Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 80  All

Author Topic: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Game over, Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 197214 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Signups Open, 3 spots left)
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 12:29:17 pm »

Um.

I came to /in, but realised I was on the list already.

How did I get on the list, ss?

/in now anyway.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 12:31:48 pm »

Um.

/in now anyway.

oh, it looks like I accidentally put you in when I went through the initial list of /in's

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Signups Open, 1 spot left!)
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 01:31:52 pm »

Well, I hate open setups and especially asher because everyone else seems to parse what the setup is and I can't  but, since it is that time of the year... /in
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 01:37:55 pm »

Well, I hate open setups and especially asher because everyone else seems to parse what the setup is and I can't  but, since it is that time of the year... /in

You just like closed setups because you've set the stage for a completely believable fake claim, no matter how crazy it sounds.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 01:40:34 pm »

Um.

/in now anyway.

oh, it looks like I accidentally put you in when I went through the initial list of /in's

Hmm well there you go. Happy ending I guess.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 02:29:05 pm »

You just like closed setups because you've set the stage for a completely believable fake claim, no matter how crazy it sounds.

To be fair, well, ok then, you got me. But.. no, you got me. I'm just sayin... well, you got me. Although there have been some crazy claims of mine that turned out to be true. But yeah, you got me.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Full, PM's going out soon)
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 04:09:43 pm »

With this playerlist, the odds are probably better that you'd wind up scumbuddies with someone who understands the details of the setup than not!  So just ask your scumbuddy.

Out of unrelated curiosity, how do you feel about semi-random open setups where you can figure out what the chances of things are easily?  Is it the openness that bugs you, or the specific method a few of them use with the rolling letters that bugs you?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 04:11:47 pm »

/sendmemypmcat
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 04:32:30 pm »

With this playerlist, the odds are probably better that you'd wind up scumbuddies with someone who understands the details of the setup than not!  So just ask your scumbuddy.

Out of unrelated curiosity, how do you feel about semi-random open setups where you can figure out what the chances of things are easily?  Is it the openness that bugs you, or the specific method a few of them use with the rolling letters that bugs you?

Yeah, I don't care for open setups period. The ones that can be solved by the logical, clear headed ones I like even less. I favor RMM where it's about interaction and night actions. The thing about logical certainties is that they detract from gut-reads and interfere with playstyles intended to solicit responses for later inspection. That is, I find open setups quite constraining. Nevertheless, I have played some fine games with open setups and I can hope that this shall be one of them. I am really feeling the player lineup.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 04:32:41 pm »

/sendmemypmcat

PMCat is an actual cat who comes to your house with a hand-written PM message tied to a string around his neck.  It's cute, but it becomes a bit of a pain if you're allergic to cats.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 04:33:35 pm »

you'd wind up scumbuddies with someone

Yeah,

Vote: PPS for admitting to being scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2015, 04:34:15 pm »

To be fair, well, ok then, you got me. But.. no, you got me. I'm just sayin... well, you got me. Although there have been some crazy claims of mine that turned out to be true. But yeah, you got me.

I was referring to your Dice Mafia claim, where you were town and... trying ... to tell the truth.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »

The PM cats are also a pain when your own PM cats get territorial.  It just becomes a mass of fluffy fur, teeth, claws, and letters.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 04:41:10 pm »

/tag
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »

Thread locked except for /tags.

PM's are going out now. They may not quite be what you expected... but I regret nothing. Flavor is independent of roles and randomly assigned to players. Not necessarily independent of alignment, but scum will have fakeclaims where necessary.

Game starts 24 hours after everyone has confirmed!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 05:09:13 pm »

/tag
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 07:41:47 pm »

Short notes about the PMs:

Wincon's are not included, they're in the rules. Role description is only partly included, but everything works as normal in this seutp - should you have any questions, ask ahead.

Town players have personal QT's, scum just has the factional QT.

There is also no basic format for PM's this game, they all look a little different, but remember that asking syntax questions to other players is forbidden either way.

Waiting for confirmations... Thread still locked.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Full, PM's out, waiting for confirmations)
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2015, 11:35:32 am »

All Players have confirmed. Night 0 begins now and ends at Friday 11th, 11 am Forum Time.

No Actions can be performed during Night 0.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 1 opening Flavor
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:07 am »

'The essential thing about fictional writing is to value the intelligence of your audience,' Twilight read, a slight frown making its way onto her face. 'Following this concept not only simplifies the writing process due to the absence of contrivances, but it can also be used stylistically to great effect. If, for example, you want a character present or absent, you should never come up with a reason for it just to have a reason. Three's a Crowd was terrible, not least because it spend half its running time getting rid of the cast which it didn't even have to include in the first place-'

“Hi.”

