Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Max Out Green Cards (Updated)  (Read 10089 times)

biomathics

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Max Out Green Cards (Updated)
« on: August 19, 2015, 04:14:59 pm »

Since the last time this issue was investigated was several years ago (see here), and much has happened since then, I thought I would resurrect this topic.

Largest possible score for a player in a game that does not use VP tokens?

I have mucked around with this for a while, and while I am not positive of the answer, I believe that I can establish a lower bound of 1535.  I would enjoy being proven wrong.

To limit the craziness, keep the Black Market deck to 25, following the standards of online play.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
Re: Max Out Green Cards (Updated)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:44:16 pm »

Do you want to restrict this to a 2 player game, or allow a 6 player game.  There are some major differences with 8 vs 12 cards in VP piles and the size of the Ruins / Silver piles.

(The original specifies solitaire Isotropic, which is essentially 2p rules I suppose?)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:54:07 pm by Deadlock39 »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »
+2

This isn't complete yet, but here are my initial calculations for the "value" of each type of card you could make up the kingdom from.

Obvious inclusions are: Vineyards, Gardens, Fairgrounds, Silk Road

Cards in order of how many points they score (excluding rounding down) including themselves and their contribution to the variable VPs:
1: Black Market: 204.53333
2: Feodum: 129.6
3/4: Page/Peasant: 120
5: Marauder: 103.73333
6: Duke: 89.6
7/8/9:Hermit/Urchin/Young Witch: 75.73333
10: Rats: 72.53333
11: Knights: 68.6667
12: Island/Nobles: 62.93333
13: Distant Lands: 57.6
14: Great Hall: 54.93333
15: Port: 44.8
16: Tunnel/Farmland/Harem: 41.6
17: Action pile: 37.86667

We can't just take the top items here because some of these cards add just as much value in the Black Market deck as they do out of it. I need to go back through and compute each cards value inside the Black Market to see what the best distribution is.

My speculation is the Kingdom will look like this:
Vineyards, Gardens, Fairgrounds, Silk Road, Black Market, Feodum, Duke, Rats, Knights, Island, Great Hall (not Nobles because the Young Witch needs a Bane)

The rest of the cards listed will be in the Black Market, and any extra spots go to any other action card.

Swapping the 3 starting Estates for Shelters should add 5.26667 points.

Computing the exact makeup and total point value is going to have to wait because I've spent enough time for now.

biomathics

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:56:28 am »

Do you want to restrict this to a 2 player game, or allow a 6 player game.  There are some major differences with 8 vs 12 cards in VP piles and the size of the Ruins / Silver piles.

(The original specifies solitaire Isotropic, which is essentially 2p rules I suppose?)

My initial calculations were for the 2p rules.  I have not done the 4p or 6p versions, but would welcome an analysis that includes them as well.

This isn't complete yet, but here are my initial calculations for the "value" of each type of card you could make up the kingdom from.

This was my approach as well, though in my analysis one card had a higher value than you give it for some reason

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »

This was my approach as well, though in my analysis one card had a higher value than you give it for some reason

I'll double check my numbers when I go back through and compute the value of each card in the Black Market. Since every card can go either in the Black Market or the Kingdom, the important value is actually the point difference depending on the location.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 10:42:46 am »

Obvious inclusions are: Vineyards, Gardens, Fairgrounds, Silk Road

Cards in order of how many points they score (excluding rounding down) including themselves and their contribution to the variable VPs:
1: Black Market: 204.53333
2: Feodum: 129.6
3/4: Page/Peasant: 120
5: Marauder: 103.73333
6: Duke: 89.6
7/8/9:Hermit/Urchin/Young Witch: 75.73333
10: Rats: 72.53333
11: Knights: 68.6667
12: Island/Nobles: 62.93333
13: Distant Lands: 57.6
14: Great Hall: 54.93333
15: Port: 44.8
16: Tunnel/Farmland/Harem: 41.6
17: Action pile: 37.86667

We can't just take the top items here because some of these cards add just as much value in the Black Market deck as they do out of it. I need to go back through and compute each cards value inside the Black Market to see what the best distribution is.

