Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Season 10 - Game Reports & Discussion  (Read 12333 times)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Season 10 - Game Reports & Discussion
« on: August 23, 2015, 04:50:30 pm »

If you want to write about a game you or someone else played during the league, or post links to video coverage, please do so in this thread.

If you've lost a game and want to ask for advice, please post it here.
All your questions will be answered.
Join the Dominion League!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10 - Game Reports & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:16:55 pm »
+2

I'm going to try this for every game I play, because I'm not improving anymore and criticizing my play directly afterwards (with others maybe) is the best way to fix my problems.

1st game:

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150825/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1440553953451.txt

Code: [Select]
Masterpiece, Watchtower, Armory, Ironworks, Spice Merchant, Butcher, Catacombs, Knights, Outpost, Soothsayer
I was stuck with 5/2, so I decided that going for some sort of Butcher/Soothsayer Gold trash thing for Provinces was best in my situation. I opened Soothsayer/-- while Funk opened double Silver. I think I would have opened Spice Merchant/Silver, but maybe that was bad? I doubt it. Anyways, I think Butcher/-- was a better opening in retrospect. I'm not even sure Soothsayer/-- is better than Spice Merchant/--. Ugh. Something that did not help was Funkdoc constantly trashing my Soothsayer twice with his Knights. He also trashed Dame Anna and I didn't hit much of his things with my desperately bought Knights. I lost track of my plan, I didn't know what to do anymore, I hate Knights, blah. I still don't know what to do here, really. It feels covered in Knight trash luck, but that's over 63% incorrect odds wise, and I just probably made worse suboptimal plays (as usual).

Second Game:

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150825/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1440554279677.txt

Herbalist, University, Masterpiece, Woodcutter, Conspirator, Island, Catacombs, Counting House, Minion, Stash
There's not much to write about this game, except that I should have opened Woodcutter/Potion over Silver/Potion. I lost the Minion split 6/4, which easily sealed my fate. Nothing I could have done here to be honest.

Third Game:

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150825/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1440555678935.txt

Herbalist, Scrying Pool, Shanty Town, Warehouse, Walled Village, Apprentice, Bazaar, Cultist, Merchant Guild, Upgrade
This game is so painful to me, because it was so close, even though I made a terrible choice. I decided to ignore Cultist altogether because I wanted to focus on Scrying Pool. Big mistake. I took all 10 Ruins and didn't even contest them. My shiny plan didn't work out too well, and it could have gotten even worse if Funk got luckier and kicked off sooner with Cultist spam. I was lucky. I didn't even win the Scrying Pool split, it was 5-5. That's when I knew it was over, but then I started drawing my deck and Funk ignored the Merchant Guilds which gave me some hope, but no. Two stalled turns in a row sealed my fate quite easily in an honestly frustrating game.

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150825/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1440556293300.txt

Beggar, Squire, Storeroom, Bandit Camp, Council Room, Counting House, Festival, Mandarin, Trading Post, Harem
I for sure overbought Squire, and didn't need to buy that first Festival because of it. I know. I still won this game though, thankfully. Maybe Storeroom/Silver is strictly better than Silver/Silver, but I didn't want another card to draw dead before I was ready, and I picked up a Storeroom afterwards, though it really didn't make too much of a difference. It did help me when I stopped drawing with cards to go, but other than that eh.

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150825/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1440556609110.txt

Fortune Teller, Bridge, Caravan, Feast, Treasure Map, Cartographer, Explorer, Library, Torturer, Wharf

I'll be honest. I thought I was doomed when he opened 5/2. Thankfully, his Wharf missed the shuffle, and all was well. I opened Silver/Bridge, which I'm not sure was the best call but it helped me far more than it hurt me, so I think it was a good opening buy. I ended the game with 2 Wharves. I could have gotten 3 maybe, but I had 2 Caravans too so there. I basically outbought Funk, to the point where he could not win anymore possibly due to lack of points. Forseeing this, Funk should have bought Province at one point (breaking PPR) towards the end, but to no avail, he did not. I don't think I played amazing here, though.

