Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Slaughtered by Pirate Ship, Rescued by Adventurer  (Read 799 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Slaughtered by Pirate Ship, Rescued by Adventurer
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »
+1

Here's a recent game where I was sure to lose, due to my own mistakes and my opponent's lucky Pirate Ship. Instead, I won narrowly, with a card that rarely does much good: Adventurer. http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/08/game-20120108-165548-cd187470.html

I opened Envoy/Silver, and planned to pick up Farming Villages, Markets, and Gold. Fairly conventional. My opponent went for Pirate Ships, which struck me as a mistake, because Markets are of course a great way to accumulate +$ without buying Treasures. Unfortunately, I bought Gold anyway, and paid for it. The first two Pirate Ships hit my Gold and my Silver, we split the Markets 6-4 in my favor (which isn't nearly favorable enough), and I wasn't able to play my Farming Villages and Envoy in a beneficial order.

Fortunately, Adventurer helped me draw enough Treasures to eek out Provinces on two occasions (I treated my Adventurer like a Silver that couldn't be trashed by Pirate Ship). It was enough to get me a narrow win--probably the only time I've ever been happy to have Adventurer in my deck.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.