My speculation is the Kingdom will look like this:
Vineyards, Gardens, Fairgrounds, Silk Road, Black Market, Feodum, Duke, Rats, Knights, Island, Great Hall (not Nobles because the Young Witch needs a Bane)

The rest of the cards listed will be in the Black Market, and any extra spots go to any other action card.

Swapping the 3 starting Estates for Shelters should add 5.26667 points.

Computing the exact makeup and total point value is going to have to wait because I've spent enough time for now.

Don't you need at least one Prosperity card in the actual kingdom so you can get Colonies

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 12:13:06 pm »

Don't you need at least one Prosperity card in the actual kingdom so you can get Colonies

I don't really know.  I think it is generally considered a rule and not a suggestion for most of the puzzles around here. I think it is something I would consider up to the puzzle rules.  The original puzzle specified solitaire on Isotropic.  I don't remember if it was possible to force Colony on Iso without Prosperity cards.  I think it is possible on Goko.  If it is a requirement it will probably reduce the total slightly.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 12:23:16 pm »

Another problem is that we need a way to get the last card of every pile on the last turn. This ought to be possible. For instance, throwing hermit and scheme in the black market deck lets us get all 10 madmen to draw everything, although if we play them then they don't count for vineyards/gardens. KC-Bridge, Highway, Princess lowers costs by 6, and then throne a squire to have 9 buys. This still isn't quite enough though.

EDIT: No need for cost-reduction if we just draw all the treasure in the supply. Then we can just buy a bunch of travelling fairs for buys. That's really nice.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:48:28 pm by liopoil »

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +291
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 01:39:35 pm »
+4

Another problem is that we need a way to get the last card of every pile on the last turn. This ought to be possible. For instance, throwing hermit and scheme in the black market deck lets us get all 10 madmen to draw everything, although if we play them then they don't count for vineyards/gardens. KC-Bridge, Highway, Princess lowers costs by 6, and then throne a squire to have 9 buys. This still isn't quite enough though.

EDIT: No need for cost-reduction if we just draw all the treasure in the supply. Then we can just buy a bunch of travelling fairs for buys. That's really nice.

One Native Village in the Black Market deck guarantees you eventually drawing your whole deck.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 02:26:58 pm »

One Native Village in the Black Market deck guarantees you eventually drawing your whole deck.

This plus, since money isn't an issue (even without the treasures, Baker in the BM deck gives you an unbounded source of coin) you would want to Throne the King's Court and then King both the Squire and Sir Martin for 12 extra buys.  Throw +buy cards into all the extra <any Action> slots in the BM deck, and I am sure you can get enough buys to finish off the supply on your last turn even if you didn't have Traveling Fair.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 02:42:10 pm »

That's a good one. Okay, here's the setup I suggest then:

Kingdom: Black Market, Vineyards, Gardens, Silk Road, Feodum, Fairgrounds, Duke, Page (bane), Peasant, Rats, Knights
Black Market Deck: Young Witch, Native Village, Urchin, Hermit, Graverobber, Marauder, Tournament, Island, Nobles, Great Hall, Harem, Tunnel, Farmland, Distant Lands, 11 action cards.
Events: Travelling Fair
Use Shelters, Colony/Platinum (even though there is no prosperity).

Page and Peasant don't work in the Black Market Deck, so they need to be in the kingdom. I couldn't think of any cards to put in the black market deck besides those 14.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 03:53:30 pm »

Page and Peasant don't work in the Black Market Deck

I totally forgot about that.  That will eliminate a few more points from my original estimations.  If I ever get around to computing Black Market values I can verify things and come up with a point total.

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +291
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 06:42:42 pm »

Kingdom: Black Market, Vineyards, Gardens, Silk Road, Feodum, Fairgrounds, Duke, Page (bane), Peasant, Rats, Knights
Black Market Deck: Young Witch, Native Village, Urchin, Hermit, Graverobber, Marauder, Tournament, Island, Nobles, Great Hall, Harem, Tunnel, Farmland, Distant Lands, 11 action cards.

Page and Peasant don't work in the Black Market Deck, so they need to be in the kingdom. I couldn't think of any cards to put in the black market deck besides those 14.

