pm »

Welcome to M69: GOP Mafia!

Mod: faust comod: ashersky

Yes, I resisted the urge to make this number a NSFW theme. But if somebody else wants it, I will gladly change this to M70.

Anyway... This is an open game for 13 players. I will however not release the whole setup during signup phase in order to push all theory discussion to the actual game. Some information is already contained in the second post though.

Players:
1. gkrieg
2. Witherweaver
3. ashersky
4. chairs
5. UmbrageOfSnow yuma
6. Hydrad
7. EgorK
8. XerxesPraelor
9. Joseph2302
10. silverspawn
11. Edmund
12. Teproc
13. Twistedarcher

Spectators tagged: scott_pilgrim, yuma, Archetype, skip wooznum

Day starts/ends:

General rules

Changes to the usual rule sets are marked in olive.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable, as is self-quoting. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last 7 days, Night lasts 48 hours. As an exception, Day 1 will last 10 days, and is followed by a special power distribution phase that will last 24 hours. Night actions are due one hour before the deadline.
2. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Not lynching on two consecutive Days is only allowed if there has been a kill the Night between. Otherwise, instead of no lynch, a random town player will be lynched. Similarly, the mafia may only forfeit their night kill two Nights in a row if there has been a lynch in between.
10. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, olive text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement under rule 3.9 without further notice.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. Players who fail to post for 48 hours without an announcement multiple times risk being subject to replacement and/or being modkilled without further notice.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT.  Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:10:54 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:21:56 pm »

Setup:

3 Mafia Goons
10 Townies

The Mafia has a factional Neapolitan (investigates Vanilla Townie/non-Vanilla Townie) and a factional 1-shot Ninja.

Mechanics:
At the end of D1, after the lynch, there will be a special power distribution phase lasting 24 hours. The thread will be locked during this phase. Each town player must vote for one other player, and each town player may send in the name of a PR of the list below. If exactly one eligible player picked a PR, their role will change to this PR, and the PR can be used starting that night phase. If two or more eligible players picked he same PR, nobody will get it.

Whether or not players are eligible to pick a PR depends on the number of votes they received. The possible PRs are distributed across 3 tiers, the 0-tier, the 1-tier and the 2-tier. The number of each tier is the maximum number of votes a player may have received to be eligible to pick this PR. If any player picks a PR, but has more votes than the number of the tier, it will be counted as though they had not picked any PR.

0-tier: Jailkeeper
1-tier: Babysitter, Hidden Odd-Night Bomb
2-tier: Voyeur, Neighbor, Neighbor

Clarifications on town PRs:
- If a player gets the Hidden Odd-Night Bomb, they will not be informed that this happened.
- There are two Neighbors. Thus, the role will be distributed if there are 1 or 2 eligible players that have picked it.
- Neighbors can talk at all times, starting Night 1.
- Voyeur returns the exact roles that have targetted the player in question. If that player has been targetted by the factional kill, it will return "factional kill".

The mafia does not take part in the power distribution phase. However, they may choose to pick a special power to affect this game phase. They may choose 1 of the following powers (or 2 if the Day 1 lynch was mafia) during the power distribution phase:

BLOCK: The mafia chooses a player. That player is not eligible to receive a PR.
BLEND IN: One mafia player may participate in the power distribution phase as though they were a normal Townie. That player is eligible to receive a PR.
KNOWLEDGE: At the end of the power distribution phase, the mafia is informed about all PRs in the game.
DOUBLE REDIRECT: The mafia picks any player. All votes that were cast on that player during the power distibution phase are instead reflected back to the players that cast them, and count double.

Clarifications on the mafia factional abilities:
- the Neapolitan is able to detect all town PRs including the Hidden Odd-Night Bomb.
- the 1-shot Ninja circumvents all powers that trigger upon being targetted: If the Babysitter is Ninja-killed, their target will not die. If the Bomb is Ninja-killed, it will not trigger. If the Voyeur watches the target of the Ninja-kill, they will see nothing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:20:30 am by faust »

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 02:36:16 pm »

sounds fun.  I hope I'm Trump

/in

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 02:37:04 pm »

/in

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia (will not start before September 24)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 03:16:29 pm »

/in for Faust games.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 03:20:34 pm »

Ooo, modified Charge Me Up maybe.

/in

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 03:31:18 pm »

/tag

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 04:12:42 pm »

/in and /in hard.

Why do I feel like that comment about theory discussion is aimed at me?

And let's be honest, we all want to be Trump.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 05:56:27 pm »

/in and /in hard.

Why do I feel like that comment about theory discussion is aimed at me?

And let's be honest, we all want to be Trump.

Oh don't worry, it's not. The previous time I ran a setup like that, someone proposed a strategy for everyone to follow pregame. It's less of an issue here, since there's supposed to be talk before roles get selected, but I think it's more exciting this way.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 07:41:19 pm »

/in
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 08:20:52 pm »

Crossing my fingers that GOP mafia means "republican presidential candidates" mafia.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »

/tag

If it ends up being anything like this I could be a sub as long as I am dead in the other game I am in.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 10:31:24 am »

With LotR not happening in near future - /in

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 12:10:25 pm »

/in

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »

/in
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 04:57:51 pm »

I'm wander/ing

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia (will not start before September 24 - 3 spots left)
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:36 am »

/tag

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 08:44:21 am »

Note that I added a paragraph to the rules htat will be in effect this game.

8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. Players who fail to post for 48 hours without an announcement multiple times risk being subject to replacement and/or being modkilled without further notice.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 02:08:34 pm »

Hm, I just realised I'm going to be LA from 28/9-2/10, does this mean I should out?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 05:44:27 pm »

Hm, I just realised I'm going to be LA from 28/9-2/10, does this mean I should out?

Announced LAs are fine. It's unannounced leaves I want to punish.

Edmund

• Pawn
  • Keklord
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia (3 spots left)
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:30 am »

/in if im eligible to

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia (3 spots left)
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 12:52:34 pm »

/in if im eligible to

You are eligible as soon as you read the Civility Plegde and have pledged there.

Welcome to the forums! We're always happy to welcome new mafia players.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M69: GOP Mafia (2 spots left)
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 07:32:57 pm »

In order to get more people to sign up, additional setup information has been released. See second post for details.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 09:11:36 pm »

Having spent way too much time thinking about setups like this, I want to say that I really like this.  It solves a lot of things I was worried about!

Maybe that endorsement will draw in 2 more players?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 10:10:06 pm »

So you vote against people you don't want to get a PR, right?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 19 queries.