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150825/log.54109627e4b0750ebc1f6911.1440557085808.txt

Develop, Doctor, Forager, Advisor, Armory, Nomad Camp, Procession, Sea Hag, Apprentice, Cache
5/2 here is awful, so I opened Armory/--, hoping gains would help me catch up. I think they did. Funk opened Advisor/Forager, which I am sure is bad. I think Forager/Armory is strictly better as an opening, if not the best. Sea Hag was ignored, though it could maybe have been bought? I might have opened it if I had 3/4, but I don't know. I lost this game is all that matters. I feel like I'm climbing this mountain that gets higher and higher and higher every time I play, and I don't feel good enough. Playing more isn't fixing it, and I really hope I haven't reached my cap level...
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:29 am »

yea, i really didn't know what to make of that forager board.  i still tend to overlook workshop-type cards in games where i really shouldn't, good call there

ruins may not seem SO bad with scrying pool, but they just increase your chance of dud turns too much i think.  still need to work on figuring out when to get that +buy...that first province was obviously terrible, but i'm sure i should've already had the guild well before that.

also, festival never should've been touched in that game with council room.  silly on both our parts...frankly i'm not so sure about squire either. hmmmmmmm

thanks for bringing up my need to break PPR in the wharf game, i forget to think about that when the score reaches a certain point!

i'll leave the rest to the experts~

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:50:24 am »

Squire was great to get! It's cheap and you can amass them. If it weren't for Council Room's +1 card draw for your opponent, I wouldn't have even touched Bandit Camp until way later.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:22:16 am »

Haven't looked too closely, but there's no way 5/2 can be bad when Doctor's on the board. You have 2/5 which is a bit worse, but Doctor overpay by 2 is still very likely to hit Estates.

Actually playing it correctly is very, very complicated, but I'm pretty sure you want to do Procession-Develop-Advisor-Armory-Apprentice shenanigans with Forager as payload. Develop + Armory gains you new actions, which can go on top to draw with Apprentice. Advisor + Apprentice for draw (Procession on Advisor draws tons of cards and turns it into an Apprentice. Apprentice lets you guarantee drawing topdecked cards and gives you tons of cards as well.)

The problem is that you'll be trashing a lot, but you'll have extra buys from Forager, and you can also buy Cache to gain extra Coppers to feed Forager. It's the kind of board where even figuring out how to play your hand is difficult, but correct play should get something ridiculous.

Note that if you do go that route, you definitely want to skip Sea Hag. In that strategy, the problem isn't trashing your starting cards, the problem is finding ways to keep having something to trash.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:24:57 am by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 08:20:49 am »
+1

Game #1 you have to buy a five cost card on turn 4. Molly, Butcher, or another Soothsayer are all better than a spice merchant. Having paid a lot for that spice merchant you didn't actually build a deck to suit it either (too many terminals, butcher too late).
Game #4 this needs to be a lot simpler.
Game #5 skip the bridge it is just an opportunity for terminal collision

Master88

• Steward
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 02:12:50 pm »
+1

Division D3. Master88 vs Micha1980

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 06:21:22 am »
+3

vs Eevee, B2
  • (Kingdom Log Video HE WINS )
    Cool engine on steroids (Procession), but no junk trashing. We've done about the same things, I mostly blame first player advantage of my loss :P

• (Kingdom Log Video I WIN   )
    Very unusual engine with Tribute as the only Village and Bishop/Market Square as a payload. The game lasted freaking 50 minutes!

I feel I played this one badly, my Trader on turn eleven was so silly that I even knew it before I bought it. Maybe you want to open Trader here? Not sure.

When I looked at that board I thought: HoP. Never happened. With trashing being so fast, with Knights and with Stonemason it ended too quickly for HoPs to come into play. My Dame Natalie was especially useful.

FG + Remake quickie. I managed to get 6 FG's and decided to bypass Silvers completely (remade my Estates into Great Halls instead), he got himself some Silvers (with only 4 FG's that was probably necessarily).

As Eevee said "very weird board". No draw at all. With Ambassadors and Upgrades we got rid of the junk fast, and continued to buy Goons and Border Villages gaining Upgrades. At some point he decided to get some money and go green. So on the first turn he didn't attack me I managed to play three Goons, and that was huge indeed. I think both of us were playing that far from optimal.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 08:30:11 am »
+1

Game 3 the trader was obviously too late, but you said so yourself. But I wonder why you didn't play Storeroom t17? It would have cleaned up your dud turn and get you to double province which I assume is better than the militia attack.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:10:38 am by drsteelhammer »

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 08:57:53 am »
+1

But I wonder why you didn't play Storeroom t17?
Probably because I'm bad at Dominion :) Playing Storeroom would definitely be significantly better.