Why use Knights for just Dame Josephine and Fairgrounds? 10 Knights is 10 uniques for 4 extra Fairground points, but 12 Nobles(or any other 2 VP action) is 3 more Silk Road points(you have 6*12+9 right now, which is one past a multiple of 4. Take one out and add 12 for 3 more points.) plus 2 for each Nobles. It's also 2 more Actions for Vineyard and 2 more cards for Gardens.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »

Why use Knights for just Dame Josephine and Fairgrounds? 10 Knights is 10 uniques for 4 extra Fairground points, but 12 Nobles(or any other 2 VP action) is 3 more Silk Road points(you have 6*12+9 right now, which is one past a multiple of 4. Take one out and add 12 for 3 more points.) plus 2 for each Nobles. It's also 2 more Actions for Vineyard and 2 more cards for Gardens.

Because the rules of the previous thread specified solo play on Isotropic, and the OP for this thread clarified that he intended 2p rules, which gives Nobles and the other VP stacks only 8 cards, and causes it to be worth slightly less than Knights.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 12:39:34 am »

Okay, I ran the Black Market numbers now.

If anyone wants to see the spread sheet: [remove the stray space in the link that is keeping it spoiler-ed]
https:// docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tFZC8VC2FjjOGvDYedVdKLPw8c-2_XD87A1ktgjBZnM/edit?usp=sharing
I was probably not clear on some things in there, so if you're curious, I can elaborate.

By the calculations in my sheet these are the best cards for the Kingdom:
1: Black Market
2/3: Page/Peasant
4: Feodum
5: Duke
6: Distant Lands
7: Rats
8: Knights
9/10: Island/Nobles
11: Great Hall
12: Port
13/14/15: Tunnel/Farmland/Harem
16: Any other action (Includes Hermit/Urchin/Young Witch/Marauder)

This makes the Kingdom:
Vineyards, Gardens, Fairground, Silk Road, Black Market, Page (Bane), Peasant, Feodum, Duke, Distant Lands, Rats

The un-optimized Black Market contains all the other cards
so... How much are the alt VP worth?
Actions: Black Market (35 - 3 for Tunnel/Farmland/Harem), Page (30), Peasant (30), Distant Lands (8) Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10)
Total: 150 for 50pt Vineyards

Cards: Base VP (32), Base Treasure (130), Potion(16), Kingdom VP (56), Black Market (35), Page (30), Peasant (30), Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Spoils (15), and (6) Curses to even things out
Total: 400 for 40 pt Gardens

Uniques: Base VP (4), Treasure (5), Kingdom VP (7), Black Market (26), Page (5), Peasant (5), Rats(1), Ruins (5), Madman (1), Urchin (1), Spoils (1), Curse(1)
Total: 62 for 24 pt Fairgrounds

Victory cards: Base VP (32), Kingdom VP (56), Black Market VP [Dame Josephine, Island, Nobles, Great Hall, Tunnel, Farmland, Harem] (7), Overgrown Estate (1)
Total: 96 for 24 pt Silk Road

Last time I recall needing to tweak some values slightly due to Alt VP break points, but these all came out really even. I don't think I see any optimization available.

Victory Points: Vineyards (400), Gardens (320), Fairgrounds (192), Silk Road (192), Colony (80), Duke (64), Province (48), Distant Lands (32), Duchy (24), Black Market VP (13), Estate (8), Curse (-6)
Total:1367

If there is anywhere to squeeze out more points I'm sure someone will find it.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 05:18:16 am »

Two points:
You can inherit something, making your estates count for vineyards.
You have not mentioned what your final turn looks like at all. Surely some of the events and tokens can help you, but it's not that clear how you intend to buy out all the piles.
Join the Dominion League!

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 10:31:11 am »

A good point that hadn't been brought up yet. That will bump the total a bit.

Inherit Page or Peasant. The total action cards increases by 8. Vineyards gain 2pts each and increase the total by 16. There are VP optimization questions now. Swapping Tunnel, Farmland, or Harem for an action squeezes Vineyards up 8 more points, but drops Silk Road by 8, so that is a net loss of 2 points. Swapping Shelters back for Estates (+3 VP) gains 2 action cards and 2 VP cards (+8 Vineyards), but loses 3 uniques (-16 Fairgrounds) Removing 2 of the non-Action VP cards is now safe without dropping Silk Road, so we can get another (+8 Vineyards), but it costs us (-4 VP) from those cards, which is a net total of -1. Unless there is an option I missed, or a calculation that is off, I think we can't do better than the 16 Vineyards points from Inheritance

PPE - My original solution forgot to add Necropolis in the actions, so we have 9 more actions for 24 Vineyard points. It appears I forgot Shelters in several places, so I'll post an update separate from this post.

