Author Topic: YO!  (Read 20833 times)

QuickSync

• Swindler
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
YO!
« on: July 21, 2015, 03:17:46 am »
+2

You might have remembered a few weeks ago that there was a tournament for mafia called 'Mafia Championships Season Two' on the two plus two poker site forum. Well I am not going to say that I was one of the entrants, because that would be a complete and utter lie. Truth is, I am a new player. I have only been playing since February. I have played on two different sites. I had this crazy, but believable idea that I could get better at mafia by going to different sites where mafia is played and try an pick up a few tricks or what have you from the different styles of the variations of different play from the sites and players who play there. This is now the 5th site I have been to. I have only played at 2 different sites. I have simply created an account on different sites and now I'm waiting for games to open up on the other sites.

If you have questions about me personally, feel free to ask.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
Re: YO!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 03:19:30 am »

If you have questions about me personally, feel free to ask.

Curious: What brought you to this site specifically?

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 03:24:49 am »

Well I have gone through the represented site list for the championship games twice now. What stuck out to me about this site was the name. I wanted to know how the people at a site called Dominion Strategy played the game. It seems like the competition would be steep, and even though I am not a very good player, it seemed that much could be learned here.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 04:28:42 am »
+3

Well I have gone through the represented site list for the championship games twice now. What stuck out to me about this site was the name. I wanted to know how the people at a site called Dominion Strategy played the game. It seems like the competition would be steep, and even though I am not a very good player, it seemed that much could be learned here.

Interesting™
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 04:41:11 am »

Interesting™

I lost. I lost the game  ;D

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 07:35:09 am »
+31

Interesting™

I lost. I lost the game  ;D

Welcome to the forums!  Have you checked out the Dominion threads?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:13 am »
+2

From what I've heard from people that play both here and in mafiascum, games are more relaxed here. Those people might say more about the different metas if they want.

/slowclap
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 02:23:17 pm »

Thanks. Haven't had the chance yet, but prolly will eventually.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 11:14:24 am »
+7

Being that you are new here, may be unaware that this post was intended to be humorous. You see, around here, when new people introduce themselves, someone always asks them if they have checked out the Forum Games. You however, have joined our forum because of the forum games, so SwitchedFromStarcraft was able to reverse our usual meme here.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 11:33:04 am »
+4

Being that you are new here, may be unaware that this post was intended to be humorous. You see, around here, when new people introduce themselves, someone always asks them if they have checked out the Forum Games. You however, have joined our forum because of the forum games, so SwitchedFromStarcraft was able to reverse our usual meme here.

How cliche and soooooo 2014. How Kirian of you.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 11:44:05 am »
+16

Being that you are new here, may be unaware that this post was intended to be humorous. You see, around here, when somebody makes a joke, someone else always writes a lengthy explanation of the joke, especially if somebody else doesn't get it. Legend has it that explaining the joke makes it funnier.

Also, welcome! I look forward to playing with you.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 01:12:01 pm »
+4

Being that you are new here, may be unaware that this post was intended to be humorous. You see, around here, when somebody makes a joke, someone else always writes a lengthy explanation of the joke, especially if somebody else doesn't get it. Legend has it that explaining the joke makes it funnier.

Being that you are new here, may be unaware that this post was also intended to be humorous.  You see, around here, when somebody makes a joke, and then someone writes a lengthy explanation of the joke, the idea is that pointing out that they pointed out the joke should make it funnier.

I'm also looking forward to playing with you.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 03:05:16 pm »
+8

Being that you are new here, may be unaware that this post was also intended to be humorous.  You see, around here, when somebody makes a joke, and then someone writes a lengthy explanation of the joke, the idea is that pointing out that they pointed out the joke should make it funnier.

I'm also looking forward to playing with you.

Being that you are new here, may be unaware that people around here tend to carry on jokes way too long and make inside memes out of all sorts of different things, such as explaining jokes to make them funnier.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 03:52:17 pm »
+9

I don't get it. Are you all making jokes?

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +863
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 05:24:43 pm »
+4

Awesome. I love this forum.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 11:45:34 pm »
+1

Awesome. I love this forum.

I think I do too. That was pretty funny. Had me laughing for realz.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
  • Respect: +204
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 12:19:29 am »
+1

Being that you are new here-
Gender happened.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 12:21:10 am »
+2

No see, the joke was that I'm not new here. Therefore it's funny that I didn't get that they were joking when I clearly know what the joke is.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
  • Respect: +204
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 12:54:01 am »
+3

No see, the joke was that I'm not new here. Therefore it's funny that I didn't get that they were joking when I clearly know what the joke is.

Ah, clearly, you missed the joke that I, being aware that you were not in fact new here and instead was being funny by pretending to be both new and not get the joke, decided to add an additional level to the joke by pretending to not be aware of the joke that you were making by not being new
Additional humor can additionally be found with the knowledge that I am in fact relatively new here, as such, to an untrained eye, I might appear as if I am the exact person that I was attempting to emulate in the hope of humorous result
Gender happened.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 12:18:07 pm »

Ah, clearly, you missed the joke that I, being aware that you were not in fact new here and instead was being funny by pretending to be both new and not get the joke, decided to add an additional level to the joke by pretending to not be aware of the joke that you were making by not being new
Additional humor can additionally be found with the knowledge that I am in fact relatively new here, as such, to an untrained eye, I might appear as if I am the exact person that I was attempting to emulate in the hope of humorous result

Being that you are in fact relatively new here, you may not have realized that any relatively new newcomer's addition to any addition to any joke (however relevant), is relatively welcome, as forumers here are in fact relatively welcoming to other relatively new forumers, as my own relative newness indicates.

Anyway, to the OP welcome to forums. I skimmed your post and saw you may enjoy mafia! Have you checked out the forum games?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 12:26:12 pm »
+1

And make sure you check out forum games.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:47 pm »
+2

FOUL! User clearly rehashes old joke in an attempt to cover himself in upvotes.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:35:54 pm by Seprix »

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 04:34:18 am »
+3

Being that you are in fact relatively new here, you may not have realized that any relatively new newcomer's addition to any addition to any joke (however relevant), is relatively welcome, as forumers here are in fact relatively welcoming to other relatively new forumers, as my own relative newness indicates.

Anyway, to the OP welcome to forums. I skimmed your post and saw you may enjoy mafia! Have you checked out the forum games?

This place is awesome.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 08:31:51 am »
+2

Nevertheless, I'm never going to give up.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 02:48:04 pm »
+1

I'm at the top of the list!  The top! The very top!

Where is that brag board thread?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 21 queries.