Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 18471 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
NFL
« on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:55 pm »

Nobody else cares, do they? Because I'm addicted to the NFl.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:32:14 pm »

Nobody else cares, do they? Because I'm addicted to the NFl.

I do, but this is like the only month out of the year without any real football news (except for the odd fireworks accident).

Let the baseball weirdos have something

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:50:08 pm »

I'm a big Panthers fan, followed by being a big Patriots fan. And Redskins after that. Followed by whoever is playing the Cowboys at any given moment.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:47:52 pm »

People who like Football on FD.S!? No way!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:03:34 pm »

I was born in Houston and I cheer for the Texans. Try not to feel sorry for me. They'll make the second round of playoffs eventually.

After that I like the Panthers (I lived 8 years in Charlotte, NC and started watching football near the beginning of that time) and Patriots (for the sake of my best friend in college who got me into watching football).

Before college, I didn't give a rat's donkey about football. It was an aquired taste for me (as was heavy metal vocals).

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:05:43 pm »

I think I'll give a rundown of who I think will win or lose, who will make the playoffs, and who will totally bomb quite soon.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 12:04:57 am »

...this is like the only month out of the year without any real football news (except for the odd fireworks accident).

And Dez Bryant threatening (even swearing on his kids) to hold out into the regular season if he doesn't get a long-term deal, with the players union threatening to sue the Cowboys and Broncos for colluding not to pay him or Demaryus.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 12:25:40 am »

...this is like the only month out of the year without any real football news (except for the odd fireworks accident).

And Dez Bryant threatening (even swearing on his kids) to hold out into the regular season if he doesn't get a long-term deal, with the players union threatening to sue the Cowboys and Broncos for colluding not to pay him or Demaryus.

The Cowboys wanted to be that someone that even the Texans could shake their heads at.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:26:52 am by LibraryAdventurer »

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 10:54:12 am »

I came back to football for the past 6 or 7 years, as my wife likes it a lot.  But I'm thinking of letting it go again.  The defense is not allowed to hit anyone; no one can lower their head to protect themselves; the refs can't get a handle on what constitutes a completed pass; Sean Payton was penalized a whole season on no evidence, but Brady only gets four games for tampering with the ball in a championship game (and that is decided AFTER the season is over - but you screw with a baseball and they throw you out of the game immediately). Roger Bad-ell is a joke.

The NFL is just a hot mess.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 11:08:14 am »

I came back to football for the past 6 or 7 years, as my wife likes it a lot.  But I'm thinking of letting it go again.  The defense is not allowed to hit anyone; no one can lower their head to protect themselves; the refs can't get a handle on what constitutes a completed pass; Sean Payton was penalized a whole season on no evidence, but Brady only gets four games for tampering with the ball in a championship game (and that is decided AFTER the season is over - but you screw with a baseball and they throw you out of the game immediately). Roger Bad-ell is a joke.

The NFL is just a hot mess.

We all think Goodell is a joke. I don't let the bad get in the way of the game. And Sean Payton totally is guilty, there's no way he didn't know what was going on. He just didn't care.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 01:46:05 pm »

but Brady only gets four games for tampering with the ball in a championship game

oh, gtfoh with this

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 08:56:21 am »

but Brady only gets four games for tampering with the ball in a championship game

oh, gtfoh with this

I know, it shouldn't upset anyone at this point.  The rules don't apply to the Patriots - that's been proven time and time again.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:17 am »

oh, gtfoh with this

I know, it shouldn't upset anyone at this point.  The rules don't apply to the Patriots - that's been proven time and time again.

Lol. Actually throughout history, the Patriots are only average cheaters. The biggest offenders are the Broncos. Every team cheats with crowd noise and ball inflating/deflating and stuff you've never even heard of unfortunately.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 08:44:31 am »
+3

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 01:07:16 am »

I am a hereditary Cowboys fan.  Meaning that my dad is a big fan and I won't cheer against them.  But really, now that I don't have a TV , I don't watch nearly as much football as I used to.