You have not mentioned what your final turn looks like at all. Surely some of the events and tokens can help you, but it's not that clear how you intend to buy out all the piles.

I feel that the general points regarding the ease of completing the final turn have already been outlined, and skipped the proof for that reason.  To recap: There are 13 spots in the Black Market deck for any action card. Adding Native Village allows you to draw your entire deck. Adding Baker allows you to gain an unbounded amount of coin tokens (that you don't need because you have 30 Golds, 40 Silvers, and 60 Coppers), and Traveling Fair Provides as many buys as necessary.

For Kicks without Traveling Fair this is still easy. Champion takes actions out of the equation. The stack of Peasants gives 10 buys. TR->KC->Squire/Market from the BM deck gives 9 buys. There are at minimum 6 spots left in the BM (after one goes to Graverobber or Rouge) Using Discpile on 5 of them provides 11 more buys. Gain the last treasure in a pile with Hero, and something else with Hermit. 30 buys and 2 gains is more than sufficient (also, your Inheritance observation could give us 8 more buys from Estate-Peasants).

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 10:38:16 am »

I left the Shelters out of several calculations, and Stef pointed out a missed source of VP, so here is an update.

Actions: Estate (8) Black Market (35 - 3 for Tunnel/Farmland/Harem), Page (30), Peasant (30), Distant Lands (8) Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Necropolis (1)
Total: 159 for 53pt Vineyards

Cards: Base VP (32), Base Treasure (130), Potion(16), Kingdom VP (56), Black Market (35), Page (30), Peasant (30), Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Spoils (15), Shelters (3) and (3) Curses to even things out
Total: 400 for 40 pt Gardens

Uniques: Base VP (4), Treasure (5), Kingdom VP (7), Black Market (26), Page (5), Peasant (5), Rats(1), Ruins (5), Madman (1), Urchin (1), Spoils (1), Curse(1), Shelters (3)
Total: 65 for 26 pt Fairgrounds

Victory cards: Base VP (32), Kingdom VP (56), Black Market VP [Dame Josephine, Island, Nobles, Great Hall, Tunnel, Farmland, Harem] (7), Overgrown Estate (1)

Victory Points: Vineyards (424), Gardens (320), Fairgrounds (208), Silk Road (192), Colony (80), Duke (64), Province (48), Distant Lands (32), Duchy (24), Black Market VP (13), Estate (8), Curse (-3)
Total:1410

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 11:45:32 am »

Where do you list what cards you put in the Black Market? You don't seem to have counted prizes, and well you definitely want to throw tournament in the BM deck.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 01:35:09 pm »

Where do you list what cards you put in the Black Market? You don't seem to have counted prizes, and well you definitely want to throw tournament in the BM deck.

The Black Market contains one of each of the cards listed in the value ranking, plus any actions to fill out the rest.

Also... crap, I totally missed Tournament this whole time.  That was dumb. The prizes will add 5 more actions for 8 more Vineyard points and 5 Uniques for 16 Fairgrounds points. Maybe an additional 8 Vineyards points if there is any way to swap out the Tunnel/Farmland/Harem profitably, but based on my earlier analysis, I suspect not (due to the loss of Silk Road points).

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »
+1

I think it's better to explicitly state which cards are in the BM deck, since there are so many specific ones that need to be in there. So right now cards in the BM deck are:

Young Witch, Tournament, Baker, Graverobber, Urchin, Hermit, Native Village, Marauder, Great Hall, Nobles, Island, Harem, Farmland, Tunnel, Dame Josephine, 10 others

Events are Travelling Fair and Inheritance, Kingdom is the one you said.

