Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Dominions cards - buy  (Read 14590 times)

Micha1980

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
Dominions cards - buy
« on: September 09, 2015, 07:55:47 am »

Hello @all,

I really get nerved right now.
Why?

I wanted to buy all those cards in the browser Version; 45 $.
But I cant, buying cards in this kind of Dominion are not longer available.

Is there someone who are able to give me his account (yes, I would pay)?

Pls let me know in PM.
Maybe other hints u have in mind.

Thx u so much.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions cards - buy
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:12:35 am »
+1

Hello @all,

Why?

Pls let me know in PM.

Thx u so much.

Unfortunately, the current browser version of Dominion Online is deprecated -- it's still available currently to play, but not for much longer. The new version has already been released as a downloadable client (playdominion.com has the download link), and will be available in a browser version later also. In this version, the cards are available for purchase.

Micha1980

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:20:13 am »

Hello @all,

Why?

Pls let me know in PM.

Thx u so much.

Unfortunately, the current browser version of Dominion Online is deprecated -- it's still available currently to play, but not for much longer. The new version has already been released as a downloadable client (playdominion.com has the download link), and will be available in a browser version later also. In this version, the cards are available for purchase.
I know, but if u remember the old Price (45$) ... now the Price is sth about 90$.
But if u had paid the cards in the old Version the admin are able to convert it to ur account in the new (beta) Version, so that all Cards u buyed before are now available.
Is there any possibility to buy all These Cards for 45$?
Maybe someone has an old account?
Pls let me know.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:20:19 am »
+1

If you buy the cards on the new version and message the people from Making Fun, they will manually transfer your cards to the Goko web client.

http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?7327-Purchasing-an-expansion-and-the-old-version-of-Dominion

EDIT: what you're suggesting may not be legal.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:29:22 am »

Yeah, unfortunately you can't buy and sell accounts.

I would just pick up the expansions one at a time. At least on Goko, this only worked out to being $6 or $7 more than buying them all at once. It makes it easier to learn all the cards and it helps smooth out the effect on your wallet. With the new pricing structure this might not be as economical.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 08:34:26 am »

How much do the expansions cost individually now?

Is DA still the most expensive?

Micha1980

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 08:37:47 am »

How much do the expansions cost individually now?

Is DA still the most expensive?
The old Price: 45 $
the new Price: ca. 90 $

But, all People who paid before can talk to the admin and he will copy all those Cards in the new Version FOR FREE.

So I asked to have all those Cards in the old Version, but they are not longer available.
And so I asked here what I might gonna do here.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 08:42:31 am »

You are out of luck.  You cannot buy the cards in the old version anymore.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Micha1980

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 08:45:51 am »

You are out of luck.  You cannot buy the cards in the old version anymore.
Thatīs what I dont wanna read ...

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 09:10:29 am »

If you buy from another EU citizen MF would be in breach of EU law if they decided to intervene (see Oracle vs. UsedSoft ruling, Wikipedia).

I'm not sure whether I want to sell my account but I'm seriously fed up with their joke of a software so feel free to pm me an offer and I'll at least think about it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 10:52:37 am »
+3

This is really no different than any other product or service that used to cost one amount, but now costs more. A few months ago you could have bought something for $45, and if you did you'd still have it. Now the same thing costs you $90. It sucks if you missed your chance to get it cheaper, but it happens all the time, and isn't something unique to Making Fun. Same thing can happen in the opposite direction... you bought something for $1000 when it came out, and a couple months later the exact same thing now only costs $700. You should have waited, but you had no way of knowing. It could have just as easily gone up to $1500 instead of going down.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 10:54:28 am »
+6

We'll, you could argue that the product being worse after the prize increase is a difference.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 11:06:01 am »
+2

We'll, you could argue that the product being worse after the prize increase is a difference.

True; in fact it's really a different product. If anything, I see this as an issue of paying for something and then not getting to keep that thing. People who payed for the browser version of Dominion will soon no longer be allowed to play the game that they paid money to play. As a consolation, they get "free" access to a different/similar game that normally costs more than what they paid. But still, if I had paid any money for the Goko version, I'd be pretty upset that I won't be allowed to keep the thing that I bought.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 12:28:10 pm »

True; in fact it's really a different product. If anything, I see this as an issue of paying for something and then not getting to keep that thing.

Except it's not a physical thing. It's not even analogous to a "non-physical" thing like an eBook or an MP3, both of which can be perpetually kept independent of who you purchased them from (unless you're buying DRM-laden crap that phones home or something).

Online Dominion is more like a license to use a service (like Spotify). Except in this case instead of a monthly fee, there's a perpetual license. One significant downside to the perpetual license pricing model is when the service goes away sooner than you anticipated.

When doing a cost/benefit analysis you should make a reasonable assumption about how long the service will be around and be of use to you. Expecting it to be around forever isn't reasonable, but I'm not sure what the bounds of "reasonableness" are for something like an online game.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 02:31:08 pm »
+2

So what you're saying is that I should base whether I make my investment on the track record of the group I'd have the license with? Hmmmm..

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 03:40:29 pm »
+1

True; in fact it's really a different product. If anything, I see this as an issue of paying for something and then not getting to keep that thing.