That being said, I am totally down for an f.ds fantasy league
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 01:12:04 am »
+1

I mean, I am a pretty terrible fan though.  I just like watching good games.  The Patriots/NY Giants Super Bowl was great.  Every time NE got the ball I thought the game would end, but the Giants magically stopped them.  But as for teams I cheer for....my dad's family is the Cowboys (as previously mentioned), mom's side is Broncos, I live in the Seattle area and am not going to cheer against the Sounders or any other team that they might share a stadium with, my girlfriend is a big Packers fan.....so yeah.  I grew up all over and never really settled down on a team, but do enjoy watching a good football game.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 01:22:05 am »
+1

F.DS Fantasy League? Count me in.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 01:43:55 am »

F.DS Fantasy League? Count me in.

I'd do that.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 08:41:47 am »

I'll probably make one on ESPN or NFL this week then, when my power comes back.

My only question is when the draft should be. Probably a month or two?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 10:53:46 am »

Yeah, the draft doesn't need to happen until like a week or two before the season starts

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 11:48:32 am »

Yeah, the draft doesn't need to happen until like a week or two before the season starts

I think I'll see if I can do it in August.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 01:55:23 pm »

oh, gtfoh with this

Lol. Actually throughout history, the Patriots are only average cheaters. The biggest offenders are the Broncos. Every team cheats with crowd noise and ball inflating/deflating and stuff you've never even heard of unfortunately.

I was born and raised in the Denver area, so I've always been a Broncos fan. The first specific thing I can remember from watching a football game was TD getting injured in Super Bowl XXXII.

Anyway, I recently learned about some salary cap nonsense the Broncos did during the Super Bowl winning years; have there been other big incidents I'm just unaware of?

PPE: after 5 seconds of Googling, I have discovered https://yourteamcheats.com/, this should be fun ;D

edit: Why does every scandal need to be named after Watergate?  ::)

edit2: We're number 1! We're number 1! Wait...crap.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:12:55 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 02:25:22 pm »
+1

oh, gtfoh with this

I was born and raised in the Denver area, so I've always been a Broncos fan. The first specific thing I can remember from watching a football game was TD getting injured in Super Bowl XXXII.

Anyway, I recently learned about some salary cap nonsense the Broncos did during the Super Bowl winning years; have there been other big incidents I'm just unaware of?

PPE: after 5 seconds of Googling, I have discovered https://yourteamcheats.com/, this should be fun ;D

My team, the Cardinals seem to be the least cheaty, along with the Browns, Chiefs, and Jaguars.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:26:37 pm by Seprix »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2015, 03:44:03 pm »
+2

oh, gtfoh with this

Oh man this is a great resource to use next time I hear someone complaining about how the Patriots are nothing but cheaters!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »

oh, gtfoh with this

Oh man this is a great resource to use next time I hear someone complaining about how the Patriots are nothing but cheaters!

Yeah this seems a little biased towards the Patriots. For instance, several other teams also have "deflategates", and they were all penalized more than the Patriots were. They also have several 'gates' mentioned that they're awarded zero points for. Sure, they're minor incidents, but every single other team gets majorly penalized for minor incidents from 30 years ago.

Conclusion: This was a site made by a Patriots fan who wanted to say "Look! Everyone else cheats too!!!!!!!"

Edit: This is from the website.
When you are consistently outplayed and outcoached by the same team year-after-year (or worse, lose to them in a Super Bowl) you WANT to believe -- you NEED to believe -- that the only reason you can't match up is because of some mysterious Patriots' black magic voodoo cheating.

To keep your sanity, you make up fairy tales to soothe yourself. I get that, I really do. I used to feel the same way about the New York Yankees when they were good. I sympathize.

Unfortunately for you, though, your tidy little bedtime story is a lie. Find yourself a good therapist to help you deal with your issues instead. Get well soon.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:52:10 pm by Twistedarcher »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 21 queries.