It would have cleaned up your dud turn and get you go double province which I assume is better than the militia attack.

Can't disagree with that.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 03:45:32 pm »
+2

vs Awaclus, B2
    I went Apothecary/Black Market. He went Embassy / Tunnel with some Doctor support. I got crushed diabolically.

No junk trashing, Familiar, Tournament. Both of us bought a couple of Moats in the beginning. He lost the curse split, got some money and went for Duchies. I got a couple Processions and tried to increase my action density. I managed to use Graverobbers for getting Provinces.

Mountebank! That also had Vault / Grand Market, with Ironmongers as the only villages. After both of us had 3 Mountebanks I started to get Vaults, and he got himself some money.

• (Kingdom Log Video TIE GAME)
    Scrying Pool engine with no +buy and with Bishop as a payload. He tried using Beggar's Silvers as Bishop's fodder, cool idea. At some point I started buying and trashing a Province per turn. Should have trashed a bit less of them for sure.

Chapel / Governor. He played it perfectly, my shuffles prevented me from being able to do that.

Butcher / big money. Nuff said.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 09:41:38 pm »
+1

Just wanted to say that I found it amusing that when your Butcher and Embargo collided the 2nd time you played Butcher, trashed nothing and used both tokens instead of just playing Embargo  :)

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Master88

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 04:36:09 am »
+1

D3: Master88 vs Jerni

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 09:20:25 am »
+3

My match vs mpsprs (B1)

inspired by the short form presented by Burning Skull ;)

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/v/14592390

Game 1: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 1:50
I want to play an Alchemist stack to find my Lighthouse and play a Swindler/Mountebank, he goes for a more money based thing with Trader and a couple of attacks. The chat says my idea was good but I should have skipped Swindler and should have opened Lighthouse/Potion instead.

Game 2: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 16:15
Nice Black Market board. We both get some attacks and some trashing out of the BM. The chat doesn't really like my Banks but they do a good job. I probably should have taken the Develop over Haven.

Game 3: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 1:10:30
We both do some stuff with Apprentice, Beggar and Feoda. I'm not a fan of his Torturers, but they seem to help and he can also pick up Hoards early-ish. The chat wanted us to focus on Harem-Hoard-Apprentice, which might have been better.

Game 4: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 1:26:00
Double Tac/Vault board. It seems like I'm playing it a bit too fancy where he's a bit too simple.

Game 5: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 1:57:55
OMG - Possession/Masquerade. So we're both going for it and I almost feel like resigning until I get a huge Possession turn to pull ahead.

Game 6: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 2:18:50
I'm trying to build an engine with Farming Village and Journeyman that plays Mountebanks, he's buying more Mountebanks and money instead. It ends up being close.

Overall I played quite poorly that day with lots of misclicks and some bad decisions. Anyway the result was fine.
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

Master88

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 02:34:50 am »

D3: Master88 vs SIMON (DK)

assemble_me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 01:54:56 pm »
+2

My match vs pubby (B1)

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/v/14598271

Game 1: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 0:00
Scrying Pool engine - I think I get a bit unlucky with Masquerade passes. Also he's getting a bit better thinned, but I don't know if it's a big deal.

Game 2: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 26:45
King's Court on the board, but we rather pile those actions with Smugglers and University for Vineyards. I'm getting a bit confused - 1st about the Smugglers/Potions in my deck, 2nd about a Bazaar I could have smuggled, 3rd about the fact the game that was about to end with the last Vineyard... Maybe his Potions trolled him a bit here.

Game 3: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 32:10
I want to play an engine with Monuments, he's rather playing Monument-BM with Cartographer. I don't play my late midgame and endgame perfectly (one or another triggered shuffle, maybe Menage would have been better than Gold and/or the last Cartographer) while he's hitting a couple of 7$ hands. I still like my strategy better, maybe even building more is possible.

Game 4: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 43:00
Mountebank into Cities with Uni. I guess taking a BCamp here is a clear mistake on my site, also my Silver seems bad while he's much better trashed than I am.

