Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 197150 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Final Vote Count Day 1
« Reply #1100 on: September 21, 2015, 03:53:58 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 1

Awaclus (2): Witherweaver, Jimmmmm
Witherweaver (2): ashersky, gkrieg13
pingpongsam (7): Twistedarcher, faust, yuma, UmbrageOfSnow, Awaclus, chairs, pingpongsam
Twistedarcher (1): Hydrad

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 1 closing Flavor
« Reply #1101 on: September 21, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

… they fell onto an expanse of white nothingness. Normally, this might have been a strange and potentially frightening thing, but right now, all Twilight could feel was immense relief that the music was no longer there. Her eyes filled with tears of joy, she leaned forward and drew Pinkie Pie into a hug.

“This... this is the most beautiful moment in my life.” Pinkie sniffed. Twilight smiled, and just nodded. There were no words powerful enough to give justice to her relief.

“Well,” she said once they had calmed down – which, admittedly, had taken over a minute. “What now?”

“I have no idea. But this place is pretty boring.”

'Boring' was certainly one was to describe it, Twilight thought. There was literally nothing there, no floor, no ceiling or sky, no walls, no objects of any kind. The only exceptions to this were Twilight herself, Pinkie Pie, the book, her quill, and her pot of ink.

Due to the lack of better options, Twilight kneeled down with a sigh, opening the book at a random page.

'Ah, you made it. Now, due to the relatively long time since our last visit...'

Twilight blinked at that, but then she just shrugged and continued,

'… I have come up with an idea for how to progress this uniquely constructed story. At least, sort of. Your first task will be to find the other players.'

That was all there was. After a few moments, Twilight attempted to ask the book written questions, hoping it would answer her like it had just done a few moments ago, but the book remained quiet. Tonguing the insides of her mouth in thought, she sat down on a particularly comfortable spot of whiteness (which was entirely indistinguishable from any other one, but still), and began to slowly spin the quill in her grasp.

“Pinke... any idea on how we can get more of our friends to this place?” It was worth a try.

“Nopy-dopy-lopey.”

“Mh...”

“Or wait, what if you just write it into your book?”

“I... guess?” Twilight's gaze switched between Pinkie and the book, until something in her mind clicked. “Yeah, actually, that's probably it.”

Twilight dunk the quill into the ink and floated it above the other page of the book, but instead of writing something, she put the quill onto the, well, nothingness beside her, and closed her eyes for several seconds. Eventually, she lifted it back up and began to write.

'It was a sunny day in Ponyville. Rarity was working on a dress, because making dresses was what she did for living. All was normal, when suddenly, a portal opened up beside her. Although she didn't know what was going to happen, she still felt curious, and so she went through it.'

Twilight's left eye twitched. The art of describing a subject in an analytical, factual, and compact manner, and the art of writing fiction were two very different things, and somehow, even though she had no comparison, she knew that what she had just written wasn't very good... at all.

And nothing had happened, either.

Twilight tensed her lips, her heart filled with a mixture of embarrassment and frustration.

“Pinkie?”

“Hmmm??”

“Can you read this out loud? Maybe it makes a difference.”

“Sure.” Much quicker than Twilight had anticipated, Pinkie snapped the book from the nothing and began to read.

“'It was a sunny day in Ponyville. Rarity was working on a dress, because making dresses was what she did for living. All was normal, when suddenly, a portal opened up beside her. Although she didn't know what was going to happen, she still felt curious, and so she went through it.' Wow, Twilight.” Pinkie giggled. “That one of the worst things I've ever read.”

Twilight blinked at the blunt insult of her story, the surprise at hearing something like this from Pinkie blocking out any anger that might have been there, or any disappointment upon the realization that, once again, nothing had happened. For a few seconds, she found herself wanting to react somehow but not knowing what to say.

“Hnnnnnnnnnnnnmgggggeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh...!!!!” Twilight spat, but then, suddenly, something caught up to her, and she looked back at Pinkie and laughed, and Pinkie didn't take long to join in. Somehow, someway, Twilight had forgotten how much fun her friends could be. Her friends, and life, and everything.

Even this stupid nonsense that was going on right now.

Still chuckling, she turned back to the book. The answer was, after all, rather apparent, and she shouldn't have to think too hard to find it. The whole point the book had been making over and over was to avoid any sort of contrivances and be honest with the reader. Thus, it was unlikely to appreciate an arbitrary made-up portal that only served as a plot device.

