Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Newish!  (Read 2250 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
Newish!
« on: July 14, 2015, 11:13:44 am »
+5

Hi all,

I've been posting here and there for a couple of months now I guess, but never did do the proper introductions thing.

I'm a student in the UK and I've been playing Dominion IRL for just over a year and a half (well the first time I ever played was more years ago, but I only played once or twice before I bought the base set for my flat mate a year and a half ago).  Now I own every set (no promos :( ), stored in a toolbox adapted by my much-more-arts-and-craftsy-than-me mother to hold them all.  I might post photos of the storage solution in that thread at some point, it works pretty well.

Anyway.  No Goko/MF handle, I don't intend to get sucked in to playing online much as it tempts me.  But I do intend to carry on frequenting the Dominion Online threads because watching the carnage is great entertainment!

Great community you guys have here, hope you don't mind my butting in!

Cheers.

H.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
Re: Newish!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 01:50:25 pm »
+2

Welcome!

If you think watching the carnage is great entertainment, trying being a part of it!  Have you checked out the Forum Games?

What's your stance on punctuation position relative to closing quotation marks?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 02:37:23 pm »
+2

Funny... you don't *look* newish.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 02:46:24 pm »

Welcome!

If you think watching the carnage is great entertainment, trying being a part of it!  Have you checked out the Forum Games?

What's your stance on punctuation position relative to closing quotation marks?
Yeah I've been following lots of the Mafia games, figure I'll dive into one at some point or another, thought not right now.  Zendo too.  What, by the way, does `PPE' mean (in the context of a Mafia game)?

Commas and stops at the end of a quote always inside the quotes, everything else outside.

Huh?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:24:29 pm »

PPE stands for "pre post edit". This is used to denote when posts have been made while you are writing up a post, with the number corresponding to the number of unread posts.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 04:50:31 pm »

This is used to denote when posts have been made while you are writing up a post, with the number corresponding to the number of unread posts.

Or if, instead of a number, it's "PPE: more text", it means that you've read the posts now and the text after PPE is in response to the new posts, but the text before it was written before you read the new posts.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:56:36 pm »

Yeah. That too  :D

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 12:40:58 am »

Why doesn't this have more upvotes, that movie isn't that old.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.