EDIT: Tournament only adds 4 actions and one treasure, not 5 actions. The 5 cards put Gardens at 2 over without curses. Since we need one curse for fairgrounds anyway, the additional 7 are worth it, so we end up with 8 curses and 41 point gardens.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:44:17 pm by liopoil »

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »

I think it's better to explicitly state which cards are in the BM deck, since there are so many specific ones that need to be in there. So right now cards in the BM deck are:

Young Witch, Tournament, Baker, Graverobber, Urchin, Hermit, Native Village, Marauder, Great Hall, Nobles, Island, Harem, Farmland, Tunnel, Dame Josephine, 10 others

Events are Travelling Fair and Inheritance, Kingdom is the one you said.

EDIT: Tournament only adds 4 actions and one treasure, not 5 actions. The 5 cards put Gardens at 2 over without curses. Since we need one curse for fairgrounds anyway, the additional 7 are worth it, so we end up with 8 curses and 41 point gardens.

You are probably correct that it is better. I was just being lazy. (Technically the puzzle asks for the max number of points so the Kingdom is just showing your work.)

I agree with your additions. I'll post a full solution update when I get a chance.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 12:56:21 am »

Perhaps the last improvements... maybe.

The Kingdom:
Vineyards, Gardens, Fairground, Silk Road, Black Market, Page (Bane), Peasant, Feodum, Duke, Distant Lands, Rats, Travelling Fair, Inheritance

The Black Market: (Credit liopoil)
Young Witch, Tournament, Baker, Graverobber, Urchin, Hermit, Native Village, Marauder, Great Hall, Nobles, Island, Harem, Farmland, Tunnel, Dame Josephine, 10 other Actions

Actions: Estate (8) Black Market (32), Page (30), Peasant (30), Distant Lands (8) Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Prizes (4) Necropolis (1)
Total: 163 for 54pt Vineyards

Cards: Base VP (32), Base Treasure (130), Potion(16), Kingdom VP (56), Black Market (35), Page (30), Peasant (30), Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Spoils (15), Prizes (5), Shelters (3) and (8) Curses
Total: 410 for 41 pt Gardens

Uniques: Base VP (4), Treasure (5), Kingdom VP (7), Black Market (26), Page (5), Peasant (5), Rats(1), Ruins (5), Madman (1), Mercenary (1), Spoils (1), Shelters (3), Prizes (5), Curse(1)
Total: 70 for 28 pt Fairgrounds

Victory Points: Vineyards (432), Gardens (328), Fairgrounds (224), Silk Road (192), Colony (80), Duke (64), Province (48), Distant Lands (32), Duchy (24), Black Market VP (13), Estate (8), Curse (-8)
Total:1437
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:51:47 pm by Deadlock39 »

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1206
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 09:34:08 am »

If you have 410 cards, wouldn't that be 41 point gardens?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 10:51:10 am »

I think he just forgot to change that, but he has it right in counting total VP.

Also, you mean mercenary, not urchin, in the gardens, vineyards, and fairgrounds counts. Sorry, it has just been bugging me. The 8 curses is really bugging me too. I want there to be more helpful cards to put in the black market deck! There is still no prosperity too, not even in the black market deck :(.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1206
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 02:56:38 pm »

Also, shouldn't he have Feodums listed at 13 points apiece, since they're in the Kingdom?

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 02:56:58 pm »

I think he just forgot to change that, but he has it right in counting total VP.

Also, you mean mercenary, not urchin, in the gardens, vineyards, and fairgrounds counts. Sorry, it has just been bugging me. The 8 curses is really bugging me too. I want there to be more helpful cards to put in the black market deck! There is still no prosperity too, not even in the black market deck :(.

Mistakes are fixed.  You were correct lio, the Gardens point total was correct, I just missed the update to 41 points.  The Curses are a bit annoying.  They were working out better before all the dumb things I missed were caught.  If the Fairgrounds count wasn't so perfect, it just wouldn't be worth it to have them at all.

It would be interesting to see what 3/4p card counts would change (12 card piles of Island/Nobles/Great Hall are worth %50 more and all the extra Estates probably outweigh Shelters), but I'm not quite interested enough at the moment to run all the numbers for a solution.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 02:58:22 pm »

Also, shouldn't he have Feodums listed at 13 points apiece, since they're in the Kingdom?

I didn't separate Feodum because changing things about the Kingdom/Black Market does not effect their value.  There are 40 Silvers and that doesn't change.  The cards I listed out change value based on the other choices made.