'Rarity will now be put here, because I need her to complete this task.' As soon as Twilight had written that, the fashionista appeared beside her. 'And she will also know everything relevant so that we don't have to bother with exposition,' she added spontaneously.

“Afternoon, dear.” Rarity waited until Twilight had finished writing, then she stepped closer and gave her a short hug. “Say, how about we make this place a tad more... pleasant?”

Twilight shrugged. “Sure. What should I write?”

A pleasant tingling from the overarching sun slowly crept up Twilight's cheek. With a stifled giggle, she  stretched herself onto the couch, watching as Rarity wrote one final line into the book. As soon as the quill lost contact to the page, a multitude of palm trees sprouted out of the ground at breakneck speed, much to the delight of Fluttershy who, after a surprised squeal, couldn't be quick enough to fly out and examine them.

“Who'd have thought you'd  give us so much... nature?”

“Why, whatever could  you possibly mean by that?” Heaving herself upwards, Rarity raised an eyebrow at Twilight's remark. “Nature, dear, is a tremendous source of inspiration, just as long as-”

“You don't have to get your hooves dirty?”

“Precisely.” Rarity practically beamed, walking up to the railing of the little terrace whereon Twilight's couch was situated to adore the tremendous outlook. Behind them, Pinkie loosened herself from the remainder of the group, looking to take Rarity's spot as the prime mover of their little paradise.

“Well...” Twilight gave Pinkie a somewhat nervous glance. “This is all nice and beautiful, but it doesn't really help us to progress, does it?”

Rarity, who was still facing away from her, just shrugged at that, but Rainbow and Applejack moved over to take their seats on the couch beside Twilight.

So, what'cha wanna do then?

“I think we should-” But she interrupted herself. A sudden sinking feeling hit her breast, and she knew instantly that something had gone wrong. In fact, they had lost one of their players. But how..

With a cold chill running down her neck, Twilight lit her horn to remateralize directly in front of the book, shoving a surprised looking Pinkie away.

'You still have not found all players,' it read, 'but now one of your team members died. It was...'

Twilight gave the book a disbelieving stare, then her eyes wandered up to what Pinkie had written. Something inside her protested even before her mind drew the connection to what the book had said, and slowly, very slowly, the truth began to sink in.

“Pinkie Pie...” Twilight closed her eyes, doing her best to stay calm. "Congratulations. You just managed killed Grammar.”

“Uhm..” Pinkie gave a nervous giggle. “... ... ... oupsie?”

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Night 1 start
« Reply #1102 on: September 21, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »

pingpongsam has been lynched. He was Grammar, a Vanilla Townie.

Night 1 begins now and lasts until September 23, 3 PM forum time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 2 opening Flavor
« Reply #1103 on: September 23, 2015, 03:34:39 pm »

“I'm really sorry, Twilight.”

“It's... okay.” Twilight had her eyes squeezed shot, rubbing her brow with her telekinesis. “It's not really your fault. The... book has some strange ideas. None of us could knew that we would lose a player just by...” She left the sentence unfinished. Turning around and opening her eyes, she saw with a shock that Pinkie's hair had become straight in the few seconds since she had last seen her. “Hey, Pinkie, it's fine. Really. I'm not mad.”

Pinkie nodded, but she didn't seem convinced. “It's just... I know how important winning this is for you, and I don't want to ruin it.”

“No, of course not.” Twilight took a step forward, carefully taking her friend into a gentle embrace. “We can still win this, too. It's just one player.”

Nopony said anything else, and for a while, Twilight was content with just holding the mare before her, and watching the outlying fauna.

Seemingly out of nowhere, an idea began to shape itself inside of her mind. Slowly, her gaze shifted back towards the book. If the book was capable of calling her friends to this place...

Her ears perked up. From somewhere far away, she could hear the distant tunes of a song. But it was entirely unlike the dissonant and jarring notes that had let her here; this one was soft, gentle, beautiful... but also full of pain, and somehow, someway, she knew that something precious had been lost. A dream forgotten. She could feel tears dwelling up inside her eyes. She did not understand.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:41:18 pm by silverspawn »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 2 start
« Reply #1104 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:13 pm »

faust has died in the night. He was Somnium Obmutum, the Universal Backup.

Day 2 starts now and ends at October 2, 3 pm forum time.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #1105 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:04 pm »

Well.  Not a surprise.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #1106 on: September 23, 2015, 03:43:36 pm »

Well.  Not a surprise.

