Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21  All

Author Topic: JSH's True Art Rankings  (Read 193137 times)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
Re: JSH's True Art Rankings
« Reply #375 on: October 26, 2015, 01:06:57 pm »
+5

Oh, and Scrying pool for me is the example of cartoony artwork done well, and fitting in well.

I'd never thought of explorer as cartoony.  :)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #376 on: October 26, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »
+7

10. Familiar

Familiar, I choose you!

9. Herbalist

I'm pretty sure the dude here is just me at the Indian market. I mean, my wife tells me to pick up a cup of the yellow stuff and I don't ask questions. It's hard for me to have real commentary about this picture since my perception has been permanently warped thanks to ADK's wonderful fanfic, which you should all read and give him respect instead of me: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10809.msg363315#msg363315
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 26, 2015, 05:33:45 pm »
+4

It's hard for me to have real commentary about this picture since my perception has been permanently warped thanks to ADK's wonderful fanfic, which you should all read and give him respect instead of me: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10809.msg363315#msg363315

I linked to it, read the whole thing, loved it, and then went up to give ADK a +1 only to realize that I had already done so. Which meant that I must have already read it (I am not one to give out a +1 lightly). But had absolutely no memory of it! Which seems crazy given how wonderful it is.

Early onset Alzheimer's here I come?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2015, 06:30:13 pm »
+9

8. Vineyard

Those are some well-kept hedgerows. I like Vineyard's art more these days because it reminds me a lot of a Vineyard I visited last year. Clearly the owners of this place have class. The fine "lardo vino" prepared at this vineyard is enjoyed by people across the entire Dominion nation, except for those kosher non-alcoholics. You could buy your own bottle, but the jerks here only accept Potions as payment, and everybody switched to Coin because they decided you needed at least three Potion-costing products available to consider purchasing things and nobody wanted to stock any more of those. Madness, I tell you. I would have bought that bottle regardless. Wine makes a great future re-gift.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

Moneymodel

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2015, 08:44:32 pm »

How'd they get that stone into that bottle though?
The Philosopher's Stone isn't a stone. It's a substance, typically imagined in powder form (as here).

Sounds like Harry Potter got it wrong then.
That was a Sorcerer's stone...

Only in America.

Because long words in the title would turn off the readers. Too much stuff to read, apparently.

Three syllables = fine
Four syllables = WHAT? WHAT IS THIS...WELL, SORCERY?

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Silver is underraided
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 28, 2015, 08:52:51 pm »
+4

How'd they get that stone into that bottle though?
The Philosopher's Stone isn't a stone. It's a substance, typically imagined in powder form (as here).

Sounds like Harry Potter got it wrong then.
That was a Sorcerer's stone...

Only in America.

Because long words in the title would turn off the readers. Too much stuff to read, apparently.

Three syllables = fine
Four syllables = WHAT? WHAT IS THIS...WELL, SORCERY?

No, it's ph'losophy.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2015, 11:59:11 am »
+1

It wasn't just that it was a big word. They just didn't think kids would want to read something with the word "philosopher" in the title. Like it would be a boring book about actual philosophers or whatever.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2015, 12:11:22 pm »

i wonder if the issue in europe is some weird thing against the word "sorceror"?  i know they had problems with "ninja" for a while, which is why TMNT was called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles there

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2015, 12:25:16 pm »

i wonder if the issue in europe is some weird thing against the word "sorceror"?  i know they had problems with "ninja" for a while, which is why TMNT was called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles there

There wouldn't have been an issue in Europe since the original English title was Philosopher's stone (which is also the name of the mythical artifact). This was entirely a weird decision on the American publisher's part. What is hilarious to me is they re-recorded every scene of the films where someone named the stone for the American version.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2015, 12:58:30 pm »

book about actual philosophers

Would have been more interesting though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Silver is underraided
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 29, 2015, 03:33:18 pm »

Well, I don't know about the rest of Europe, but they have always been ninjas in Italy, afaik.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:54 pm »
+1

Well, I don't know about the rest of Europe, but they have always been ninjas in Italy, afaik.

Well they like their motorbikes there.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 29, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »
+4

It's hard for me to have real commentary about this picture since my perception has been permanently warped thanks to ADK's wonderful fanfic, which you should all read and give him respect instead of me: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10809.msg363315#msg363315

The fanfic is now in the most respected posts of the week. Again.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 29, 2015, 10:46:02 pm »
+3

7. Possession

Cute picture. Gotta love his hat. What on earth is going on with his body, though? At first I thought Possession Guy was RIPPED, but now I think he might just be wearing a shirt that's way too small. Either way, I don't think the awesome hat can make up for that fashion disaster.

6. Apothecary

He has a winning smile. That'll get you everywhere. Smile, everyone! Stevie Wonder said it best. "A smiling face is an Earth-like star / A frown can't bring out the beauty that you are/ Love within and you'll begin smiling." Pass him some Copper and drugs, everyone.

5. Alchemist

That beard tho

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 29, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »
+8

Possession Guy is actually a lady-woman

As evidenced by his very pronounced breastage
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2015, 10:53:15 pm »

I suppose the nails should have been a giveaway too. That or she's trans. Oops, can I say that? I'm not sure what privilege laws dictate anymore. Better just let it be.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2015, 11:13:47 pm »
+6

I suppose the nails should have been a giveaway too. That or she's trans. Oops, can I say that? I'm not sure what privilege laws dictate anymore. Better just let it be.

"trans" is fine.  "tranny" is not.  General advice: if it sounds like it's probably a slur, it's probably a slur.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2015, 11:32:42 pm »
+1

Well then what's the gender of the person inside the crystal ball? It has the body of a male, but it's being possessed by a trans female. I'm so confused.

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2015, 12:40:01 am »
+5

Possession is clearly a transmission, because 1) it's very expensive and 2) when it works right, it's clutch.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 30, 2015, 12:42:42 am »

Possession is clearly a transmission, because 1) it's very expensive and 2) when it works right, it's clutch.

What Event was she before?

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 30, 2015, 12:44:46 am »

I can't be sure, but she appeared to have a Ball bearing.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2015, 12:48:21 am »
+7

What Event was she before?

I don't know, but it probably involves flipping your Gender token.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 01, 2015, 03:34:31 pm »
+5

4. University

Anyone want to go my homework for me? No takers? Well, at least I have this fine quadrangle to walk across and bemoan the loss of my humanity. I wonder if that is the official flag of the Dominion universe or simply this university's? Maybe their mascot is a wildfire. I could think of worse.

3. Apprentice

This isn't so much an apprentice as a pyromancer, but maybe he's just serving some greater mage we never see. I have to wonder why he summoned that flame elemental. Maybe he's just preparing for Dominion U's pep rally. We can only speculate. At least he looks good doing it. Those arms are so angular.

2. Golem

I want one! Just look at those cute little stubby arms carrying all those planks for the city otter dam. Golem is maybe the cutest card in the Alchemy expansion, and he's up against such juggernauts as Scrying Pool, Herbalist, and Alchemist.

Moneymodel

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 01, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »
+2

Whoa, Apprentice just burned himself out of the post.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 01, 2015, 04:04:36 pm »
+1

Maybe the University is in Wales:

Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.