Edit: I am dumb, and didn't understand what you were saying.  Feodum is totally not counted.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:51:47 pm by Deadlock39 »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 03:47:42 pm »

What if we swap Distant Lands for Knights? Then we put Distant Lands in the BM deck, and swap Tunnel for an action

-28 points from 7 Distant Lands lost
-2 points from Tunnel
-16 points from SR (8 VP cards lost)
+8 points from Vineyards (Tunnel swap, 2 extra Actions in the kingdom for 3 extra actions)
+2 points from two fewer curses
+32 points from Fairgrounds (9 extra uniques, perhaps we can find a 10th?)

+42, -46, and that's assuming we can get another unique somewhere, which seems unlikely. So it is not quite worth it.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 04:14:49 pm »

Yeah, my calculation actually shows Rats being worth slightly less than Distant Lands.

I also think getting Knights into the Kingdom is the only Fairgrounds improvement available. I vaguely recall a thread talking about max Fairgrounds coming up one card short of a breakpoint.

Swapping Rats would drop 10 actions, which messes up all the break points.  With no optimization, you get

-32 points from Vineyards
+16 points from Fairgrounds

If there was a way to get one more action, and one more unique, you would gain 8 back from Vineyards and 16 for Fairgrounds, for a net of 8. I think that means if the BM deck had 26 cards instead of 25, you would gain 8 points from the swap, so it is pretty close.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 05:16:34 pm »

Well now we wait for another expansion or promo I guess, hopefully there will be one and it will make things come out more nicely.

I felt like there were more cards which add other cards to the game. Oh well.

biomathics

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 03:32:44 pm »

Doh, did not account for that.

Perhaps the last improvements... maybe.

The Kingdom:
Vineyards, Gardens, Fairground, Silk Road, Black Market, Page (Bane), Peasant, Feodum, Duke, Distant Lands, Rats, Travelling Fair, Inheritance

Young Witch, Tournament, Baker, Graverobber, Urchin, Hermit, Native Village, Marauder, Great Hall, Nobles, Island, Harem, Farmland, Tunnel, Dame Josephine, 10 other Actions

Actions: Estate (8) Black Market (32), Page (30), Peasant (30), Distant Lands (8) Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Prizes (4) Necropolis (1)

Cards: Base VP (32), Base Treasure (130), Potion(16), Kingdom VP (56), Black Market (35), Page (30), Peasant (30), Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Spoils (15), Prizes (5), Shelters (3) and (8) Curses
Total: 410 for 41 pt Gardens

Uniques: Base VP (4), Treasure (5), Kingdom VP (7), Black Market (26), Page (5), Peasant (5), Rats(1), Ruins (5), Madman (1), Mercenary (1), Spoils (1), Shelters (3), Prizes (5), Curse(1)

Victory Points: Vineyards (432), Gardens (328), Fairgrounds (224), Silk Road (192), Colony (80), Duke (64), Province (48), Distant Lands (32), Duchy (24), Black Market VP (13), Estate (8), Curse (-8)
Total:1437

A couple things I noticed regarding your math:
I think you left Platinum out of your card count, and Feoda out of your VP total

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:49 pm »

I think you left Platinum out of your card count, and Feoda out of your VP total

Yeah, you are totally right... I'll update when I get a chance.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 07:52:48 pm »

Yeah, you are totally right... I'll update when I get a chance.
Wow, not sure how we missed that. Now only 6 curses, that makes me feel much better :)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 08:51:13 pm »

Credit to Marcory who totally caught the Feodum error, and I just thought he was wanting a point breakdown for some reason.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 08:54:31 pm »
+1

Here we go again... I messed it up again of course.

The Kingdom:

Cards: Base VP (32), Base Treasure (142), Potion(16), Kingdom VP (56), Black Market (35), Page (30), Peasant (30), Rats (20), Ruins (10), Madman (10), Urchin (10), Spoils (15), Prizes (5), Shelters (3) and (6) Curses
Total: 420 for 42 pt Gardens

Victory Points: Vineyards (432), Gardens (336), Fairgrounds (224), Silk Road (192), Feodum(104), Colony (80), Duke (64), Province (48), Distant Lands (32), Duchy (24), Black Market VP (13), Estate (8), Curse (-6)
Total:1551
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.