Game 5: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 52:45
Familiar into Minions with Bishop. Our Potions and Familiars troll us early on (although his Minion attack triggers a shuffle while he has a Familiar in play). I'm taking a bold Procession over the third Familiar which does a great job. Also getting Bishops a bit later than him seems like a good call.

Game 6: Kingdom | Log | Starts at 1:06:20
He's going for Potion/Candlestickmaker and loads up on CSMs for Vineyards and Gardens. I'm getting Mountebanks and some Masterpieces to be able to fight on Gardens, but I can also buy Provinces and Duchies easily, while he skips Mountebanks entirely. I'm getting a weird Noble Bridgand while he has only 1 Silver, but I can flip his Potion several times that way. The chat didn't like what I did but also suggested getting Mountebank first and multiple Potions for him.

Still some potential for improvements, but it felt much better than my first match this season.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:32:09 am by assemble_me »

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 06:22:30 am »
+2

vs yudai214, B2

I recorded my usual video for that one, but my mike died in the middle of the first game or so. Well, talking with yourself for two and a half hours is cool, anyway.

• (Kingdom Log HE WINS )
    Apothecary engine with Inn support and Merchant Guild as payload. We both opened Lookout/Potion. On odd four I took a Bishop, which was clearly a mistake, it slowed me down and I didn't really need it. I misclicked one turn too, which also didn't help. At some point he started to draw his deck every turn and seed the next one with Inns. Like a snowball.

• (Kingdom Log HE WINS )
    Interesting one. Moneylender and Hermit for initial trashing, no plus buy, Altar, Ironmongers. I was slower at the start because of five/two, we both took a single Altar, he managed to play his Madman early and started to buy Provinces, getting rid of them with Altared Islands. I tried to catch up with buying a second Altar and using Cashe as fodder, all in vain, he was too fast.

• (Kingdom Log I WIN   )
    Really fast one. Strong trashing (Remake, Steward), Border Village/Cultist and Fool's Golds as a payload. Remaking Shelters into Fool's Golds was a thing. He had an unlucky five/two and opened Junk Dealer, which I think was inferior to Remake. I had some nice shuffles, too. My last turn was kinda cool.

• (Kingdom Log I WIN   )
    No villages, Remake again, Grand Markets and Witch. I opened Remake/Lookout for super fast trashing, he had five/two again (pretty bad again, obviously), opening Mystic. Why? I have no idea, seriously. As a result he was way too slow on trashing and I sealed the deal with a Witch.

• (Kingdom Log HE WINS )
    I hate myself for this one. Menagerie/Hamlet with Black Market. I open double Black Market to increase my chances of fishing some nice trashing. So, I got a Chapel, and pretty fast, too. He loaded on Treasuries for some reasons. In the middle game my engine was roaring, and I should have had it easily. Alas, as a result of combination of my sloppiness and his impressive endgame decisions he stole it from me.

• (Kingdom Log HE WINS )
    Steward/Wandering Minstrel/Margrave/Goons. He opened Minstrel/Steward, I preferred Workshop to Minstrel. Is it necessarily a mistake? I think it was, but would be nice to hear opinions on that. He managed to acquire the poisonous payload faster, and there was nothing I could do from that point.

Master88

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 04:12:43 am »
+1

D3: Master88 vs Hugovj

assemble_me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 05:29:14 pm »
+2

My match vs Rabid (B1)

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/v/14598705
I messed up my score board twice this match but at least it amused the chat ;). Therfore I added spoiler tags with the winner this time.

Game 1: Kingdom | Log | Starting at 1:10 | HE WINS
We're going for Fool's Golds into Count, Mountebank and Cities. The chat's not so sure about FG and neither am I. Also, I should have trashed with Count over getting that one City.

Game 2: Kingdom | Log | Starting at 15:20 | HE WINS
Hunting Party, Peddlers and lots of support. Neither of us is going for Doctor (the chat disagrees). I kind of forget about going for Duchy/Duke which I've talked about early on and join him going for Provinces. I'm ending on a "mad dash for points", wrecking my deck. Probably I should have taken three Duchies.

Game 3: Kingdom | Log | Starting at 49:30 | I WIN   
Governor, Menagerie and Counterfeit dominate this board. 5/5 on the second shuffle is amazing and it takes him a lot of time before he starts picking up Governors. I'm winning the Govy split 7-3 which makes it pretty hard to mess things up.

