Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21  All

Author Topic: JSH's True Art Rankings  (Read 192824 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9624
    • View Profile
Re: JSH's True Art Rankings
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2015, 02:55:55 pm »
+1

The card whose art needs no introduction, apparently.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2015, 02:56:50 pm »
+30

He wrote three sentences, and then he deleted three sentences. 

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #327 on: October 15, 2015, 12:57:44 pm »
+8

Witherweaver is a smart person. She should really take over the thread from here. Thank you for understanding me.

9. Caravan

Camels are awesome animals, so what's better than a bunch of camels? Some glorious dunes? A quiet sky? A scope implying a greater adventure than what is present in the picture? Sure, Caravan has all of those things. It's a simple image that says a lot, and the kicker is that you are likely to set down a group of them together, making it look like you have a big string of camels, which is a neat visual. (Those of you who only play online may have never noticed this) Hi, I'm JSH. And I'm a camelholic.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2015, 01:37:30 pm »
+1

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2015, 01:44:15 pm »

Witherweaver is a smart person. She should really take over the thread from here. Thank you for understanding me.

The funny thing is that you got 0 respect and he got 20 (at the time of writing).
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2015, 01:46:57 pm »

The funny thing is that you got 0 respect and he got 20 (at the time of writing).

I actually thought I had respected his post.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2015, 01:49:55 pm »

I actually thought I had respected his post.

Stop trying to clear your conscience.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2015, 01:52:43 pm »
+3

I don't need your pity respect. I get plenty of respect from my high-quality, well thought-out posts as-is.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2015, 01:55:48 pm »
+9

I don't need your pity respect. I get plenty of respect from my high-quality, well thought-out posts as-is.

I just get respect from posting random shit.  Seems to be working so far.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 15, 2015, 02:28:28 pm »
+5

I dare say that the desert landscape and the visible ocean make it seem like the scene is set in africa, not the middle east, so the expected animals should be Cameli dromedarii, not Cameli bactriani. Curiously, the one at the far left has a hump visible in front of the position the person is sitting on - this does not, however, imply a second hump, as sitting just above a Camelus dromedarius'* gluteus maximus is common riding practice.

*With respect to readers not speaking latin, i refrained from declining Camelus dromedarus into genitive. Correctly it would have to be Camelus dromedarii.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2015, 03:01:24 pm »
+3

8. Merchant Ship

The eastern setting and beautiful sunset give Merchant Ship a unique flair, making it a standout picture in the set, even though it's mainly the colors and not the content that make it work. I am actually not sure if the ship in the background is the titular Merchant Ship or if the man carrying the crate (ouch) is departing from it. Dominion art.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2015, 03:13:43 pm »
+3

I dare say that the desert landscape and the visible ocean make it seem like the scene is set in africa, not the middle east, so the expected animals should be Cameli dromedarii, not Cameli bactriani. Curiously, the one at the far left has a hump visible in front of the position the person is sitting on - this does not, however, imply a second hump, as sitting just above a Camelus dromedarius'* gluteus maximus is common riding practice.

*With respect to readers not speaking latin, i refrained from declining Camelus dromedarus into genitive. Correctly it would have to be Camelus dromedarii.

My Latin is a bit rusty, but I really think it should be Cameli Dromedarii Gluteum Maximum, since "on" arguably calls for an accusative, as does Latin Super/Supra. In Taxonomy, the species (Dromedarius) is generally considered an adjective to the Genus (Camelus), so Camelus gets the genitive and Dromedarius follows suit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, you may return to your regular art ranking activities.

Jean-Michel

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jean-Michel
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 16, 2015, 03:19:20 pm »
+1

I didn't even realize that the thing on the right is a ship.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 16, 2015, 03:20:32 pm »

Huh, yeah, I thought it was just part of the docks.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2015, 03:21:05 pm »
+3

I am actually not sure if the ship in the background is the titular Merchant Ship or if the man carrying the crate (ouch) is departing from it. Dominion art.

Lift with your back!

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 16, 2015, 03:32:43 pm »

Huh, yeah, I thought it was just part of the docks.

To clarify, I am not actually sure either. I also assumed it was part of the docks, but it's not 100% clear to me.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 16, 2015, 03:33:34 pm »

I have a new theory.

JSH is only doing the art rankings to get respect, so he is only telling us what we want to hear. It is an evil plot, but I think I have enough evidence to convict him!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 16, 2015, 03:46:45 pm »
+1

My Latin is a bit rusty, but I really think it should be Cameli Dromedarii Gluteum Maximum, since "on" arguably calls for an accusative, as does Latin Super/Supra. In Taxonomy, the species (Dromedarius) is generally considered an adjective to the Genus (Camelus), so Camelus gets the genitive and Dromedarius follows suit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, you may return to your regular art ranking activities.

My latin is much rustier than yours, it seems. I was treating Camelus Dromedarius as a name, but apparently didn't think enough about that. I did not even consider that, to be consequent, Gluteus Maximus would have had to be in another case, too.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25650
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 16, 2015, 05:46:20 pm »
+3

The eastern setting and beautiful sunset give Merchant Ship a unique flair, making it a standout picture in the set, even though it's mainly the colors and not the content that make it work. I am actually not sure if the ship in the background is the titular Merchant Ship or if the man carrying the crate (ouch) is departing from it. Dominion art.
It was submitted too dark, and brightened.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2015, 02:28:12 pm »
+8

7. Ghost Ship

I will admit the rankings are getting tougher for me now. I like Ghost Ship's art a lot, but I was forced to only put it here. The cool thing about Ghost Ship is that it has a simple style that still succeeds in making it look otherworldly and a little spooky. The sky colors are an excellent backdrop and I love how you can still see the sky through the ship's sails, implying translucency. There seems to be a party going on in the back of the ship too. I hope the skeletons realize that punch is going to go right through them.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2015, 02:36:10 pm »
+7

My favorite part about Ghost Ship is that it translates into Dutch as "The Flying Dutchman".

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 18, 2015, 11:58:05 am »
+1

My favorite part about Ghost Ship is that it translates into Dutch as "The Flying Dutchman".

I agree. One of the few really nice translations.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 18, 2015, 07:16:03 pm »
+4

6. Haven

Gorgeous stuff here. A statue holds a flame as a makeshift lighthouse. Two stylish boats enter the haven on water that glimmers in the flame's light, creating a sense of the tranquility of night. What are they headed for? An all-you-can-eat bacon breakfast at the local Waffle House. It's worth traveling the entire way just for that.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 18, 2015, 07:20:10 pm »

I will probably get tons of hate for this, but Waffle House isn't even that good.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 18, 2015, 07:22:35 pm »

Waffle House is on the level of Eggo waffles.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21  All

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.