Except it's not a physical thing. It's not even analogous to a "non-physical" thing like an eBook or an MP3, both of which can be perpetually kept independent of who you purchased them from (unless you're buying DRM-laden crap that phones home or something).

Online Dominion is more like a license to use a service (like Spotify). Except in this case instead of a monthly fee, there's a perpetual license. One significant downside to the perpetual license pricing model is when the service goes away sooner than you anticipated.

When doing a cost/benefit analysis you should make a reasonable assumption about how long the service will be around and be of use to you. Expecting it to be around forever isn't reasonable, but I'm not sure what the bounds of "reasonableness" are for something like an online game.

This is true, and I guess that part of my point is that it doesn't make sense to pay a one-time fee for a service that can become unusable. Unless that one-time fee were so small that it were the same as just paying monthly for a couple of months.

cyberkev63

• Swindler
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 05:50:40 pm »
+1

I was just getting ready to post a new thread, but I saw this one and I think my question fits pretty well here.

I've posted the following on the Making Fun forum, but I thought I might get a quicker/better answer here:

A friend has asked how much it would cost to have access to all the cards.  However, I cannot seem to find the prices for the sets (and individual promo cards) anywhere, because I already own them all (purchased when they were first available on the original implementation).

Could you please provide a breakdown of the cost of each set and each promo card, as well as any package deals that may be available?

cyberkev63

• Swindler
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 09:34:56 pm »
+2

David answered my question (Thanks, David!) on the Making Fun forum.  Here is his reply, with some clarifying additions by me:

Promo cards (there are 6) are 15 Ducats each.

These expansions are 75 Ducats: Alchemy, Cornucopia, Guilds.

These are 150 Ducats: Hinterlands, Intrigue, Prosperity, Seaside.

Dark Ages is 200 Ducats.

Ducat costs are as below. Completing your collection in one go (1115 Ducats) is $89.99 USD (leaving you 85 Ducats left over).

15 Ducats = $1.99 USD
80 Ducats = $7.99 USD
160 Ducats = $14.99 USD
450 Ducats = $39.99 USD
700 Ducats = $59.99 USD
1200 Ducats = $89.99 USD
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:45:57 pm by cyberkev63 »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 12:16:23 am »
+14

Man, I know Goko did this too, but having a fake little currency that forces you to overspend on what you want to buy is a really garbage move on Making Fun's part. It's adding insult to the injury of doubling their prices while reducing the game quality.

Micha1980

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 04:52:16 am »

Man, I know Goko did this too, but having a fake little currency that forces you to overspend on what you want to buy is a really garbage move on Making Fun's part. It's adding insult to the injury of doubling their prices while reducing the game quality.
totally SIGN!

I really pissed of, that I canīt buy the cards for the old price. BUT I can still play in the old version.

Micha1980

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 04:54:10 am »

David answered my question (Thanks, David!) on the Making Fun forum.  Here is his reply, with some clarifying additions by me:

Promo cards (there are 6) are 15 Ducats each.

These expansions are 75 Ducats: Alchemy, Cornucopia, Guilds.

These are 150 Ducats: Hinterlands, Intrigue, Prosperity, Seaside.

Dark Ages is 200 Ducats.

Ducat costs are as below. Completing your collection in one go (1115 Ducats) is $89.99 USD (leaving you 85 Ducats left over).

15 Ducats = $1.99 USD
80 Ducats = $7.99 USD
160 Ducats = $14.99 USD
450 Ducats = $39.99 USD
700 Ducats = $59.99 USD
1200 Ducats = $89.99 USD

Btw: the price for the cards in the browser-version cost 45 $.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 08:51:42 am »

If DA is 200 Ducats, I wonder if Adventures will cost the same. For people with no Ducats in their account, that would come out to $21. A bit pricey, but I am willing to pay that if they can actually get the thing to work nicely and not be slow.

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 11:07:30 am »
+5

If DA is 200 Ducats, I wonder if Adventures will cost the same. For people with no Ducats in their account, that would come out to $21. A bit pricey, but I am willing to pay that if they can actually get the thing to work nicely and not be slow.

I wonder if they'll get a decent working version of Adventures up while I am still alive to play it. I'm in my early 40s and in fair to middling health.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 11:47:36 am »
+5

As libertarian as I generally am, I might actually support regulations that makes virtual currencies illegal under the same reasoning as other scams and false advertisements are. People should have a right to a clear view of how much a product or service actually costs, without being forced to go through a system designed to hide what you're really spending.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 12:22:27 pm »

As libertarian as I generally am, I might actually support regulations that makes virtual currencies illegal under the same reasoning as other scams and false advertisements are. People should have a right to a clear view of how much a product or service actually costs, without being forced to go through a system designed to hide what you're really spending.

You're not forced to do business with the company at all though.  You are free to walk away.  Capitalism is handling this issue on its own, Hearthstone lets you buy products for cash directly in an upfront manner and is meeting wild success.

Are you sure you're a libertarian?  If there's any dishonesty regarding the virtual currency, sure, that's an issue, but when a company tries to jerk you around and play games with you, you don't need the government, vote with your dollar.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.