Game 4: Kingdom | Log | Starting at 1:08:20 | HE WINS
Rebuild into Duchy/Duke, but I'm trying to build an engine with a stack of Labs that plays a Ghost Ship. We're both adding Ironworks for Islands. The chat is not sure about his and I'm not sure about mine. Also, they say he should have taken a third Rebuild as well. It ends up being close.

Game 5: Kingdom | Log | Starting at 1:31:40 | HE WINS
Scrying Pool board. I don't like my 5/2 here and can never afford a Militia myself. Maybe I should have opened Counterfeit instead of Upgrade? Maybe a Trade Route would have helped.
Sorry for the low volume in the beginning here

Game 6: Kingdom | Log | Starting at 1:45:00 | I WIN   
Tournament, Knights and Rogue. 5/2 for me and Dame Anna on top. I've never been convinced it's such a big deal, it looks like it is here. I want Provinces and Prices fast, because they're immune to Knights. The chat wanted me to take Princess to run piles faster where I thought I had just too many terminals. Probably it would have been good.

In the end I won the games where I got far ahead and he won the closer ones. In that way, everything went as one would expect, but I'm not unhappy with the result as it's surely not a disaster.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:31:46 am by assemble_me »

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 08:45:27 am »
+3

vs Geronimoo, B2
    Inn/Rabble/Plaza/Squire engine with Grand Markets and Vineyards. He was able to set up faster. In the middle game he had a very bad shuffle, so I had a chance, but then I stalled myself, and that was it. Maybe a second Scavenger at some point would have been nice.

Slog/Engine with Mountebank to add to the slog part and Uni/FV/Catacombs to engine part. I took a Familiar earlier, he took Mountebank earlier, as a result we splitted the purple Curses, but I had way more yellow ones.

He chose to go very unusual way on this one: Ironworks/Islands/Great Hall rush, which was a cool idea in my opinion. I went more conservative Urchin -> Ironworks -> mass Conspirators / Villages. My Urchins luckily collided on turn three, and I started rolling pretty fast, but he was doing fine too, and at some point I was afraid he might actually pile out before I can get enough Provinces. But then the best card in the game (Bureaucrat) came to help me. He slowed me down too, but destroyed him completely.

Chapel/Colony/Cities. We both opened Chapel/Navigator. He started to grab Cities early, I played it very sloppy and spent my first two opportunities of buying Cities on getting more yellow. I recovered from that oblivion only when he had three Cities already, so I was happy to actually split them 6/4. With the Cities gone, he got himself a Platina and... started to buy one Colony per turn. Which was a severe mistake in my opinion. I got a Salvager and some more money, and with the ability of hitting two Colonies per turn it was not hard to catch up. So I started this one terribly, but his mistake in the middle game made it possible for me to have it.

Dirty mess of a game. Swindler, Cultists. I opened Black Market and managed to buy a Hag. He skipped Black Market and got himself a Marauder (which I don't really like with Cultists around). After some silly button pushing and mutual crap gifting I had a marginal points lead thanks to my Sea Hag, and was able to buy out Curses to pile out(I had the forced win two turns before I actually ended it, but due to misclick it went a bit longer).

Torturer chain with Squire as a village and with Quarry support. Quite frequently when Procession is on the board the strategy might be described as "do whatever you were doing, but add some Processions and see what happens". Well, I usually try to stick to that one and it pays off way more times than it doesn't.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 07:59:33 am »
+3

My match vs. A Drowned Kernel (B1)

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/v/17122708

Game 1: Kingdom | Log | starting at 3:00
Not a very interesting board, Marauder/Warehouse/Stash. He skips Silver entirely for more Warehouses and maybe more value from his Stashes. I kind of disagree with that although I like his opening better.

Game 2: Kingdom | Log | starting at 14:00
Remake, Ghost Ship and Conspirators. He has 5/2 and starts with a Ghost Ship, so he can attack me right from the start but I'm getting thinner faster with my Remake. Maybe I could have played my endgame better, I guess Gold wasn't the best choice for me either.

Game 3: Kingdom | Log | starting at 28:40
Witch, Remodel and King's Court. We both open Remodel/Silver here to Remodel Estates into Minstrels. I'm lucky getting Witches earlier and he has to remodel a Silver while things snowball into a big lead for me. The chat wanted us to open Silver/Silver, because getting Witches is so important. Also, they didn't like me taking that many Silvers and I had a chance for a rather complicated win one turn before the game ended.

