Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Opened 3/4 vs. 5/2 on Ambassador board, still lost badly. Help me.  (Read 1490 times)

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150714/log.514b5511e4b0b79c883b5e3b.1436902312654.txt

I'm sure I did a lot of things wrong here but I don't even know what most of them are.  Following him on Advisors was dumb, my deck wasn't slim enough.  Should my second Amb have been Silver instead?  I don't understand what happened in this game.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Re: Opened 3/4 vs. 5/2 on Ambassador board, still lost badly. Help me.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 03:48:49 pm »
+3

At least one of the early Tournaments needs to be Farming Village to play two Ambassadors a turn. Turn 7 should return two Coppers, buying Silver is bad too. You don't need Silver, already have plenty of money sources in Tournaments. Thinning way more important. Turn 9 Storeroom looks bad. Not even sure what it's supposed to do for you at this point. These two buys are made worse by the fact that there's a perfectly nice $3 (Sage) to take instead. I am also skeptical of the Gold,

Given the number of Tournaments you had, I think you had pretty bad luck not getting Prizes for the first couple runs through the deck with Province. But after that your deck size is getting completely unmanageable.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:51:41 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: Opened 3/4 vs. 5/2 on Ambassador board, still lost badly. Help me.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 03:51:16 pm »
+2

Should my second Amb have been Silver instead?

Your problem was that you didn't Amb aggressive enough. T3 Amb is obviously correct, a Silver there would have been truly atrocious.

On T4 I'd take Farming Village over a second Tournament seeing that you have two Ambs in your deck, but Tournament isn't terrible. On T5 you certainly want a Farming Village over a 3rd Tournament.

On T6 your hand is Ambassador, Tournament, Estate, Copper, Copper, with Amb, Tour, Cop left in your draw. The best play here is to not play the Tournament and just return two Coppers. As played you absolutely have to return the two Coppers over the one Estate. The time to prioritize building over thinning is when you're drawing your deck and playing both Ambs each turn, and you're far removed from that point.

On T7 you again return one Estate instead of two Coppers, which is the inferior equivalent of clicking the resign button.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.