Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: A Treasure-Victory-Duration-Attack (Would this attack work?)  (Read 9110 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
Re: A Treasure-Victory-Duration-Attack (Would this attack work?)
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 02:01:28 am »

Could also say something like "a victory card that is not also an action or treasure". The thing is "pure victory card" isn't defined in the rules.
It's in the card FAQ :)
I don't get what the problem is with saying "Pure victory card". I just tell people what it means when the card is in the kingdom. And if anybody else happens to feel like using the card, they can do the same. It's intuitive, easy to remember, and doesn't conflict with any official rules. So it's fine.

I will change the attack to trigger on-gain though. That could make the attack significantly stronger combined with certain cards like Ambassador or Messenger. Maybe I should keep the $5 cost version.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 10:41:03 am »

Your latest wording doesn't require them to reveal their discard pile, which they probably should have to.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Rafy235

• Steward
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »

On an offhand note, how do you post images of cards from your computer like that? Last I tried, it gave me a bracket. What do I put there?
Thanks in advance!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2015, 09:06:21 pm »

On an offhand note, how do you post images of cards from your computer like that? Last I tried, it gave me a  bracket. What do I put there?
Thanks in advance!

You will have to upload the image somewhere on the internet (I use my website, most people use imgur.com).
Then just put the url of the image in the image bracket like so (except without the added spaces):
[ img width=348]https://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/my-pathfinder-setting-stuff/character-classes/FountainGargoyle_v2.gif[ /img]
An example from Fragasnap's expansion (image hosted on imgur): [ img width=246]http://i.imgur.com/1WFDijh.jpg[ /img]
You can tweak img width to change the size as you can see.

remove the added spaces and it looks like this:

example from Fragasnap's expansion (image hosted on imgur):

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:11:20 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 03:47:30 am »
+1

I don't get what the problem is with saying "Pure victory card". I just tell people what it means when the card is in the kingdom.

This is generally referred to as the "designer in the box" problem. Lots of things make sense if the designer is there to explain them, but you really would prefer that not be necessary; you don't have the luxury of including the designer in the game box. Obviously this is your card and you can do what you want, but this is why so many people are mentioning it.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 06:49:59 am »

This is generally referred to as the "designer in the box" problem. Lots of things make sense if the designer is there to explain them, but you really would prefer that not be necessary; you don't have the luxury of including the designer in the game box. Obviously this is your card and you can do what you want, but this is why so many people are mentioning it.
I'm moving this discussion elsewhere since it isn't about any specific cards:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13508.msg522619#msg522619

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 10:50:33 am »
+1

If you really want to be concise, i suggest "Victory-type only" instead of "pure Victory". "Pure" has more meanings, and people might argue that it doesn't refer to cards like Gardens, because they change during the game. What is pure, anyhow? "Only" is a tad more neutral and precise, or at least i feel it is.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.