Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What a great community!  (Read 2799 times)

rhogar

• Pawn
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
What a great community!
« on: July 24, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »
+13

Hello everybody!

I am fairly new to Dominion, with just a dozen games under my belt via physical games and online. I just discovered the Making Fun web client and have been having a blast. I have also been devouring game annotations and the simulators to learn everything I can. Dominion is a great thinking game when I am waiting for people to play Twilight Struggle, Paths of Glory, and the other great wargames with.

I am in my 30s, have a dream job and a dream family, and love tabletop gaming. I hope to get to know some of you, to participate in this community, and rank up in the ladders.

Thanks and have a good day!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
Re: What a great community!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 09:13:17 pm »
+1

Welcome! You are most cordially invited to check out the forum games!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »
+2

I just love these posts. Such feelgood!

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 12:18:44 am »

New people who are nice! I like it. Much better than new people who are mean.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 01:35:53 am »
+2

But much worse than old people who are mean!

Wait...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

rhogar

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:04:02 pm »

Wait...

Hmmm... I guess some of the new people have been terrible, for shame. I'm just an avid wargamer who moved and haven't found a regular group. I've been reading all the articles on the website here and the forums, learning what I can. Still a little shy to commit to a live game just yet, but I'll be active real soon.

I hope I'm not much worse than old people who are mean!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »

Wait...

Hmmm... I guess some of the new people have been terrible, for shame. I'm just an avid wargamer who moved and haven't found a regular group. I've been reading all the articles on the website here and the forums, learning what I can. Still a little shy to commit to a live game just yet, but I'll be active real soon.

Don't worry, you'll lose badly and often for awhile. :) That's the nature of the game.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 10:10:50 pm »

Wait...

It was supposed to be a bit of absurd humour. I guess I have to go back to the drawing board!

Moving and losing your regular group sucks! Hope you find a new one soon.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

rhogar

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 11:38:43 pm »
+1

Wait...

It was supposed to be a bit of absurd humour. I guess I have to go back to the drawing board!

Moving and losing your regular group sucks! Hope you find a new one soon.

I gotcha and figured, the drawing board is just fine.  ;D

I'm ok with the move. I'm back home after 13 years working around the world, putting roots into the ground finally. It feels good! But yeah, need to get in with a group.

I've been losing... A lot!  :'( But I've been going through the game logs and finding out why. It's embarrassing, but I'm having problems in level 7 of the base set tutorial "adventure" in the app. Dude always pulls witches and floods my deck. I respond with maybe 1 cellar, but I try to 3-pile as soon as possible. I can empty the gardens fairly easily, and the curses from him, but then I pitter out. The closest I got was a loss 17-11 or something. Ugh.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.936 seconds with 34 queries.