Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hi, i'm new here! In a way...  (Read 1744 times)

Lowman83

• Pawn
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Hi, i'm new here! In a way...
« on: July 13, 2015, 04:53:36 pm »
+13

I’ve been lurking this forum for quite a few years now, zero posts (recognize yourself? Reply! ;--)). Enjoyed many great threads, articles, game reports, etc. Now, suddenly, when the show is almost over (it isn’t, right?!), I felt this tremendous urge to introduce myself, so:

Hi…

31, M, The Netherlands. Could have been an outstanding Dominion player. Unluckily, I played all of my 3.500 games against Lord Bottington. He did teach me a thing or two, e.g. this great Scout – Rats combo, which I still don’t seem to master.

IRL, every now and then I play the base game vs. my significant other. She is sweet, smart, absolutely hates dominion, but loves me. Yay! The first few minutes, pretending her fake smile is real, are always very pleasant. But then, after turn 3 or 4, it starts… The noises, her eyes turning red, the screaming…, watch the Exorcist, and you get the idea. Last time, I came prepared. Tried to ease the tension by sliding in this brilliantly timed joke, just before the reshuffle. Something about a Mint, not being Mine. I slept on the couch for three weeks, and I’m still fixing the dining table, three chairs and the refrigerator.

That’s when I started to lurk the Religion, Sex and Politics section. It gave me a new perspective on life, in general, and brought me even closer to my dearest friend, Lord B. Sometimes I wish I could bring him more to life, just for a bit. Perhaps with some flashy in your face animations. Oh well, that might take a while. The gaming industry is all about perfect gameplay & mechanics these days. *sigh*

So that’s me. Latest trend is, I might even consider challenging other people (face your fears!), so hold on tight to your precious ISO ratings ;) BTW, are the forum games any good?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, i'm new here! In a way...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »
+1

are the forum games any good?

Good? Debatable. Disgustingly addicting? Absolutely.

Edit: Also, have you checked out the League yet?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Lowman83

• Pawn
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:43 am »

Not yet. Is it any good? I think i did see some league matches on twitch. Who's the guy who's always yelling? Fun to watch though!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:22 am »

I'd say it's pretty good, especially if you're looking for a way to pit yourself against challenging opponents. The subforum is here, though the latest season just started so it'll be about a month and a half before you can jump in.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 07:23:20 am »

Who's the guy who's always yelling?

It's Stef :D

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 08:47:15 am »
+1

Not yet. Is it any good? I think i did see some league matches on twitch. Who's the guy who's always yelling? Fun to watch though!

Yelling man is AdamH, not Stef.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.