Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 197233 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1275 on: September 24, 2015, 06:06:38 pm »

This was your vote for him:

Vote: Witherweaver

He's certainly a better lynch than me.

yeah... you really, really, really wanted him dead. I mean... your argument. SO GOOD! Who could disagree with a case like that. And you were SO CONVINCING! Wow! just wow.

My read on him changed later.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 24, 2015, 06:07:12 pm »

thanks for telling us. Or was I suppose to read it somewhere between the lines...?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 24, 2015, 06:07:57 pm »

Vote: TA

Let's see if this guy is around.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 24, 2015, 06:08:25 pm »

SCUM TO CHUM TIME!

We need to do the ol' rank'em&weep, I think. I'll get a list up as soon as I have a long break at work.

Why?  Specifically why now?

I feel like it's a good way to functionally break out of the circlejerk-y feeling this game has developed (at least for me).

I don't even like, want to read posts anymore, because it seems like it's just the same argument being shoved around like dog poop on hot pavement.

I'm not saying the argument isn't valid, or that the arguers are even poor at arguing, I'm just saying that my eyes are starting to glaze over.

YMMV.

This is mostly on Awaclus, Ash, and Yuma IMO.  There's scum in there.

Anyway, it feels to me like a somewhat productive circlejerk, and I'm worried readslists will lead to us all just posting them and then sitting around and not saying anything else.  Most of us have a fair amount of reads out there, those lists are mostly good when no one is willing to put out anything I think.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 24, 2015, 06:08:32 pm »

and it is funny that I am the one going back and doing the digging and finding the posts. Why aren't you doing the digging and bringing these super clear posts to light if you are so convinced that they were so clear and obvious?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 24, 2015, 06:09:11 pm »

sorry, I'll stop posting for a while. But bored at work... nothing else to do...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1281 on: September 24, 2015, 06:09:32 pm »

thanks for telling us. Or was I suppose to read it somewhere between the lines...?

You were supposed to realize it when I started arguing against him.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1282 on: September 24, 2015, 06:09:58 pm »

and it is funny that I am the one going back and doing the digging and finding the posts. Why aren't you doing the digging and bringing these super clear posts to light if you are so convinced that they were so clear and obvious?

Because you're already doing it so there's no point in me doing it again.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 24, 2015, 06:11:46 pm »

Awaclus, can you point to something you've done in this game that you don't believe you would ever do as scum?

Yeah, I know, now that you say you'd never do it as scum you'd obviously want to do it as scum, whatever.  Ignore that.  Look back at your posts and point out the one with the strongest not-scum narrative.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 24, 2015, 06:15:23 pm »

Interesting though that you think this would occur to me as scum (and that I'd be bold enough to try it).

In rank order of players in this game who are willing to take interesting and daring scum risks:

PPS > WW > faust > ashersky > TA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> yuma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else.

I'm not sure what I've done to rank that high, though I wish I took more interesting and daring risks as scum.  Faust definitely ranks higher than I do.  I guess I take risks with bussing, but I don't know with what else.  Scum always feels like there is more on the line than Town does; it's harder to feel free.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 24, 2015, 07:09:27 pm »

This afternoon's posts seem to be going in circles. I'm not sure that everyone involved is town but I'd lead to the majority being town.

I definitely agree with the point of view on WW that he posts without concrete opinions D1, but he does this regardless of alignment.

Awaclus' reasoning on why he's town seems to basically boil down to "I'm town because I'm town". It's a useless defense because both town and scum want to act like scum.

Out of all the people posting recently I'd rather lynch Ash. Yuma is still town but not as towny as yesterday, now that I know PPS flipped town I'm paranoid he's buddying me. Still not lynching there but not an ironclad read anymore.

Hydrad still seems towny, Chairs too. No clue on UoS. Awaclus and WW are scummy but I always read them scummy and I need to work more to separate their gameplay from meta in this game.

Would lynch Jimmmm for lurking. Is he the only lurker? I don't think anyone else has been more inactive than usual.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 24, 2015, 07:10:29 pm »

I am, just lost motivation after D1 a bit. I was sure and lost a lot of the wind in my sails after the flip.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 24, 2015, 07:11:12 pm »

I am, just lost motivation after D1 a bit. I was sure and lost a lot of the wind in my sails after the flip.

This sounds scummy.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 24, 2015, 07:11:25 pm »

Going to re-read for more concrete opinions on WW and Awaclus. I need something better than "their metas confuse me" and I will work to come up with a better viewpoint than that.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 24, 2015, 07:12:28 pm »

This sounds scummy.

We always say that stuff like this is scummy, and post-flip reactions, but are they actually scummy, or are they just stereotypical things that don't have any relation to alignment?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: September 24, 2015, 07:14:04 pm »

This sounds scummy.

Like seriously. Put yourself in my shoes.

You're town, and you're SURE on someone D1, and they flip and you were completely wrong. Wouldn't you be frustrated and demotivated and want to take a step back?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: September 24, 2015, 07:19:53 pm »

You're town, and you're SURE on someone D1

That's the problem.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 24, 2015, 07:20:43 pm »

This sounds scummy.

I agree.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 24, 2015, 07:24:13 pm »

This sounds scummy.

We always say that stuff like this is scummy, and post-flip reactions, but are they actually scummy, or are they just stereotypical things that don't have any relation to alignment?

Well either you're telling the truth or it's fabricated. Either way, you're painting a picture of yourself being Town, which is what scum wants to do. And how often is Town certain of a flip on Day 1?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 24, 2015, 07:28:35 pm »

Well either you're telling the truth or it's fabricated. Either way, you're painting a picture of yourself being Town, which is what scum wants to do.

I agree with this. And if I may interrupt is a focal point of my view about Awaclus above :). But the difference is the context. TA comes in and sees that WW had voted for him saying "let's see if he is around." Later TA does come back and in response he explains. It might be true, it might not be true. We can't really know without seeing a flip.  Whereas above I feel that Awaclus used a statement that could be scummy or could be townie to paint a picture of himself being town that is verifiably not true.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Vote Count 2.2
« Reply #1295 on: September 24, 2015, 07:54:01 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

Awaclus (3): UmbrageOfSnow, yuma, chairs
Witherweaver (3): gkrieg13, Awaclus, ashersky
Twistedarcher (2): Hydrad, Witherweaver

Not Voting (2): Twistedarcher, Jimmmmm

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Oct 02, 03 PM forum time. That is in 7 days and 19+ hours.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 25, 2015, 02:10:50 am »

Based on the end of Shakespeare, I need to rethink some stuff.

Ash, does that game have much to do with your not liking the Awaclus lynch?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1297 on: September 25, 2015, 05:38:57 am »

Awaclus, can you point to something you've done in this game that you don't believe you would ever do as scum?

Yeah, I know, now that you say you'd never do it as scum you'd obviously want to do it as scum, whatever.  Ignore that.  Look back at your posts and point out the one with the strongest not-scum narrative.

Well, I haven't posted a lot because I didn't pay a lot of attention to this game, so there's very little to point out, but that itself is something that I don't think I would ever do as scum. I think it's also pretty clear now why the Shakespeare mafia took precedence for me — I was scum there, so it was the more interesting game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 25, 2015, 10:41:52 am »

What's different for you?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 25, 2015, 11:02:13 am »

Awaclus seems very different that game to this game.  He seemed a lot more involved there.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.