Game 4: Kingdom | Log | starting at 48:40
Tournament, Golem and Bridge. I start off for an early lead winning the first price until he gets a huge quad Bridge turn while I don't have a Province in hand to block his Tournaments. Also, I get Expand very late and he's got the extra Golem which helps as well. Maybe I took too many Tournaments here...

Game 5: Kingdom | Log | starting at 1:12:15
No trashing with Soothsayer but all sort of nice actions. He has a better start but I'm having some nice Haggler turns. I'm getting that Tactician that doesn't help a lot. It ends up close while the junk in our decks lead to swingy turns.

Game 6: Kingdom | Log | starting at 1:21:20
With Gardens, Vault and Hoard I decide to skip Ambassador. Besides the fact that he dumps an Estate and a Copper into my deck I think it's still very unlucky to never hit 5$ or 6$ before turn 7. It might be that you shouldn't skip Amb here but I guess I'd try it again.

Overall I'm pretty happy how this one went and I'm in a good position to keep myself in B, yay!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:05:31 am by assemble_me »

mnip

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 01:31:01 pm »

Question regarding how to interpret the rules, since me and my opponent sort of screwed up in our last match.

One of the players accidently started 4 times (game 1,2,3 and 5) and we didn't realize this until later during game 5.
We then decided to play it out, but also play an extra game after 6 games and then consult an admin on how to calculate the score

This is what happened
Game 1: Player A started, player B won
Game 2: Player A started, player A won
Game 3: Player A started, player A won
Game 4: Player B started, player B won
Game 5: Player A started, player A won <--- this is where we went wrong
Game 6: Player B started, player B won
Game 7: Player B started, player B won

Should we
a) disregard game 5, since player A had already started 3 times
or
b) disregard game 7 and count the 6 initial games

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:52:39 pm by mnip »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 01:42:01 pm »
+3

If both players are okay with it, I would rule that you should go with option a).
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Master88

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 01:05:12 pm »

D3. Master88 vs Jimmmmm:

assemble_me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 05:36:20 pm »
+1

My match vs gamesou (B1)

Video link: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/v/19291548

Game 1: Kingdom | Log | starting at 0:00
Scrying Pool, Hamlet, Monument and Knights. I'm getting far ahead pretty fast. I guess mostly due to better draws. I pick up Monuments because Knights have nothing to hit really. I guess it doesn't happen very often that you buy 3 Spies for 14$ and it's a good decision. The chat wanted me to buy Trader for Copper trashing

Game 2: Kingdom | Log | starting at 17:45
All the potions cards in this one with Apothecary, Scrying Pool and Familiar. I don't really know what to do after the Familiars. Also, it looks like I'm in a good position but not very long and then the game takes forever and ever. I feel like resinging after half an hour but can't really justify it because I think I'm not that far behind. I guess I should say sorry for not letting gamesou finish after dragging that out for so long:
Sorry

Game 3: Kingdom | Log | starting at 1:17:00
I'm convinced straight Warehouse-Rebuild is best here. He tries something fancy, while I'm doing terribly with my Pawns and Warehouses.

Game 4: Kingdom | Log | starting at 1:28:00
IGG rush with Silk Roads and Bureaucrat(!). He takes Coppers very early, but maybe I get too many as well. I think I'm in an okay position in the end game while I'm waiting for a Province hand that never comes. The chat wanted us to open Bureaucrat instead of getting it later as we did.

Game 5: Kingdom | Log | starting at 1:36:40
Hoard, Nobles, Junk Dealer and Knights on this one. It seems like I'm playing it wrong although I can't really tell where exactly, maybe early draws worked in his favor. The chat wanted me to gain way more Knights and Banks.

Game 6: Kingdom | Log | starting at 1:54:30
I'm opening Doctor on this Butcher/Colony board. He opens Death Cart and then uses it for a big big Doctor overpay which takes him far ahead while I'm playing just terribly again.

Overall, that was probably my worst match this season besides the one against mpsprs. After that second game I almost tilted out I guess. Maybe actually resigning instead of doing so only mentally would have helped.
Still a lot of room for improvements - in spite of everything, a great season for me!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:38:45 am by assemble_me »

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 4.365 seconds with 20 queries.