Twilight's body jerked around, wincing hard. “Pinkie! What in Celestia's name are you-” But she stopped, abandoning her line mid-sentence and turning back towards the book.

'... in the first place. See, this is a perfect example. I could have made up a lame reason for why Pinkie is now here, but why do that? If I had done it, the readers who know her character are just going to get annoyed because I used her randomness as a plot contrivance.'

Blinking several times, Twilight grasped her quill in her telekinesis, putting it onto the sheet.

'But what happens if I ask her why she's here?'

“Pinkie,” she said simultaneously, “How did you get here?”

“Dunno. I was just talking to Gummy and then – SWOOPS – I suddenly stood here!”

'Yes, well. Here we have an exceptional case where the reader is also a character, but it doesn't take away from the concept. Plus, do you honestly think that every time a writer claims that character A went to place X because of a specific thing, this specific thing really happened? Who determines that he didn't simply teleport him there and came up with a reason in retrospect? In fact, the only way for said reason to hold true in the story itself is if the writer discovered it as a logical progression in his story, and then had the character be at place X because of it, rather than the other way around. Anyway, this is all marginal. The main point of-'

Twilight stopped reading. 'Wait a moment,' she wrote at the bottom of the page, before turning back around.

“Pinkie? How come you are so quiet?”

“Oh?” Pinkie giggled. “Well, it's just that what you're doing seemed super-duper important, and I didn't want to interrupt you, especially cause I came here all uninvited and without even planing to myself, but if you want I can totally talk more and-”

“No, no, that's fine.” Twilight gave a smile. “Actually, it'd be great if you stay quiet for just another minute. I appreciate it a lot. This is really important, uh...” Her frown deepened. “I think.”

'- all of this is a different one. It is an opportunity – a game you'll be playing, but I can't tell you the rules just yet... ha, ha, ha, see what I did there? See how everything could be ruined by lying to you here? No, as you will guess I simply have not thought of any rules yet. We will do this all spontaneously. I'll come up with stuff, and you must try to do whatever I have in mind. But you have to, uh, find the... whatever they are, and deal with them somehow. That should be enough. Yeah. The music will push you to start, but you may read along for as long as you can endure it. Oh, and you can try to find your partners, too.'

Twilight stared at the paper, unsure if what she read was making sense or not.

“Pinkie... can you keep yourself busy for a while longer?” Pensively chewing her lip, Twilight flapped a few pages of the book, watching as text appeared in whichever page she opened. “I need to... huh?”

'Pacing is the most overrated concept in writing,' said the book, but Twilight payed it no mind. 'You aren't reading anymore, are you? Well-'

Something... was there. Something so mercilessly disgusting, so indeterminably abhorrent, that she did nothing at first, simply staring into the air while the horror gradually pierced through the soft blanket of anesthesia with which her shock had covered her mind. It took her a full twenty seconds to realize that it was music... music that squealed, screeched, and then crunched, and then it screamed, and then it snarled. Twilight's hair curled upwards, something walked up her throat, slowly, steadily. “Uh, uhhhhhhh....” She could feel her eyes tearing, every muscle in her body cringing under the merciless onslaught.

'No-one actually cares about pacing, it's just a term people like to throw around to feel smart. If every section in your story is fun to read, then it doesn't matter how long-'

But Twilight had long stopped reading, pushing the quill onto the paper in quiet desperation.

'GET ME OUT OF HERE!'

“Pinkie?” Twilight called, her vision bleary under the tears she couldn't suppress.

“Twilight?” Pinkie Pie rushed up the stairs, her hair straight, her face full of horror. But then, just as Twilight was about to say something it stopped.

“Ah...... ... ... ... AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!” Twilgiht screamed in pain as it resumed,

a deep and false growl over a mercilessly simplistic beat. “Nooooooo!!!”

“Twilight, make it STOOOOOOOPPPPP!!”

She could feel Pinkie Pie running towards her, the pain carved deeply into her skin, when suddenly...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Day 1 start
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:29 am »

Day 1 starts!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Vote Count 1.0
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:37 am »

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (12): chairs, UmbrageOfSnow, Witherweaver, gkrieg13, yuma, Awaclus, ashersky, faust, Hydrad, TwistedArcher, Jimmmmm, pingpongsam

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on September 21, 3 PM forum time.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M68: Fanfiction Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 11:06:40 am »

Hooray!

Vote: Yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 11:07:22 am »

hya guys.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 11:13:38 am »

So I have been gone about a year...

Anything I need to know? Anything change? Who is still around, anyone else disappear? has this setup been played since raerae and I were destroyed day1/2 long, long ago...?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 11:20:19 am »

Hello.

What the hell with the flavor?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 20 queries.