Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: That Governor board....  (Read 1742 times)

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
That Governor board....
« on: August 07, 2015, 05:04:57 am »

I still have this Governor board from my league match against mpsprs in my mind...

Thoughts and links on my match against mpsprs

Whole recorded stream: http://www.twitch.tv/assemble_me/c/6958351

[...]

Game 3 (starting at ~42:00):

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20150707/log.50e7525ee4b0b5b74140a6c0.1436295969034.txt

Code: [Select]
Embargo, Secret Chamber, Masquerade, Menagerie, Conspirator, Monument, Scavenger, Young Witch, Counting House, Governor, Junk DealerProvinces/Estates

We both open Masq/Silver right into Governor this time. No one bothers about Junk Dealer here (seems like a cheap excuse, I think I would have considered it if it would have been on the first page). I'm winning the Governor split, but don't have enough Gold in my deck to go for really big turns. We have to dance around Duchies for a long time. Although I'm almost at triple Province I don't expect my deck to be able to do that (altough I'm almost there if I wouldn't have trashed my Copper the turn before... but I think then I wouldn't have been able to draw all cards).
Not sure about a lot of thing on this one. The only thing that seems clear to me is that I must have done something pretty bad after winning the Governor split. I'm not 100% sure if I could have drawn everything during my last turn if I would have kept the last Copper. Also not sure if I should have gone more for the money, less for cards with Governor in the mid game. Yet, probably the first 5 should have been a Junk Dealer for both of us.

[...]

Btw: You can see the whole match from his perspective, too: http://www.twitch.tv/mpsprs/c/6941291

Do you agree with what I'm saying there?
What went wrong in the end?
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

assemble_me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: That Governor board....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:50:45 am »

So... judging this silence, it seems like the Governor split by itself didn't really win or loose this game. That said, this seems way more complex then I thought at the beginning and probably that's why I couldn't figure out what went wrong myself.
Thanks to anyone who agonized about this as well, I guess I have to live with the fact that I won't get an answer for it or I just have to look this all up turn by turn.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:09:06 am by assemble_me »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:09:58 am »
+3

One JD is mandatory and I'd seriously consider playing with 2 (before getting any Governors) because of the Menageries. Get Menagerie over the 2nd Silver.

Having a thin deck in which you can draw with Menagerie a reasonable % of the time is much better than winning the Governor split 6-4 and having a crappy deck where you have to waste Governors on draw to get anywhere at all.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 05:28:12 am »
+1

One JD is mandatory and I'd seriously consider playing with 2 (before getting any Governors) because of the Menageries

Yes, I absolutely agree that one or maybe even two Junk Dealers would have been good, it's in that tiny quoted text ;). Even without considering Menage I guess one JD is the right way to go... I also figured it out during the game but then I wasn't sure about a delayed JD after already having my first Governor either.
I wondered the most that I lost that game in the end since neither of us went for JD and I also won the Governor split, so I felt ahead at that point. But maybe in these junk-ish deck it's more luck-based and he took some good decisions in his end game (in other words, I failed to make my own shuffle luck ;)).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:29:22 am by assemble_me »

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.