No, not really... although I did a whole workup in my qt on different scenarios where faust could be mafia. lesson learned... wait until night is over to do the work.

But here are the reads I put down from last night pasted from the QT...

faust - there might be a way that he is fakeclaiming, but will see if he is NKed, regardless not a lynch for today unless something really weird goes down.
gkeirg - similar to faust, but probably more believable given his claim was first
TA - don't follow PPS's logic on this, still feel he is town, and the argument yesterday was town v town.
WW - scummier feel now
Awaclus - nothing has led me to believe that he is town, probably main person I would lynch today
chairs - on townier side, but less so after end of yesterday
Jimmmmm - not sure, not enough content to really tell
UoS - felt like he was townie, but given flip could see him as a person nudging along a mislynch. But probably not a main candidate for today
Hydrad - came off townier toward the end of the day

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1107 on: September 23, 2015, 03:48:26 pm »

You left me, and only me, off your list.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 23, 2015, 03:48:45 pm »

So you had no read on Ash?

PPE: ~

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 23, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »

You left me, and only me, off your list.

cause we are scum buddies!!!! ... no we aren't...  :(

you are pretty null still, as you always are day1. I am hoping to get a read off you today at some point

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: September 23, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »

Well,

Vote: Yuma

Not sure about TA, though I would say if Yuma is scum then TA looks worse.  Awaclus I still feel scummy on. 

Chairs null, Hydrad closer to null now.  I don't really have anything on Jimmmm or UoS.  Gkrieg, Ash town. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 23, 2015, 03:59:04 pm »

And we are back!

Vote: TA

is my feeling. Although I doubt it will go anywhere now as I think PPS and faust were the only 2 that wanted to vote him with me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 23, 2015, 04:01:55 pm »

And we are back!

Vote: TA

is my feeling. Although I doubt it will go anywhere now as I think PPS and faust were the only 2 that wanted to vote him with me.

That's convenient for him.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 23, 2015, 04:44:47 pm »

Hmm. I had honestly anticipated the Mason to die, rather than the UB.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Day 2 opening Flavor
« Reply #1114 on: September 23, 2015, 04:46:10 pm »

Her ears perked up. From somewhere far away, she could hear the distant tunes of a song. But it was entirely unlike the dissonant and jarring notes that had let her here; this one was soft, gentle, beautiful... but also full of pain, and somehow, someway, she knew that something precious had been lost. A dream forgotten. She could feel tears dwelling up inside her eyes. She did not understand.

Emmure is better though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 23, 2015, 04:50:13 pm »

Hmm. I had honestly anticipated the Mason to die, rather than the UB.

I think it's a setup-based kill for the scum team.  They know it's a minimum 3 Ms (since faust wasn't one of them).  If they figure it's a good chance the whole setup is only 3 Ms total (i.e., 1-shot strongman instead of full strongman), no need to PR hunt -- it's two masons plus faust, and then it's about killing the most dangerous townie.

I think if they had a full strongman, they'd be looking for more than just masons out there, and might PR hunt.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 23, 2015, 04:51:09 pm »

We now also know it's a minimum 3 Ms.  Other PRs out there (if they exist, can start extrapolating setups).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 23, 2015, 04:51:53 pm »

Well,

that's not nice. I am guessing this vote is more a continuation of  how you felt about me yesterday than any information provided by the flip?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 23, 2015, 05:33:42 pm »

Ugh, I can't believe I was wrong. Need to re-read D1 to reorient myself.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1119 on: September 23, 2015, 05:35:17 pm »

I told you we should have lynched WW.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 23, 2015, 05:35:51 pm »

Well,

that's not nice. I am guessing this vote is more a continuation of  how you felt about me yesterday than any information provided by the flip?

I expected Faust to die, so that didn't really change anything.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 23, 2015, 05:36:29 pm »

I told you we should have lynched WW.

I guess if you're just determined to lynch Town no matter what.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 23, 2015, 05:45:35 pm »

I meant PPS's flip.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1123 on: September 23, 2015, 05:48:17 pm »

Vote: Witherweaver

He's certainly a better lynch than me.

This is the only time you said we should have lynched WW... and then you promptly changed your vote to PPS.

vote: awaclus for everything (strike that, the complete lack of everything yesterday) and for trying to remove himself from the PPS wagon and start up a new lynch today by giving himself undue credit that he was "right"

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 23, 2015, 05:48:58 pm »

I meant PPS's flip.

Well, if PPS were scum I'd reconsider you today.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.