Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Silence question  (Read 1547 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Silence question
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:58:24 am »

Why is it that silence takes away some buffs, but not others?  For instance, a silent Mana Wyrm reverts back to 1/3, but I've seen other instances where buffed minions keep their changed stats when silenced.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
Re: Silence question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 11:00:49 am »

Need examples.

One I hate is say, your buffed wyrm is damaged at something like 6/1 and I silence it. Well, now it's a 1/3 and more difficult to remove. That is, silence often but not always erases damage history.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:04:51 am »

Why is it that silence takes away some buffs, but not others?  For instance, a silent Mana Wyrm reverts back to 1/3, but I've seen other instances where buffed minions keep their changed stats when silenced.

They shouldn't be keeping their buffs and debuffs when silenced. However, a minion can never lose health when silenced except when their current hp is above their original maximum. Attack should always revert to the attack printed on the card.

There are some weird interactions with silence and stat-swapping cards like Crazed Alchemist and the spare part Reversing Switch. Minions can get 'healed' when silenced after it's hp had been reduced by a debuff.

Can you give specific examples you've noticed where a buff seems to remain on a minion after silence?

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:05:40 am »

Need examples.

One I hate is say, your buffed wyrm is damaged at something like 6/1 and I silence it. Well, now it's a 1/3 and more difficult to remove. That is, silence often but not always erases damage history.
It shouldn't go back to 3 health unless it's hp was set to 1 with ex. Humility/Aldor, no?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 11:08:26 am »
+2

If there's something like Dire Wolf Alpha which continuously buffs the adjacent minions and you silence one of those adjacent minions, the minion probably technically loses the buff before it immediately gets it again because the Dire Wolf Alpha is still there, buffing it.

If a damaged minion's health has been buffed, silencing the minion reduces its maximum health back to the original maximum health, but it doesn't reduce its current health (unless the current health is higher than the original maximum health, in which case the current health becomes the original maximum health).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.