Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Signups - Q&A  (Read 4354 times)

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Signups - Q&A
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »

In. I think my username there is also Drab Emordnilap, but I'm not showing on that leaderboard -- I've been playing on the new client when I play; does that not get registered?

It does not use games from the new client, there's no easy way to scrape the Making Fun logs.

You are on the full leaderboard (the default only displays players with recent activity).

assemble_me

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
Re: Signups - Q&A
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 01:49:34 am »
+1

/in Morghas

I have only played on the Goko/Making Fun site and have only just joined this forum. Do I just have to keep my eyes peeled on the forum to know who I will be matched up against?
Yes. Goko is just our platform to play. Everything else will take place here. Things will start on 28 Sept, so you wouldn't have to be here every day until then, but this is actually a pretty interesting board ;)

Looking forward to it! Thanks for organising Stef.

Cant wait to be no.1 seed.... Mwahahaha!
Sorry to disappoint you, but currently, that would be Mic Qsenoch ;) http://www.gokosalvager.com/leaderboard/

Who is the current champ?
This hasn't taken place since 2012 and Stef won it - http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6472.0
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:54:07 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 03:15:14 am »
+1

Going to try to keep the signups thread clean (number of replies = number of participants).

If you have any Q/A about signups please post them in this thread.
Join the Dominion League!

Morghas

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 05:53:25 pm »

Thanks Stef that makes sense.

So I read that it is hard getting the stats from the new MF client. Will they work with you in future to make it possible?

My compeditiveness has been sturred by this awesome forum! Cant wait to get to know some more players.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 09:11:29 pm »

How flexible is the schedule flexible is the weekly schedule? I assume not flexible at all, but I figured asking wouldnt hurt.

(If I were to sign up, I'd have to play my second week match till Thursday of the first week)

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:38:46 am »
+1

How flexible is the schedule flexible is the weekly schedule? I assume not flexible at all, but I figured asking wouldnt hurt.

(If I were to sign up, I'd have to play my second week match till Thursday of the first week)

There will be a weekly deadline that isn't flexible at all indeed. You will simply have to play your match before the end of the week.

However, you will be allowed to play your match earlier if your opponent is already known. I can't promise anything but I expect it to be rather common that you can play a couple of days in advance.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 05:47:25 am »
+1

* Final Boarding Call * Final Boarding Call * Final Boarding Call *

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 09:36:49 am »

There will be a weekly deadline that isn't flexible at all indeed. You will simply have to play your match before the end of the week.

However, you will be allowed to play your match earlier if your opponent is already known. I can't promise anything but I expect it to be rather common that you can play a couple of days in advance.

Just making sure of this one more time, since it's the last day of signing out otherwise: If I were to win the first round, I'd have to play the 2nd one until October, 1st. Since the first round seems to be played by more than a half of the players, I don't know if that is still a good idea to play with that in mind.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 09:47:42 am »
+1

* Final Boarding Call * Final Boarding Call * Final Boarding Call *

This sounds really philosophical.  It would make a great song.

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 11:02:51 am »

Just making sure of this one more time, since it's the last day of signing out otherwise: If I were to win the first round, I'd have to play the 2nd one until October, 1st. Since the first round seems to be played by more than a half of the players, I don't know if that is still a good idea to play with that in mind.

I don't understand your question at all, so I'll just hope you'll understand my answer :)

Week 1 is from 28th September until 4th of October
Week 2 is from 5th of October until 11th of October
Week 3 is from 12th of October until 18th of October

Currently we have 86 Signups.
This would result in the top 42 players getting a bye for round 1.
The remaining 44 players would play for the remaining 22 spots in round 2.
You're currently ranked level 29 and I'm not sure if that puts you in the top or bottom half.

For all matches you're supposed to play them before/on the last day of that week, and you can start whenever your opponent is known.
At last that will be the start of the week you're supposed to play, but it could be a week in advance if you're both quick in the round before.

Unlike in the league, it's not a huge problem if you're not 100% sure you can play all your matches. We will try to find a solution, and when it really doesn't work out the worst that can happen is a free win for some opponent.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 11:17:26 am »

Alright, it seems I confused you even more instead of clarifying. But you answered my question nonetheless, so thanks :)

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.