Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First Adventure: Naxx or Blackrock?  (Read 3069 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
First Adventure: Naxx or Blackrock?
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:40:21 am »

So the release of TGT cut into my save-up-to-700-gold plan (I bought a bunch of new packs), but I'm back to saving up now.  I don't want to pay real money for Adventures, so this is how it's going to go.  So, which Adventure should I start first?

A few people have recommended Naxx first, but looking at the cards made available by the first chapter of each, it basically comes down to Haunted Creeper and Maexxna vs. Grim Patron (which would make my Warrior actually playable), Gang up, and Emperor Thaurissan (which seems to be in 75% of the decks I play against).  So why do people recommend Naxx first, when Blackrock seems to clearly have better cards in the first chapter?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: First Adventure: Naxx or Blackrock?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:56:15 am »

I think the typical recommendation is all wings of Naxx and only the first wing of BRM unless you want specific cards from later on in BRM (like Imp Gang boss).

If you need something to round out your Warrior deck, then yeah you'd want to go for first wing of BRM first.

You forgot about Nerubian Egg in the first wing of Naxx though. That's a staple for Zoo decks.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:14:27 pm »

You have to finish 4 wings of Naxrammas to get Death's Bite, which is in a whole lot of ways the Truesilver of Warrior and the glue that holds any deck the class makes together.  So you can get Grim Patron and Thaurissan now, but you won't actually be all that much closer to having a good warrior deck until you finish Naxx anyway.  So it makes more sense to start with Naxx.

Unless you have all the pieces to a Freeze Mage or Control Priest or Ramp Druid that would be able to use Thaurissan without needing Naxx cards as part of the strategy, I'd recommend you start with Naxx.  Naxx cards will help you play effective Zoolock and Facehunter decks, which are types of decks that are much easier to build with an incomplete collection than Warrior is.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:46:27 pm »

So the release of TGT cut into my save-up-to-700-gold plan (I bought a bunch of new packs), but I'm back to saving up now.  I don't want to pay real money for Adventures, so this is how it's going to go.  So, which Adventure should I start first?

A few people have recommended Naxx first, but looking at the cards made available by the first chapter of each, it basically comes down to Haunted Creeper and Maexxna vs. Grim Patron (which would make my Warrior actually playable), Gang up, and Emperor Thaurissan (which seems to be in 75% of the decks I play against).  So why do people recommend Naxx first, when Blackrock seems to clearly have better cards in the first chapter?

You cannot play Patron without Death's Bite. And that's Naxx wing 4. You also have Unstable Ghoul in Naxx 2 or 3.

BRM is kinda better than Naxx 1, but I still think that Nax till 4 and BRM till 1 is the best, except if you really want something specific (Flamewaker is BRM 4, Impgang BRM 2, and all dragon synergy cards BRM 5).

Nax 4 gets you Sludge Belcher, Loatheb, Death's Bite, Dark Cultist, Deathlord, Void Caller, Duplicate, Creeper, webspinner, Egg, Zombie Chow, Mad Scientist.. all the good stuff actually.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:49:33 pm by Grujah »

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure you don't have to buy the wings in order. So you can look up which cards you want and buy that wing.

Also, Meaxnna is terrible.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 03:12:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure you don't have to buy the wings in order. So you can look up which cards you want and buy that wing.

Also, Meaxnna is terrible.
I'm pretty sure you have to buy the wings in order.  We are at an impasse.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 09:11:07 pm »

pops is right.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 10:17:02 pm »

Huh. Interesting. I'd still say Naxx of Blackrock. Grim patron decks are 1. hard to play sometimes. 2.not interchangeable with any other decks. wong 1 of Naxx has cards that can go in more than 1 deck, like Creeper.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 06:07:36 pm »

But first Blackrock wing has Emperor Thaurissan, which seems to be pretty good...
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 08:25:05 pm »

But first Blackrock wing has Emperor Thaurissan, which seems to be pretty good...
He is pretty good, in the same way that Sylvanas is pretty good in hour typical deck. He's easily replaceable so long as you aren't building a combo deck. The Naxx cards are more versatile and have stood the test of time so far.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.